Home

I hope a lesson can be learned here

This is a discussion on I hope a lesson can be learned here within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 03:28 AM   #9
Rookie

MysticJack541's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I hope a lesson can be learned here

I'm not one to call out devs, or say people should be punished, but I do agree it's super disheartining to see basic things missing from the game when the blueprint has been out for quite some time.
I hope out of all the criticism we can get a fully complete bad*ss EA UFC 4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2018, 04:10 AM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticJack541
I'm not one to call out devs, or say people should be punished, but I do agree it's super disheartining to see basic things missing from the game when the blueprint has been out for quite some time.

Super bad sign to already be talking about UFC 4 game been out for a week now and already looking forward to that, sheeeessssh I can’t wait for the first patch that’s all
Old 02-09-2018, 05:46 AM   #11
Banned

Anyone that has played the other games should know to have faith in the Dev team.

EA UFC 1 and 3 improved sooo much because of patches it isnt funny.

There are some glaring issues but i def believe in the devs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2018, 08:46 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCFreak1220
Super bad sign to already be talking about UFC 4 game been out for a week now and already looking forward to that, sheeeessssh I can’t wait for the first patch that’s all
Yeah, I never understood that either....when people use the "well let's wait till (insert next installment here), that'll fix everything."

Because not too long ago, when UFC 2 was frustrating the hell out of everyone, the line was, "well, let's wait till UFC 3, that'll fix everything."

.....and here we are. :/

Either way, a few essential patches and I think this game will suffice; myself personally, I've had some fun online matches and whatnot.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:54 AM   #13
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticJack541
This is probably the worst possible perspective you can have regarding a game that has been out for a week after a nearly 2 year gap from the release of the last one.

There are features of the game that are a pretty big problem right now that can be fixed via patches and tuner updates so that's good and all but there is an overall design direction of the game that was pursued and is lacking and cannot be patched out.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:57 AM   #14
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Eh, I would not say poorly thought out. I don't agree with some of the decisions they took though. UT is one of them. Licensed fighters is not something that will make me enjoy the mode more.

I don't like the stamina system either. I definitely think the key thing should be, that you pay for your striking output, regardless of whether the strike lands or misses (be it different numbers.

That said this is a forum where everyone has their own opinion, and while I think it is reasonable to take some major guidelines of what is being asked in a community, and roll with it, we don't actually design this game. It's their choice to decide what to do with the feedback, and it is your decision as to whether you like what they did with the game or not. If you did not, then you should not have bought it. I think the beta told a complete story.

And seriously, **** this **** though.
Quote:
punishments given out to the people who simply failed to understand their community and core base of supporters
"Boohoo, you did not make the game EXACTLY what I asked for. You deserve to be punished for it. Up on the naughty step!"
Old 02-09-2018, 09:26 AM   #15
Rookie

MysticJack541's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia
This is probably the worst possible perspective you can have regarding a game that has been out for a week after a nearly 2 year gap from the release of the last one.

There are features of the game that are a pretty big problem right now that can be fixed via patches and tuner updates so that's good and all but there is an overall design direction of the game that was pursued and is lacking and cannot be patched out.
I'm talking more about things that can't be patched in. Things like a better takedown system (more takedown animations). More GnP animations, better posture system, seated cage position. Just core mechanics and improvements, and I doubt that stuff will be patched in. That being said, of course things will be patched and the game will improve over time.

Edit: And a completley rehauled clinch system.

Last edited by MysticJack541; 02-09-2018 at 09:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2018, 09:28 AM   #16
Rookie

Look there are somethings in this game I like but there is a lot of things I don't! Undisputed 3 came out in 2012 its now 2018 and I'm sorry to say but undisputed was far better then this. Its like were moving backwards and I understand the devs worked hard on this game and it does show improvements since ufc 2 but if they would listen to the fans of mma and not just game changers I'm pretty sure they would have a way better game Imo!! Now I know patches are coming and granted they may help in some areas but for the most part there are a lot of flaws patches can't fix. I was just as hyped as anyone else for this game but once I started playing it felt dull and unpolished not really what I expected after 2 years. Yes the striking is much improved with its own faults such as input lag and knockouts being mediocre at best!! Stamina was improved, Roster was improved, No real change to the ground game. Career mode an absolute joke!!!!! fans have been saying they wanted the career mode to be deeper with interactive press conferences and weigh ins so they tease it in the trailer and when the game drops ...... yea not so much!! There most certainly is a lesson to be learned here....BELIVE IT WHEN YOU SEE IT....
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »