Home

PES 2012 Gameplay Impressions & General Discussion

This is a discussion on PES 2012 Gameplay Impressions & General Discussion within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2011, 03:01 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Official PES 2012 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
So, it was more sim because it took a longer time to get shots on goals? That doesn't make sense. With that logic it would only be sim if you have accurate shots of goal with 45 minute halves.

I would much rather have shorter games with accurate shots on goal. My thumbs aren't fans of playing anything more than 15.
It does make sense because real soccer games are alot longer than that and they still create very few chances alot of times. So they crippled the defense in order for you to be able to play these short games and still be able to get a decent amount of chances, otherwise you would have alot of 0-0 games and ppl would cry and say it's too hard or boring.

What's so hard to understand about that ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2011, 03:03 PM   #82
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakan723
It does make sense because real soccer games are alot longer than that and they still create very few chances alot of times. So they crippled the defense in order for you to be able to play these short games and still be able to get a decent amount of chances, otherwise you would have alot of 0-0 games and ppl would cry and say it's too hard or boring.

What's so hard to understand about that ?
I would rather have shorter games and realistic stats, but that is just me. That is the thing that I enjoy about soccer games, shorter games than Basketball, Football, and Baseball.

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 09-26-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #83
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
I would rather have shorter games and realistic stats, but that is just me. That is the thing that I enjoy about soccer games, shorter games than Basketball, Football, and Baseball.
I hear ya, and that's your personal preference. I like to have to really work and get creative to create a chance myself. To me, that captures what the game is really about. S**t, even in WE9LE/PES5 it's alot easier to create chances than the real sport, but it's the best we've got, so...
Old 09-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #84
MVP

cookusu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeruvianPlaya954
Calling Gamestop after Gamestop and no luck. Damn, I wish there was a trick to this.
One more day, too bad there isn't a big midnight release tonight for another game then, we could pick it up then.

Lack of money makes me more patient this year.

Thanks, Rckabilly appreciate the insight.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:32 PM   #85
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Early PES 2012 Impressions/Discussion, aka "The rckabillyRaider Show"

Yesterday when I sat down and actually decided to completely edit the two teams I did, I actually enjoyed it. I think I can, manage two teams per day. I gonna try to keep connoll's file alive. Not making promises cuz I always get lazy when I get off work but I'm gonna try. I'm thinking I'll start with all the transfers and kits. Then check if players need stat adjustments and face adjustments or if any players need to be created. My specialty is MLS, but I am using some great resources for the other leagues. We'll see how it goes....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2011, 07:02 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 5

If you are able to load option files from PES 2011, would that mean the rosters are not up to date?

Also, I ordered on amazon with release day shipping, yet no word on whether it has shipped or not. Meanwhile, did same thing for FIFA and it'll be here tomorrow
Old 09-26-2011, 07:11 PM   #87
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo9
If you are able to load option files from PES 2011, would that mean the rosters are not up to date?

Also, I ordered on amazon with release day shipping, yet no word on whether it has shipped or not. Meanwhile, did same thing for FIFA and it'll be here tomorrow
Depends on how up to date the file is I suppose. Not sure if importing a 2011 file messes anything up though. I do know I have some fixing to do on the euro leagues. The created leagues stayed pretty much intact.

The main things that seem to have gotten messed up are some faces, hair styles, and you'll probably need to fix the ages and stats. Stats aren't too bad though
Old 09-26-2011, 07:23 PM   #88
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
Yesterday when I sat down and actually decided to completely edit the two teams I did, I actually enjoyed it. I think I can, manage two teams per day. I gonna try to keep connoll's file alive. Not making promises cuz I always get lazy when I get off work but I'm gonna try. I'm thinking I'll start with all the transfers and kits. Then check if players need stat adjustments and face adjustments or if any players need to be created. My specialty is MLS, but I am using some great resources for the other leagues. We'll see how it goes....
What about real names? And is this for PS3 or Xbox360? Either way, way to go man. That's awesome of you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »