Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo Roundtable

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo Roundtable within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo Roundtable

1. Best thing in the demo?

TD St. Matthew-Daniel -
The player models, hands down. PES 2011 probably has the best depiction of real-life athletes I've seen in a video game. The faces are well crafted and jerseys wrinkle and reshape naturally depending on the player's movement.

Christian McLeod - I completely agree with TD in that the player models in PES 2011 are simply outstanding. For as impressive as that "other soccer game" demo was, the player models always seemed a bit on the malnourished side. Just as TD said, based on the demo, PES 2011 looks to feature some of the most realistic player models to ever be included in a sports video game.

Read More - Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo Roundtable
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2010, 04:56 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Sooooooo, maybe I missed this completely, but is this demo available in the US on 360/PS3?
Old 09-21-2010, 05:21 PM   #3
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
I would agree that PES' presentation is second fiddle, but only on the console versions. The PC version with mods offers some of the best presentation around. As to the gameplay, even Fifa has some pretty advanced controls, if you care to be a virtual Messi or Ronaldo. Tricks are at the heart of the game of soccer, and both try to really give you that ability to capture the magic the best in the world have to offer. IMO, PES has a less steep learning curve for the casual, with single directional stick throws, as opposed to shaped ones. What PES seems to have recaptured is the spacing and feel of the beuatiful game, as opposed as to the hectic pace of Fifa. My only expectation where PES will play second fiddle yet again is online. That's EA's bread and butter. Overall, I say PES is more soccer, and that's from BrianFifaFan. PES is headed for the top of the table again, but Fifa will probably win again this year.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:28 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
i dont often do this but feel obliged to here because i think this game will get unfairly massacred by fifa 11 sales. i was a heavy pes dude up through pes 6 and then switched to fifa 09 because at the time it felt like the better game. having played this demo ive made a switch again. the gameplay and the way the subtleties of the game are represented are frankly mindblowing in pes 2011. took me a couple matches to warm to it and to appreciate what was going on. i agree with you dudes that the casual soccer fan/soccer video game player will be turned off by the complexities and difficulty of this game. i also agree that some of the animations are a little janky--think theyve had to fudge some animations to get the outcomes theyre looking for. but for those of you who want to play the soccer game that comes closest to mimicking what happens on a real pitch.....this is your jam.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:29 PM   #5
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
I didn't even know they demo was out. Did I miss something?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2010, 05:48 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
I just don't get how they're marketing this 'Manual controls' when it's been in FIFA for god knows how long as an option and was never even announced as a feature, yet PES seem to be treating it as their main new feature. Hmm.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:49 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
I am hardly a hardcore Soccer guy, but the controls don't "intimidate" me in the least. In fact the way that Konami has mapped feints to the right stick, they are a lot less "intimidating" than FIFA. The gameplay is so much more organic and less scripeted that FIFA as well.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:52 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4
PES this year feels like the real thing, i.e. it gives more of an authentic feel on the field. It is a great game -- last two seasons it has been all Fifa, but this year it has changed hands -- at least based off of the demos. Fifa feels the same as last season and relies too much on speed and strength.

Nevertheless, Fifa offers the best overall online experience with virtual pro, 11 v. 11, and 1 v. 1 modes. With that, I hope that this year PES will have a much better online experience with Master League online and better 5 v. 5 games.

I usually get both games for the reasons above, but I think this year PES will be getting most of my attention.

Btw, why is a casual soccer player reviewing the demo???

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »