Home

This community is full of toxic players

This is a discussion on This community is full of toxic players within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2018, 01:11 PM   #17
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: This community is full of toxic players

Most of the messages I get are positive, surprisingly. But I guess division 4 players don't take the game as seriously as those ranked high enough to get matched up with top 20.

Perks of being a scrub?
Old 08-14-2018, 01:19 PM   #18
Rookie

This sport itself because of the nature of it will attract the most meat headed folks you will ever encounter
Old 08-14-2018, 01:20 PM   #19
Rookie

The worst is when someone says you’re trash but their grammar a little bit off lmao
Old 08-14-2018, 01:32 PM   #20
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

Last week I had a dude touch gloves at the start of round 1. I win the round decisively. We go into round 2 and he sticks his arm out to touch again. I oblige and get wheel kicked into TKO and lose.

From that point on, I stop touching gloves with anyone unless I recognize them by name.

Pretty sure Martial does the same.

Most of the community is indeed pretty awful IMO. Between fake glove touches, intentionally lagging the match to make subs inescapable / head kicks unblockable, DDOS'ing, "You suck" messages from guys who were losing 3-4 rounds in a row and got a lucky rock and refuse a rematch (because they are cowards), guys who try to hug you in double unders and knee your body the entire round and then taunt later, guys who backpedal the whole fight throwing jab-uppercut-hook hoping you'll run into it, dial-a-combo block break goons trying to smash your block into a wheel kick, Wanderlei / Costa goons who throw 140+ strikes a round... yeah it gets tiring.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:47 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRommel
Last week I had a dude touch gloves at the start of round 1. I win the round decisively. We go into round 2 and he sticks his arm out to touch again. I oblige and get wheel kicked into TKO and lose.

From that point on, I stop touching gloves with anyone unless I recognize them by name.

Pretty sure Martial does the same.

Most of the community is indeed pretty awful IMO. Between fake glove touches, intentionally lagging the match to make subs inescapable / head kicks unblockable, DDOS'ing, "You suck" messages from guys who were losing 3-4 rounds in a row and got a lucky rock and refuse a rematch (because they are cowards), guys who try to hug you in double unders and knee your body the entire round and then taunt later, guys who backpedal the whole fight throwing jab-uppercut-hook hoping you'll run into it, dial-a-combo block break goons trying to smash your block into a wheel kick, Wanderlei / Costa goons who throw 140+ strikes a round... yeah it gets tiring.
Unless Ive played the person before or recognize them (like Romero, papadoc, etc) i always block slightly before the glove touch, by 2nd and 3rd rounds i rarely touch unless in have a lot of respect for how they play and its a good fight.

Some guys overdo it a bit with the bow + glove touch every round but id rather that then taunts. The only time taunts are ok is if they are simming, I think Romero taunted me as bisping while i was weidman cause thats what bisping does
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 01:50 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
Unless Ive played the person before or recognize them (like Romero, papadoc, etc) i always block slightly before the glove touch, by 2nd and 3rd rounds i rarely touch unless in have a lot of respect for how they play and its a good fight.

Some guys overdo it a bit with the bow + glove touch every round but id rather that then taunts. The only time taunts are ok is if they are simming, I think Romero taunted me as bisping while i was weidman cause thats what bisping does
I like to bow and glove touch on the first round if I have respect for that opponent but I agree bowing every round is a little much
Old 08-14-2018, 02:48 PM   #23
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt

Yes, I did lol. No harm done, I've been trying to play the characters to how they fight, Bisping is a d**k. I'm going back to Rockhold now at Middleweight.

With regards to what Zombie Rommel said about the being stuck in Double Unders and getting kneed to the body, god that is one of the most annoying ones, because you're basically helpless there. Only high level wrestlers have the throw high from there, but at this point in MMA, Fighters would have a grasp on a Lateral Drop, Inside Trip, Outside Trip, hell, etc. It's not a helpless position like the game makes it seems like, put me in Double Unders in real life and I'd gladly inside trip you. Things like that are why people hate the clinch.

Definitely want more options in certain positions, and obviously more freeflowing movement in the clinch.

And with fake glove touching, I am ALWAYS ready to sway if I don't know the dude. It's satisfying hitting a minor back sway and throwing a lead head kick as the counter for the KO.

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 08-14-2018 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:24 PM   #24
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRommel
Man...

I had a GREAT fight with this guy for 3 rounds the other day. It was just a nice chess match all around but I'm pretty sure I won every round up to that point. At the beginning of the 4th, he stuck his glove out, which I foolishly took as a sign of respect. I obliged and caught a wheel kick for my trouble too. I survived for a bit, but the damage was done. Couldn't recover and got finished.

I never initiate the glove touch at the beginning of the fight, but I'll generally return it. If I don't respect my opponent's game after that initial round, I just keep moving until they put their glove away for the rest of the fight. I hadn't got hit with some sucker **** like that in a long time. Smh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »