Home

PES 2015 Available Now, Day One Patch Details - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on PES 2015 Available Now, Day One Patch Details - Post Your Impressions Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2014, 09:18 PM   #33
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: PES 2015 Available Now, Day One Patch Details - Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Yeah definitely will, just waiting to download these update they are really slow haha. It should be noted that I have never played the current gen versions so I really can't compare the two. I do know the demo ran well but had very muddy and blurred textures the game-play itself was still solid even though it is running at 30FPS compared to PS4/X1's 60 FPS.
The blurred textures was one of my main gripes on the ps3 demo. Probably just got spoiled with the clean ps4 graphics and detail. The ps3 demo game play seemed the same for the most part but probably a tad less smooth. Hope they enhanced the full game on ps3 as compared to the demo.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:30 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 3

Got a few more games in, bumped the difficulty up 1 to Professional, and the halves up to 12 minutes.

Good

-Team variety is definitely there. I've been playing exhibition matches in the various competitions they have and the games felt a lot different from one another.

-I was able to pull off a few feints with great ease, this is with the auto-feint setting on (in the "choose sides" menu). It appears they have many of the feints mapped to the same control. I was doing the simple right stick to the player's left or right, then left stick to the player's straight ahead, and I was seeing guys pull off different moves. I didn't explore this much until the end of the last game I played, but I like what I have seen so far.

-Dribbling in general is really well done, all the little touches, etc. I seem to remember this aspect being a touted feature, and the more I play the more it stands out. Best part about it is the CPU AI seems to know what it's doing when dribbling.

Bad

-Yes, I have to harp on it, no aggressive tackling by the CPU AI and not enough fouls. I even tried to "draw" fouls by dribbling whenever I could. Bottom line is until the AI actually steps in with poorly timed tackles and slide tackles, this game is going to suffer for it. I have hope for this though, because when you bring in your second defender aggressively you can commit fouls, so all the required components appear to be there they just need to make the AI ramp up their aggressiveness.

(on a related note, I did notice one of the player attributes in the player editing is "Destroyer" which gives guys more aggressive play, so maybe this is a potential workaround)

Ugly

-I scored on a lofted through ball between two defenders. It seemed a bit easy, and sure enough when I watched the replay one of the defenders actually stopped rather than making a play on the ball. I'm guessing this will go away when I raise the difficulty past Professional, but still it was ugly, and should never happen in a pro soccer match.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:51 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Yeah definitely will, just waiting to download these update they are really slow haha. It should be noted that I have never played the current gen versions so I really can't compare the two. I do know the demo ran well but had very muddy and blurred textures the game-play itself was still solid even though it is running at 30FPS compared to PS4/X1's 60 FPS.
Rocye let us know if importing logo/sponsor images is also gone from the PS3 version. I mean, really I care about the PC version but I'd have to assume that if it's still in the PS3 version it'd still be in the PC version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2014, 11:15 PM   #36

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Picked up the PS3 version today, looking forward to see how it plays.
Thus far the main gripe I've heard about the last-gen version is the lack of pre-match intros. Which, I could really care less. I play PES for the gameplay, not the presentation. The ancillary stuff gets redundant after 50-100 matches anyway...

My Xbox 360 is on its way in the mail from Amazon. Best Buy and Gamestop didn't have it stocked when I went out earlier today, disappointingly.

Last edited by dubcity; 11-11-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:57 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4
Location: Richmond, VA, but I am from Spain...you know, that country that McCain thinks is in SouthAmerica lol
I have to say that I am very impress with the licensed teams. If you like Latin American football, or follow the Italian league, or the best league in the world, La Liga, you shouldn't feel bad at all about licenses. It is probably the best PES in year in that sense. The only negative is the lack of more real stadiums. I really hope they add more.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:12 AM   #38
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipperfan811
Rocye let us know if importing logo/sponsor images is also gone from the PS3 version. I mean, really I care about the PC version but I'd have to assume that if it's still in the PS3 version it'd still be in the PC version.
Yeah you can still import logos/sponsors on the PS3 as well as drawing them as well.

Game feels pretty good on the PS3, keepers are great but more fouls do need to happen but there are present.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:19 AM   #39
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Yeah you can still import logos/sponsors on the PS3 as well as drawing them as well.

Game feels pretty good on the PS3, keepers are great but more fouls do need to happen but there are present.
Awesome! Thanks for the info. I'm going to put in my order tonight for the PC through Green Man Gaming so I'm ready for release on Thursday.
Old 11-12-2014, 02:20 AM   #40
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

OVR: 0
I was a bit disappointed with the lack of stadiums and edit options, but after playing the game for a while and really getting into it, you barely even notice what's missing. I'm glad they will be adding more stadiums and players later on and while the uniform/kit editor is limited, I'm doing my best to edit every generic uniform in the game. Also editing manager profiles and team and league info so back to work for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »