Home

I hope a lesson can be learned here

This is a discussion on I hope a lesson can be learned here within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 11:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Exclamation I hope a lesson can be learned here

With what seems to be a super unbalanced and poorly thought out game riddled with inconsistencies and poor judgement backed up by small player numbers which usually goes hand in hand with bad sales, i hope there is a lesson to be learned here since the other 2 games clearly did not work.

I hope there are punishments given out to the people who simply failed to understand their community and core base of supporters, because clearly the dev's were lead into the wrong direction. Prime examples can be found about the stats and how limiting they are going completely in the wrong direction, instead of more unique stats that MMA actually has, we got more stats shoved into 1 category. We also have odd choice to mix roster fighters with caf's in UT mode which seems more money hungry then ever before.

The stamina system makes 0 sense, you get more tired because you throw more strikes, but if you end up hitting the guy and doing dmg, at the end of the fight both fighters have similar stamina, fighter A because he threw a lot of strikes but took 0 dmg, fighter B because he threw no strikes but took heavy damage.

We still have damage indicators even though damage animations are in the game clearly showing all phases of damage, creating a false illusion that if your head isnt red you shouldn't be getting KO'ed, just pushing our immersion further away.

Overall, tons of issues that most of you can just see on the front page of this very own forum that make you want to scratch your head on how this could have gone so horribly wrong.

Hopefully less radical ideas/changes and more improvements on what made other MMA games so fun to play, the fact that years and years later some of the older MMA games still outshine the next gen super graphical juiced games is beyond sad and the confidence in developers to get it right is ever fading.

Last edited by HypeRNT; 02-08-2018 at 11:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2018, 11:36 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: I hope a lesson can be learned here

Give me a break! Getting so sick of the negative posts. The ea UFC development team is great. Especially GPD. They worked really hard and are doing a great job. The game is really good and they will keep working to improve it. I feel very fortunate to have them make this game.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:41 PM   #3
Rookie

Learn to deal with criticism then, all my points are valid and can and are proven in the game.

Its also my opinion, even though it is leaning to being supported by facts, especially once we get further numbers since right now there is a small player base playing the game which is not good for such a new game.

Regardless of the numbers, there are so many categories that this game has taken multiple steps backward, and with the dev time that was given and this being 2018 while there are much older games out there with better features that we still somehow cant incorporate to this day even though the fans/core base has been begging every game is beyond ludicrous.

The entire game is inconsistent, its literally rock em sock em robots.... There is like what? 10 rocks on avg per fight? Every single video that is being posted on forums that doesn't end in 1st round features 10+ rocks/stumbles over and over and over again, especially if both fighters are tired.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:42 PM   #4
Rookie

Don't stress bcelts, there will be more than just this guy having a tantrum. Just move on and enjoy the game.

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-08-2018, 11:45 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious752
Don't stress bcelts, there will be more than just this guy having a tantrum. Just move on and enjoy the game.

Not sure why u think im having a tantrum, just because i dont kiss the devs a$$ every post? Im actually very calm, speaking my mind, you know, free speech and to have an opinion isnt having a tantrum.

Like i said, i think my points are fair and not made up, i think there have been too many categories that we gone back and too little categories that improved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2018, 11:47 PM   #6
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

This dude is probably going to get burnt at the stake but I can't fault him for his perspective. There are a lot of things wrong with the game.

There are steps in the right direction but there's a lot of tuning and patches needed to get this game in a better place imo. I just hope the devs are willing. I like the game and it's fun but I'm not content with the product we currently have.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:47 PM   #7
Rookie

Ironically, that is my opinion. Just like your OP is your opinion. Now please, continue with the rest of the forum users that are replying and have a friendly discussion.

Old 02-08-2018, 11:52 PM   #8
MVP

When will these dudes just go back already?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »