Home

This community is full of toxic players

This is a discussion on This community is full of toxic players within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2018, 04:35 PM   #25
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: This community is full of toxic players

Having that Romero back sway always ready to go is excellent advice. I'll remember that lol.

This thread instantly brought me back to the first time I recall seeing this in real life. I forget who he was fighting, but I vividly remember Manny Gamburyan sticking the glove out for like a split second and then immediately attacking. It was some garbage, for real. Who knows, he might be on UFC 3 online now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 04:50 PM   #26
Banned

Haz_____'s Arena

OVR: 0

I strongly disagree that the community is full of toxicity.

Yeah, there are a lot of players who play in cheezy ways, but that's a result of the game's mechanics, not a toxic person. People just want to win, and are using the mechanics given to them to do so.

Now personally, i'm the type of player that lives and dies by playing sim. I'd rather lose 10 matches in a row, than stoop to the level of spamming any of the corny exploits. You'll literally never see me spamming 140+ strikes around or any of that corny stuff, but in a way, I do understand why people play like that. And I can't really be mad at people for playing the game they've been given.

That being said, i've had almost nothing but positivity in messages from people after fights. I think all you people with your messages turned off are missing out. I've made so many online friends via messages in this game.

I think a lot of it comes from the fact i'm a pure bred SIM player, so I get a ton of msgs with people saying "Good Fight" and stuff like that. If you play like an *******, well, then yeah, I can imagine you getting some hate mail. If you play with honor, then it's almost all positive. I think a lot of it comes down to play style. If you're getting a ton of hate mail, there's probably a reason, and it's not your opponent being toxic.

In fact I have proof of the overwhelming positivity i've seen playing this game:

I mean... Come on. That's just a crazy amount of positive msgs I've gotten. So I don't know what to say. If you're getting non stop hate mail; from my perspective, from my experience, that's gotta be on you.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:55 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz_____

Yeah, there are a lot of players who play in cheezy ways, but that's a result of the game's mechanics, not a toxic person. People just want to win, and are using the mechanics given to them to do so.

Now personally, i'm the type of player that lives and dies by playing sim. I'd rather lose 10 matches in a row, than stoop to the level of spamming any of the corny exploits. You'll literally never see me spamming 140+ strikes around or any of that corny stuff, but in a way, I do understand why people play like that. And I can't really be mad at people for playing the game they've been given.

That being said, i've had almost nothing but positivity in messages from people after fights. I think all you people with your messages turned off are missing out. I've made so many online friends via messages in this game.

I think a lot of it comes from the fact i'm a pure bred SIM player, so I get a ton of msgs with people saying "Good Fight" and stuff like that. If you play like an *******, well, then yeah, I can imagine you getting some hate mail. If you play with honor, then it's almost all positive. I think a lot of it comes down to play style. If you're getting a ton of hate mail, there's probably a reason, and it's not your opponent being toxic.

In fact I have proof of the overwhelming positivity i've seen playing this game:

I mean... Come on. That's just a crazy amount of positive msgs I've gotten. So I don't know what to say. If you're getting non stop hate mail; from my perspective, from my experience, that's gotta be on you.
Wow man great response, you really delivered on the proof there. So many examples and I honestly get a lot of nice responses when I play on my alternate account ( the one I play just for fun ). I get the hate mail when I'm tryharding on my main and grappling everyone. I would say that there are more snobby folks in division 5 and up because they just take the game more seriously. I'm not saying that taking the game more seriously is a good thing, just two different mindsets of competition imo
Old 08-14-2018, 05:12 PM   #28
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc60
Wow man great response, you really delivered on the proof there. So many examples and I honestly get a lot of nice responses when I play on my alternate account ( the one I play just for fun ). I get the hate mail when I'm tryharding on my main and grappling everyone. I would say that there are more snobby folks in division 5 and up because they just take the game more seriously. I'm not saying that taking the game more seriously is a good thing, just two different mindsets of competition imo
The real toxicity is the egos people have over a video game instead of trying to help each other.

I fought with aaron_21 who's #1 in the Leaderboards right now, he had beaten me twice prior in close fights in Season 2. We got into a party, fought twice, he won the first in another close fight by TKO Round 3, and I won the next fight by UD 49-46, 48-47, 48-47.

After we fought, we exchanged tips, worked on things we were both lacking in, and got better from it.

Some people are scared to show what they do, or how they do certain things, but that's ON YOU to not be predictable and mix things up when you need to. I would love to have Savir826 or Flacco show me some clinch grappling things, and I'd show them little fancy KO tricks I know, I'm all for getting better in the best way possible and the first step to having a growth mindset in anything is to put your ego to the side.

Some people are desperate for wins and will do anything for that, that's reflective of them and their character. UFC 3 has a good community on the forums despite a few bad apples here and there, and we can definitely get this game to grow into tournaments and get exposure if we WORK TOGETHER.

The ESFL is a good start, and I would hope EA would start to do some tournaments themselves to help grow the playerbase once the final patches are done. I am so glad with how the game has grown in comparison to the chaotic mess that was Season 1, and very happy the Developers/Game Changers listened to us the players and have been constantly working on having this game be up to date. Bravo.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:27 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz_____

It's not fair to compare your experience to other people and just claim that it's likely their fault without taking into account the different factors or how they actually play. I am a martial artist of 15 years, I analyze fights frequently and I try to sim as much as I realistically can within the game limits. I have a lot of losses that come from trying to pick B rated fighters against people in the top 100 and using those fighters like they fight, and a lot of losses where I simply fairly get beat by better players.

Here's a video of me losing playing as Chad Mendes against Romero's Jose Aldo. I tried feinting overhands, ducking and landing uppercuts (post patch) and double legs, all things Chad does. I don't see anything about that style that warrants anything negative. (of course im not including romero as one of those people)

And here is me playing as Stephen Thompson focusing on counters and movement.

The reality is that once you get to the higher ranks you are facing very competitive people who simply don't like to lose. Or if they beat you they have to say something. because the match was likely competitive and again, they don't like losing. Some realize it's just a game.

There are a couple of competitive people I play regularly with and have no issues with,, but you'd be surprised how many hate messages you get. For example, I beat Luvalilboy by denying his grappling attempts and outstriking him with Chuck Liddel vs his D.C., he proceeded to send me messages like "you should kill yourself ******, no life". Yesterday I used Chad Mendes the same way I used him against Romero, and got blasted by a Conor user telling me how much I sucked because I was trying to wrestle using a wrestler, even though Chad is very hard to use. I ended up matching with him again with Whitaker and beat him pretty easy.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:39 PM   #30
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
It's not fair to compare your experience to other people and just claim that it's likely their fault without taking into account the different factors or how they actually play. I am a martial artist of 15 years, I analyze fights frequently and I try to sim as much as I realistically can within the game limits. I have a lot of losses that come from trying to pick B rated fighters against people in the top 100 and using those fighters like they fight, and a lot of losses where I simply fairly get beat by better players.

Here's a video of me losing playing as Chad Mendes against Romero's Jose Aldo. I tried feinting overhands, ducking and landing uppercuts (post patch) and double legs, all things Chad does. I don't see anything about that style that warrants anything negative. (of course im not including romero as one of those people)

And here is me playing as Stephen Thompson focusing on counters and movement.

The reality is that once you get to the higher ranks you are facing very competitive people who simply don't like to lose. Or if they beat you they have to say something. because the match was likely competitive and again, they don't like losing. Some realize it's just a game.

There are a couple of competitive people I play regularly with and have no issues with,, but you'd be surprised how many hate messages you get. For example, I beat Luvalilboy by denying his grappling attempts and outstriking him with Chuck Liddel vs his D.C., he proceeded to send me messages like "you should kill yourself ******, no life". Yesterday I used Chad Mendes the same way I used him against Romero, and got blasted by a Conor user telling me how much I sucked because I was trying to wrestle using a wrestler, even though Chad is very hard to use. I ended up matching with him again with Whitaker and beat him pretty easy.

I loved that fight man. You put a lot of grappling pressure on me, so excuse the expletives at the end there ��

The way you used Chad made me learn how to grapple lmao. I'm pushing for those buffs, he should be an A fighter.

But Blackbelt is right, some people generally get hurt over a game and will attack you whether you played as SIM as possible or if you played any other way. I love it when people play characters the way they're intended to be used, like this one Khabib who was RELENTLESS with his clinch attempts and kept me on my toes the whole fight, or an Anderson Silva using the minor steps/minor sways effectively, those kinds of fights I love, not the people who are in your face throwing specific combos to frame trap you and break your block.

LuvaLilBoy is ESPECIALLY one of the most toxic players I've come across, definitely something wrong with that dude.

I find it HILARIOUS when somebody uses Conor and gets annoyed when they get grappled, like I'm entitled to deal with Counter Puncher, Fluidity, and Heavy Hooks Level 4. No thank you buddy, this is an MMA game.

(Also how do you link videos like that?)

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 08-14-2018 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:42 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
I loved that fight man.

The way you used Chad made me learn how to grapple lmao. I'm pushing for those buffs, he should be an A fighter.

But Blackbelt is right, some people generally get hurt over a game and will attack you whether you played as SIM as possible or if you played any other way. I love it when people play characters the way they're intended to be used, like this one Khabib who was RELENTLESS with his clinch attempts and kept me on my toes the whole fight, or an Anderson Silva using the minor steps/minor sways effectively, those kinds of fights I love, not the people who are in your face throwing specific combos to frame trap you and break your block.

LuvaLilBoy is ESPECIALLY one of the most toxic players I've come across, definitely something wrong with that dude.

I find it HILARIOUS when somebody uses Conor and gets annoyed when they get grappled, like I'm entitled to deal with Counter Puncher, Fluidity, and Heavy Hooks Level 4. No thank you buddy, this is an MMA game.

(Also how do you link videos like that?)

for the videos you have to not be on chrome, go on youtube and click share, then look for "embed" copy and paste that into your message.

btw I would like to practice with you sometime and work on finishing fights better, I struggle a lot in that. Also, trying to cut down on my jabs a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 05:52 PM   #32
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
for the videos you have to not be on chrome, go on youtube and click share, then look for "embed" copy and paste that into your message.

btw I would like to practice with you sometime and work on finishing fights better, I struggle a lot in that. Also, trying to cut down on my jabs a bit.
Oh no problem, I'll be on after practice tonight, if you got a mic I'll send you a party invite with everybody else, we'll throw on the Share Play and I'll teach you some secrets.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »