Home

1.05 Major and Minor SWAYS issues (DEAD ZONE) + How to fix it

This is a discussion on 1.05 Major and Minor SWAYS issues (DEAD ZONE) + How to fix it within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2018, 08:05 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 1.05 Major and Minor SWAYS issues (DEAD ZONE) + How to fix it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
With 1.05 we got Minor and Major swaying in the game.

Small angle CLICK RS (not holding) = Minor Sway

Large angle CLICK OR HOLDING RS = Major sway.

But

Issue #1 - Practically very unreliable to perform Minor Sway, NOT Major sway = high chances of random = frustration.
This is very bad b/c difference between Minor and Major are huge and critical in some situations. We need to be 100% sure what will we perform as we wish.
The case of this issue - LARGE DEADZONE.
Yes, again, i am keep talking about dead zone issue on RS swaying. And this becomes more crucial now with 2 types of swaying.

I 30' I 60' I 90'
I I I I I I I I
I I I I I I
I I I I
I I I
II
I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I

After testing with tilting RS:
first 30' - Dead zone = nothing happened
2nd from 30' to 60' = Minor sway
3nd from 60" to 90' = Major sway

The case of issue is that we need to make precise tilting RS window from 30' to 60', no less (= no Sway) no more (= major sway = huge vulnerability). This is practically NOT possible to do constantly.

> HOW TO FIX:
Make Dead zone close to 2-5' to solve backlash. From 0/5' to 60' = Minot sway. From 60' to 90' (i.e. full tilting to edge) = Major sway.

Issue #2 - Practically very difficult (nearly impossible) to perform a Series of Minor sways

A series of major and minor sways are real IRL. So they must to be in EA UFC 3.

How to do a series of Major sways? by tilting RS to edge and keep tilting trasfer/rotate it in needed direction.

How to do a series of Minor Sways NOW? it is possible NOW ONLY by CLICK RS quickly in one direction and then CLICK immediately in another direction.
I.e. you need a series of clicks (not just circling) which is not reliable and also to aim to window 30'-60' angle RS during these clicks which is nearly impossible.

> HOW TO FIX:
1 step - check Issue #1 solution (tighting Dead zone).
2 step - make possible not only by clicking but also by trasnfering/rotating RS from side-to-side while keeping angle not more than 60'

Issue #3 - Only Minor Sways are possible to be BUFFERED.
Try to make any move, strike, step and during it just input a Sway (light click for Minor and full to edges click for Major Sway)... after ending prev move, your buffered Sway will immediately auto launch (buffered input) BUT it ALWAYS will be a Minor Sway, REGARDLESS of your RS tilting angle.
This is wrong!! We must to be able to buffer in any actions Major sways also as we want depending on situation.

> HOW TO FIX:
Sway input buffered during ANY move must to be read as it is - light tilt for Minor and full tilt for Major Sway.

P.S. Btw, the most Solomon's decision will be also make an RS Dead zone size setting in Settings to make possible to tune it as we wish.

Thats why i play Ufc 3 with my Nacon Revolution 2, you can set up right and left stick in detail !!

The min dead zone is 0, and max 99 (I play with 10). You can select hight or low sensiblility too

Last edited by The meticulous Esp; 05-10-2018 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:18 PM   #10
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
I found one more issues which is important!

Issue #3 - Only Minor Sways are possible to be BUFFERED.
Try to make any move, strike, step and during it just input a Sway (light click for Minor and full to edges click for Major Sway)... after ending prev move, your buffered Sway will immediately auto launch (buffered input) BUT it ALWAYS will be a Minor Sway, REGARDLESS of your RS tilting angle.
This is wrong!! We must to be able to buffer in any actions Major sways also as we want depending on situation.

> HOW TO FIX:
Sway input buffered during ANY move must to be read as it is - light tilt for Minor and full tilt for Major Sway.
We need FULL control on our Fighter, to make what we want what we planned for more numbers of our defensive tools!
Hmm...I just tested this and had no problem buffering a minor sway off a strike.

Can you give me more specifics of what scenario isn't working for you?
Old 05-10-2018, 10:22 PM   #11
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Hmm...I just tested this and had no problem buffering a minor sway off a strike.

I'm not having trouble with the controls, either. But I haven't played much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2018, 10:43 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:

I think he’s saying you can ONLY buffer minor sway.

He’s requesting the ability to major sway as well
Old 05-10-2018, 11:09 PM   #13
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
I think he’s saying you can ONLY buffer minor sway.

He’s requesting the ability to major sway as well
I was able to buffer both when I tested it.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:46 AM   #14
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:

I was talking that you can not buffering MAJOR sway. Even if you buffered Major sway (tilt RS to edges) you will get always Minor sway instead. This must to be fixed.

Are u sure that u BUFFERED the input not made it just after? Do u need a video demonstration from me?

Buffered input PROS VS Reacted input just after:
+ starting up as soon as possible after prev move (faster, w/o delay). You will get FLUID series of moves.
+ easier to perform/input, w/o tight timing (which is not stable in laggy/delay network conditions)
+ is one of the best anti lag/delay solution
+ (?) possible to cancel buffered/remembered input by R2 - (not sure about it).
+ ONLY with buffering Sways becomes stable and reliable def tool in online match conditions

We have buffering in EA UFC. Ability to buffer Sways is the most important buffering now.
We can not to buffer Major sways - Minor sways are going instead/

Last edited by SUGATA; 05-11-2018 at 07:51 AM.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:49 AM   #15
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The meticulous Esp
Thats why i play Ufc 3 with my Nacon Revolution 2, you can set up right and left stick in detail !!

The min dead zone is 0, and max 99 (I play with 10). You can select hight or low sensiblility too
Nacon will not helps. It’s dead zone settings are only about hardware. DS4 has nearly 0 dead zone by itself.
But
The game determines Dead zone by software. And only devs can change it if we have not Dead zone setting in the game options

Last edited by SUGATA; 05-11-2018 at 07:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2018, 02:48 PM   #16
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
I'm not having trouble with the controls, either. But I haven't played much.
Strange.
Can you make a video where you offline in practice is standing still in calm conditions (unlike of moving/striking in ranked match online which are much worse difficult conditions) and please make at least 20 Minor sways in different directions , w/o failing into Major sway? = issue #1 You need to aim RS when clicking into window from 30'to 60', honestly i think tjhis window is even tighter nearly 15' (from 45' to 60')

Then please make a video with a SERIES of Minor Sways - by clicking (not possible to rotate RS) RS quickly in different directions w/o failing into Major sway. Make 20 at least. = issue #2 (no ability to make stable series of Minor sways).

I tried with Nick Diaz and I could not do this target once - EVEN ONCE, while in IDEAL conditions with NEW controller DS4 w/o any defects!

Thanks in advance.

I am sure that Swaying must to be 100% stable and reliable in performing exact type of Sway we want and when we want. W/o this stability - Sways becomes RISKY RANDOM NOT reliable (= not usable) def tool! > W/o Sways fights becomes boring all-as-one primitive strikes exchange.
Top players matches are a litmus paper (after sway spam fixes): i dont see that they are much using Sways and successful Sways are are rare.

Last edited by SUGATA; 05-11-2018 at 04:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »