Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Demo #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Demo #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 12:32 AM   #33
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Demo #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Coming from a non PES player, I found the controls to be a little cumbersome, not intuitive at all. Speed wise the game played great nice pace in the passing game. One issue that worried me was how easy it was to connect on goal with my shots. I was hitting on goal consistently from 30 or so yards out, even with volleys. Overall the game is OK, but it's not a FIFA killer by any means.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:50 AM   #34
Staff Writer

kelvinmak's Arena

OVR: 16
Has anybody gotten a straight red yet? I made a few borderline red tackles and got yellows, which piqued my interest. So I tried some even more blatant ones (the tackling-a-player-on-a-breakaway-from-behind variety), and still only yellows. I'm wondering if this is happening to anybody else.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:14 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Yup there is cup play, you can challenge for the Copa del Rey as well as the Europa and UEFA cups. But yeah I like the feel of the game, they did some slight tweaks from the first game and I also noticed the AI is a little harder.
Yes, but is that cup play in Football Life mode for my team? Also, can my Football Life be as a member of La Liga?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 01:42 AM   #36
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
Yes, but is that cup play in Football Life mode for my team? Also, can my Football Life be as a member of La Liga?

Thanks
I don't think I fully understand your question, but I'll try my best to answer it. What I mentioned earlier is considered cup play. Football Life is the theme for the following modes: Be A Legend (creating your own custom player), Master League (Which is Manager Mode), and Club Boss ( Which allows you to run your team behind the scenes/off the pitch). You can play as teams within La Liga or your Be A Legend player can also play within La Liga, most of the times you cannot initially start your career in La Liga. Hope that answers your question.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:19 AM   #37
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

just played one game so far using Chivas vs Boca. AMAZING. It really felt better than demo 1. The movements and off the ball runs are pretty realistic and much better than anything the other game has done up to this point. Didn't notice any keeper bonehead moves. On the contrary, they made some decisive moves to come out of the box and get to the ball on some killer through balls. Keepers throwing it with too much air is a non issue for me. I like the tweak they made to shooting as well.

The only negative that I noticed was that crossing was a little hit or miss. Sometimes the power gauge came out, sometimes it didn't. Gotta play a few more games but I'm definitely getting this on day one as well as FIFA.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:50 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Had to pause mid game to comment how good this demo is. Playing as Barca vs Madrid and players move just like their real life counterpart. Came back 1 nil with 2 goals from Messi. Besides the Player ID I've noticed the graphics are a bit better. And for my second goal it was on a break with Cesc and Messi. I was darting down the pitch with Cesc and I beat the back line. Casillas leaves the net to challenge Cesc who makes the easy pass to Messi for the goal. Seems like a normal goal but on the replay I see that Cesc actually looks up towards Messi before passing to him. What a nice little touch.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:01 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 5
Wow, the way the players play, and the overall pace of the game is spot on! I keep wanting to buy fifa, but the gameplay always felt off - it was too easy to get the ball from one end of the pitch to the other, and it lacked midfield action. This demo just plays right.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:32 AM   #40
Pro

OVR: 0

The game is amazing, much more realistic than FIFA especially in midfield. I'm finding it difficult to break though the defence but that's because I'm so used to FIFA just allowing you to spam the one two pass and then get a lobbed ball over the top. Plus I can't pull off any skill moves and am just getting to grips with the controls.

Despite that I'm still enjoying it a lot, it's a different feel to FIFA and while I'm not keen on the player models or faces you still get a much better feel of who you are playing with, they may look kind of strange and the animations feel a little stiff but the players feel unique, when you are Messi you feel like you are Messi, same for Ronaldo, Iniesta, Neymar etc. and that's something I like very much.

A big difference I noticed from the first demo is the player touches, this is something FIFA is going for this year and it's done very well in PES as well. It's much harder to get a great first touch without knocking the ball forward a yard or two which is great because it takes away from the 'ball on a string' feeling in FIFA 12(I can't talk about FIFA 13 obviously).

The A.I is very realistic, your teammates make intelligent runs and not just runs for the sake of it like FIFA 12. They'll make runs behind the defensive line to create space and other players will run into open spaces and good positions. Player the computer is also a lot of fun because the CPU doesn't make 'super dribbles' or just general unrealistic play like in FIFA. They attack realistically and there is no sense of helplessness at being unable to get the ball back while just watching them dribble side to side and back and forth like FIFA.

Overall the gameplay is great, the only problems I have are in the graphics and player faces but I can look past that because the gameplay is so good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »