Home

The problem isn’t inside fighting or outside fighting. It’s both

This is a discussion on The problem isn’t inside fighting or outside fighting. It’s both within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2018, 01:39 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: The problem isn’t inside fighting or outside fighting. It’s both

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
And this wasn't a problem in UFC 2?

I understand the problem Martial Mind presented in his video. There are subtleties to real life footwork that the game doesn't capture. I agree.

But this sudden believe that there's "magnetic striking" and that is the source of all the problems in the game is getting a little carried away.

Does anyone remember the constant complaints that you couldn't hit someone in a health event in UFC 2? That you couldn't land a punch while they were throwing a kick? That back lunge was OP?
The issue with UFC 2 was the inability to strike while moving, you rock someone not against the cage, they walk backwards, you have to either dash in, hope you’re close enough to land strikes, or that they don’t run. The one thing I do prefer from 2 over 3, is the ability to get in and out of the pocket with dashes and how easy circling off the cage was with an advanced lunge(you could block as well)

In 2 I constantly stood just outside of range, they’d throw their combo, miss and Id dash in, counter and dash out. It was difficult to get backed up into a cage as well, feet hit the black line, advance lunge out, hope they don’t throw a round strike, and if they do, hope you blocked the right section. I don’t remember people literally being in kissing range 90% of the fight like you see in 3...

Outside fighting is very difficult to do, especially vs someone that wants to be in your face. Retreating jab can help, and push kicks, even a back lunge but they quickly are right back in the booth. I also find the responsiveness of the back lunge isn’t always there... I know they are about to throw a hook/uppercut, I lean back and get hit when I feel like I should of avoided that
Old 05-24-2018, 08:24 AM   #50
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

EA UFC 3 striking is just too robotic, it doesn't feel satisfying at all.

I understand EA UFC 2's striking had some huge technical problems and looked way too dumb in a lot of occasions regarding strikes' range/accuracy, with people being impossible to hit if you used a short fighter, but that issue was mainly caused by 2 things, the 2nd one being the most important one:

- Lack of Forward Moving Strike Animations.(They got added in EA UFC 3, but I guess the devs soon realised that under the current engine's physics based striking, they still weren't possible to give fighters more range with the new animations, so they turned it into binary 0 and 1 situations on wether the shots will land or not... Artificially slowing down or speeding up strikes to make them hit or miss, causing tons of inconsistencys and making the fighters feel unresponsive, turning the Stand-Up more of a Predetermined, Turn Based mini-game, like the ground/clinch game is ...)

-Invisible Force Field keeping you away from your opponent combined with Only Standing Still Strikes(This seems to be the engine's limitation, where physics would most likely completely break down or look goofy as heck, as soon as people's limbs interacted with one another, which is why we always had that force-field keeping people away from each other.
That was one thing that needed fixxing, but they opted for the worse solution, which is to scrap the physics based striking, that was the core, fun & satisfying part of the series that made it stand out from UFC Undisputed and is now sadly turned into this unpolished robotic 0 & 1 based striking.
It just makes you wanna rage and stop playing the game because of all the inconsitencies in the range/speed of predetermined rules surrounding it. Requiring you to know unnescessary arcadey knowledge, such as pre-made combos and strike frame-timings, in order to stand a chance in being effecient with the current striking, that got boring before the game even launched.)

Last edited by manliest_Man; 05-24-2018 at 08:40 AM.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:08 PM   #51
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
And this wasn't a problem in UFC 2?

I understand the problem Martial Mind presented in his video. There are subtleties to real life footwork that the game doesn't capture. I agree.

But this sudden believe that there's "magnetic striking" and that is the source of all the problems in the game is getting a little carried away.

Does anyone remember the constant complaints that you couldn't hit someone in a health event in UFC 2? That you couldn't land a punch while they were throwing a kick? That back lunge was OP?

we have provided so many examples of magnetic striking though. You've even admitted to the way the game will literally move you to be in range of a strike that the game already determined would land, even though it shouldn't

so what the hell are you on about?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2018, 12:17 PM   #52
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticGabriel
The issue with UFC 2 was the inability to strike while moving, you rock someone not against the cage, they walk backwards, you have to either dash in, hope you’re close enough to land strikes, or that they don’t run. The one thing I do prefer from 2 over 3, is the ability to get in and out of the pocket with dashes and how easy circling off the cage was with an advanced lunge(you could block as well)

In 2 I constantly stood just outside of range, they’d throw their combo, miss and Id dash in, counter and dash out. It was difficult to get backed up into a cage as well, feet hit the black line, advance lunge out, hope they don’t throw a round strike, and if they do, hope you blocked the right section. I don’t remember people literally being in kissing range 90% of the fight like you see in 3...

Outside fighting is very difficult to do, especially vs someone that wants to be in your face. Retreating jab can help, and push kicks, even a back lunge but they quickly are right back in the booth. I also find the responsiveness of the back lunge isn’t always there... I know they are about to throw a hook/uppercut, I lean back and get hit when I feel like I should of avoided that
This. (10 characters)
Old 05-26-2018, 08:09 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by empenaparatara
we have provided so many examples of magnetic striking though. You've even admitted to the way the game will literally move you to be in range of a strike that the game already determined would land, even though it shouldn't

so what the hell are you on about?
also magnetic sliding on clinch attempts because they queued it up before you left range, people are sliding all over the place

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »