Home

Why do you even bother making some fighters

This is a discussion on Why do you even bother making some fighters within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2018, 10:53 AM   #65
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Why do you even bother making some fighters

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyth223
Obviously. No one is saying we should be able to pick BJ Penn and murk Conor Mcgregor and outwrestle Khabib. Just to add a bit more variety to the game. Maybe I'm the only one who's sick of fighting Jon Jones 25 times in a row.

It's not just this game, I've been doing this since Undisputed 1 in 2009 so that's 9 years of fighting the same the GSP/Jon Jones almost every fight. (it was GSP back then instead of Conor)

There's just a lot of lower ranked fighters I'm a fan of and watch in UFC fights but theres zero incentive to use them because they have the same gas tanks in the game as my grandma.

I mean theres an equal stats mode, classic fights, universe mode, to at least get some use out of the 240 fighters that no one ever picks.
Hmm...it depends on who you are talking about. Lets take Flyweight. The only person with a HUGE advantage in stamina is DJ. DJ has a 96 striking stamina. So if you take Wilson Reis (88) against DJ you will be at a pretty significant disadvantage.

Now when it comes to the rest of the division, that advantage decreases alot. After JC, the highest SS is Benevidez at 92. There are 10 Flyweights either equal or within 3 points of Benevidez. So compared to most of the division, many of the fighters have similar gas tanks.

Dont get me wrong. There are some **** ups. I was pissed at myself when I realized Guida's stamina stats were so low. There are also a few chin and stamina stats that we have to fix eventually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2018, 10:55 AM   #66
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
What about an optional legacy stats if you click L3? So that way we can have a current Anderson Silva and a legacy Anderson Silva? A lot of fighting games do this. You could even have a different model such as having Anderson's yellow/black trunks. If the former is too difficult, it would still be a big help. In parentheses next to the name can be (legacy) to differentiate.
I'm not against it. I'm just not sure there is enough time for UFC 3. We are in the fourth month of patches and they typically stop around month 6 or 7. So its probably more of a UFC 4 thing if anything.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:07 AM   #67
Pro

LarsP's Arena

OVR: 0

It makes sense that you cannot beat Cormier when using Saki, right?

There is this really simple solution that FIFA uses for years. When you pick a 3-star team on FIFA, you will only get matched up with teams within a .5 star range.

This couldn't be too hard to apply to this game, I'm just afraid the playerbase is too small.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:39 PM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Hmm...it depends on who you are talking about. Lets take Flyweight. The only person with a HUGE advantage in stamina is DJ. DJ has a 96 striking stamina. So if you take Wilson Reis (88) against DJ you will be at a pretty significant disadvantage.

Now when it comes to the rest of the division, that advantage decreases alot. After JC, the highest SS is Benevidez at 92. There are 10 Flyweights either equal or within 3 points of Benevidez. So compared to most of the division, many of the fighters have similar gas tanks.

Dont get me wrong. There are some **** ups. I was pissed at myself when I realized Guida's stamina stats were so low. There are also a few chin and stamina stats that we have to fix eventually.

Ok, theres zero problems. All 250 fighters are super playable in the game. I must be wrong.

In all seriousness, I know you love the game but a lot can be improved. Just pretending theres nothing wrong is the reason we still don't have a great career mode after 5 years. It still doesn't hold a candle to Fight Night's or EA MMA, holding several belts in Fight Night, or being a champion in several organisations until you got to Strikeforce.

Maybe you had an incredible career experience and I'm wrong. All I know is I did not.

Ps. You picked literally the worst divison to use as an example. Flyweights generally have good cardio due to their size. If I'm wrong and everyone is playable then why did somebody make this thread?
Old 06-13-2018, 01:01 PM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Ok, theres zero problems. All 250 fighters are super playable in the game. I must be wrong.

In all seriousness, I know you love the game but a lot can be improved. Just pretending theres nothing wrong is the reason we still don't have a great career mode after 5 years. It still doesn't hold a candle to Fight Night's or EA MMA, holding several belts in Fight Night, or being a champion in several organisations until you got to Strikeforce.

Maybe you had an incredible career experience and I'm wrong. All I know is I did not.

Ps. You picked literally the worst divison to use as an example. Flyweights generally have good cardio due to their size. If I'm wrong and everyone is playable then why did somebody make this thread?
Flyweight is one of the worst examples, I tried picking Cejudo against DJ, it was a nightmare. His stats are way and above everyone else that you might as well just pick him. For any character you pick that is not DJ, DJ could do what they do better.

I think the most balanced divisions are LW and WW, but there are still characters that have no reason being in the game. Alex Olivera is an example, the guy is insanely slow, almost no stamina, and his clinch stats and ground stats are surprisingly very bad. I don't think whoever rated Olivera did him justice
Old 06-13-2018, 01:18 PM   #70
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
Flyweight is one of the worst examples, I tried picking Cejudo against DJ, it was a nightmare. His stats are way and above everyone else that you might as well just pick him. For any character you pick that is not DJ, DJ could do what they do better.

I think the most balanced divisions are LW and WW, but there are still characters that have no reason being in the game. Alex Olivera is an example, the guy is insanely slow, almost no stamina, and his clinch stats and ground stats are surprisingly very bad. I don't think whoever rated Olivera did him justice
He beat Tim Mean, Will Brooks, and Condit but since he lost to Yancy he must suck. I feel like that is their logic. He does have hook perks though.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:25 PM   #71
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:

You know what sucks about this forum?

This guy made a post and I identified one thing that I slightly disagreed with. I conceded that there are some top level fighter that have a big stamina gap. I just said that if you look at the entire division, the gap isnt that significant.

I didnt say he was wrong.
I didnt comment on his other statements.
I didnt talk about the career mode.
I didnt compare it to other games.
I didnt say there were zero problems (in fact I admitted that we screwed up some stats and took the blame for it).

I addressed one thing. That was stamina.

Now look at his response.

This is the sort of thing that makes me not want to interact with this forum at all. There isnt a dev or another GC that talks to you guys about stuff like ratings. In fact, I'm constantly editing myself so that I dont violate the NDA and get in trouble while still giving you guys enough insight. ****, like this makes me question whether its worth it. I could be like the other 6 GCs and pop by once a month if that.

To your other point, if you wont accept Flyweight, I'll go with HW. The highest striking stamina is Stipe/JDS with 93. The lowest is Timothy Johnson with 85. There are 18 HWs. 13 have stamina between 93-89.

So the gap between highest and lowest is the same as Flyweight and the majority of fighters in HW are clustered around each other. I can do another division if you want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2018, 01:36 PM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowingForVengeance
1. I'm a bigger Cormier fan than a Saki fan, so get the **** outta here with your weird 'wet dream' bull****.

2. I don't even look at the leaderboard. I only play ranked because everyone in quick fight plays like goofballs.

I'm just talking about the game from my own perspective. No need to make it personal and act like I'm trying to 'ruin' it for anybody else.
1. So pick Cormier.

2. Don't care.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »