Home

PES 2016 Demo Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4

This is a discussion on PES 2016 Demo Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2015, 10:00 PM   #161
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PES 2016 Demo Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I hear what you're saying, and I appreciate your status in remaining objective to bettering the game of PES. I played the demo for a good 8+ hours yesterday at a friend's house (yes, somehow being 30 and I still have a friend, call it finding sanity amongst a wife and 2 kids i reckon), and that's where my basis is coming from.

The realism factor is not so much realism, but it plays a part in believable difficulty. It shouldn't feel like I'm playing a boss level by absorbing 10-15 passes for each possesion that end with a shot on goal, right? That's what it feels like with PES 16. So many videos, almost all of them are either a result of 10-12 connected passes, finishing with a shot on goal. There is that odd out random long ball over the top, but it doesn't make up for the attack method from the CPU.

It's just not how the game of soccer is played. Those of you that have played the game should know that as well. The ball is loose, it's alive, it's hard to control, it's damn hard to hit those perfect short passes that stay on the turf when you're under pressure (see the 5'8 forward making this post lol).

At the end of the day, I completely understand why we have what we have. This is a global game and global games have global interperatations. There is no fun level for those that want to play arcade - but get sim gameplay - and vice versa. This is why PES needs sliders for the sim crowd or an impactful enough alternative. Fluid formations is a fantastic start in the right direction, the effectiveness of game speed is a step in the right direction - but it's not quite there, it's damn close though, but it's missing the fundamentals of what truly makes this the beautiful game. Beauty is rare for a reason, which is why consistently absorbing 10-12 passes and then shot...is not beautiful at all.
Word. Hey don't worry I am an old guy too (age will remain unsaid). Yeah, I do find (maybe more often then you have) that about 30% of computer possessions end in an interception or pass given up, though the high pass percentage is a problem.

I have been trying to see if I can work around it but no luck so far. AI gets 85-90% most of the time (unless play Juventus because they try a lot of long balls). 85-90 is not bad for really good teams (games today Chelsea - 82% Man city - 83% CP - 80% Arsenal - 85%) So it is close! But yes that added little bit of passing to be less accurate would be huge. I do like to see the AI trying different things and I have had a couple games where they do change it up but still they pass really well. I have had a couple games where they switch it up and the bouts of possession are broken up by times where they are more direct or go down the wings.

Thanks for your input Matt! Now I am obsessed with Pass percentage because it seems like it is so close. 10% less is not that much and would break up those looooong period of possessions a little more often that would make the difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2015, 10:25 PM   #162
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmendenhall_9
Word. Hey don't worry I am an old guy too (age will remain unsaid). Yeah, I do find (maybe more often then you have) that about 30% of computer possessions end in an interception or pass given up, though the high pass percentage is a problem.

I have been trying to see if I can work around it but no luck so far. AI gets 85-90% most of the time (unless play Juventus because they try a lot of long balls). 85-90 is not bad for really good teams (games today Chelsea - 82% Man city - 83% CP - 80% Arsenal - 85%) So it is close! But yes that added little bit of passing to be less accurate would be huge. I do like to see the AI trying different things and I have had a couple games where they do change it up but still they pass really well. I have had a couple games where they switch it up and the bouts of possession are broken up by times where they are more direct or go down the wings.

Thanks for your input Matt! Now I am obsessed with Pass percentage because it seems like it is so close. 10% less is not that much and would break up those looooong period of possessions a little more often that would make the difference.
That's what I'm saying, it's so close to be perfect. I'm not a fan of PES or FIFA, I'm a fan of realistic soccer games - those just happen to be the ones in the market. I'm in no allegiance to like either one. Last 2 years it has been an absolute pain to not play PES because I knew the potential the fox engine could have brought. It looks like PES 16 is inching there, but needs to bring...what I always call...the "human" element...to the pitch. If they're not going to have it out of the box, then let me do it in another way - that's all I ask. The checklist only goes towards tactics and game speed...after that, what else? I know if someone creates the global editor for PC, I'll be all over it - but till then this will be a tough purchase for me.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:29 PM   #163
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
The realism factor is not so much realism, but it plays a part in believable difficulty. It shouldn't feel like I'm playing a boss level by absorbing 10-15 passes for each possesion that end with a shot on goal, right? That's what it feels like with PES 16. So many videos, almost all of them are either a result of 10-12 connected passes, finishing with a shot on goal. There is that odd out random long ball over the top, but it doesn't make up for the attack method from the CPU.

It's just not how the game of soccer is played. Those of you that have played the game should know that as well. The ball is loose, it's alive, it's hard to control, it's damn hard to hit those perfect short passes that stay on the turf when you're under pressure (see the 5'8 forward making this post lol).

At the end of the day, I completely understand why we have what we have. This is a global game and global games have global interperatations. There is no fun level for those that want to play arcade - but get sim gameplay - and vice versa. This is why PES needs sliders for the sim crowd or an impactful enough alternative. Fluid formations is a fantastic start in the right direction, the effectiveness of game speed is a step in the right direction - but it's not quite there, it's damn close though, but it's missing the fundamentals of what truly makes this the beautiful game. Beauty is rare for a reason, which is why consistently absorbing 10-12 passes and then shot...is not beautiful at all.
Isn't that the same in FIFA? With FIFA15 I can pass the ball accurately to all my other players on the field 10-20 times and more if I so choose. The same with CPU. Passes are accurate for both games unless you decide to do a through-pass.

I have had plenty of passes stolen when pressed in PES16. The CPU and I have lost the ball inside our own respective territory.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 08-16-2015, 10:45 PM   #164
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Isn't that the same in FIFA? With FIFA15 I can pass the ball accurately to all my other players on the field 10-20 times and more if I so choose. The same with CPU. Passes are accurate for both games unless you decide to do a through-pass.

I have had plenty of passes stolen when pressed in PES16. The CPU and I have lost the ball inside our own respective territory.
Yeah, but Matt and a bunch of other guys work hard on sliders to make it pretty much a completely different game. FIFA 15 out of the box is pretty much garbage. Those guys made it playable.

But i agree with your sentiment about PES. That has happened to me too. It is awesome. Just wish they weren't sooooo good at passing.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:04 PM   #165
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

I don't think PES will ever have sliders, is it really requested a lot by people? But I wish w!ld@ was still making his global editor for PC don't think he has done one in a while.

But as far trying to get PES and FIFA to play as close to real life I gave up on that a long time ago. There was a time where I gave up on both those games and just stuck with Football Manager because they couldn't give me what I needed especially from the tactical side of things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2015, 11:54 PM   #166
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm streaming some FIFA, yes, FIFA, but it's FIFA 14 PC with sliders and a gameplay mod. This is how I think that any game should be based on in terms of gameplay. It's what I would like for future PES/FIFA to look like as a base (note I'm not saying FIFA 14 is above everything else, I'm just saying it's a base of all the good things we are looking for in terms of football fundamentals).

Feel free to come on in. Soccer lover first, PES and FIFA after.

http://www.twitch.tv/matt10l

Last edited by Matt10; 08-17-2015 at 01:02 AM.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:12 AM   #167

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I'm streaming some FIFA, yes, FIFA, but it's FIFA 14 PC with sliders and a gameplay mod. This is how I think that any game should be based on in terms of gameplay. It's what I would like for future PES/FIFA to look like as a base (not I'm not saying FIFA 14 is above everything else, I'm just saying it's a base of all the good things we are looking for in terms of football fundamentals).

Feel free to come on in. Soccer lover first, PES and FIFA after.

http://www.twitch.tv/matt10l

I still play FIFA 14, even after I've stopped playing PES/FIFA 15. It's so good right out of the box.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:20 AM   #168
Rookie

If not already, you guys should really be playing FIFA on all manual. It really slows down the game more than PES does, because all manual on PES is much easier and more forgiving than on FIFA. I stopped playing online because I hate the ping pong style of play

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »