Home

PES 2017 impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2017 impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-18-2016, 03:31 PM   #297
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PES 2017 impressions

The always entertaining fener gala derby

First half - includes a banger

Second half - sweet goal off corner

Old 09-18-2016, 03:32 PM   #298
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
PES 2017 impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I'm having a blast playing today, but I haven't been able to achieve what I want, which is slower build-up possession play from the AI. Trying all sorts of things, and maybe just maybe getting closer?

It's funny, in FIFA it's hard to get teams to play direct, but in PES (at least this year) it's hard to get them to not do that.

I do think defense plays a huge role. If there's an option, the AI will take it. So it's all about good defense stopping the attack from happening so easily. Perhaps.

Might make a "tactics/strategy" thread to starting throwing out ideas in.

All I want is distinct differences in team tactics!

Please do, we need the equivalent of a sliders thread to start fine-tuning gameplay wherever we can.

I am struggling to see a satisfactory number of shots in my games.
Old 09-18-2016, 03:39 PM   #299
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Please do, we need the equivalent of a sliders thread to start fine-tuning gameplay wherever we can.

I'm going to post the tactics I've been messing with later today. I've been playing against Man City, trying to get them to play a certain way using fluid formations. It has been frustrating, but still a fun experiment.
Old 09-18-2016, 04:03 PM   #300
MVP

BL8001's Arena

At the 4:50 youtube minute in my 2nd half vid above...

That is a situation as I go save the ball from going out where I held LB while dribbling with LS.

This works. They don't easily nip it off my boot. I am able to realistically carry on and win a corner subsequently.

As I said before, this isn't fool proof, but more often than not using LB and dribbling lets me retain control longer than LS alone when being pressured
Old 09-18-2016, 04:17 PM   #301
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
I'm finding the problem from the last two years is all but gone. I'm playing a 25 min game and while some games have low shot totals, mostly, I'm quite satisfied with the results. I may switch to 30 min games next.

This brings up another point, normally raising game time in a game results in too many goals and generally too much of everything. I found in Fifa 16 raising game time kept cheap goals to a minimum, and I'm glad to say this year in pes is kind of similar.

This idea makes sense, because the programmers have to cram 45 min halves into 4, 6 or 8 minute halves, all of which I think are too short. I think this year's game, at least for me on full manual everything on Top Player, does a good job of averaging everything out.

Give it a try if you can tolerate longer halves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2016, 04:27 PM   #302
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Matt...can you try that with a different club, maybe one that has very different tactics/formational setup to see if they play differently?

I'd love more realism in this area but I'm not sure if I want to concede it at the cost of variety.
AC Milan v Ajax.

AC Milan - 4-3-1-2 - long ball, possession
Ajax - 4-3-3 - counter attack, middle passes

Old 09-18-2016, 04:30 PM   #303
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I'm having a blast playing today, but I haven't been able to achieve what I want, which is slower build-up possession play from the AI. Trying all sorts of things, and maybe just maybe getting closer?

It's funny, in FIFA it's hard to get teams to play direct, but in PES (at least this year) it's hard to get them to not do that.

I do think defense plays a huge role. If there's an option, the AI will take it. So it's all about good defense stopping the attack from happening so easily. Perhaps.

Might make a "tactics/strategy" thread to starting throwing out ideas in.

All I want is distinct differences in team tactics!
Been trying the same thing. All sorts of tactics. I think PES uses formations more than anything. My issue is I can't figure out what is going to control their Att/Def levels. That's the main problem.
Old 09-18-2016, 04:33 PM   #304
Rookie

Man, I cannot get the hang of all manual this year. Last year it was cake, i would average 80+% accuracy, this year 77%. It feels a little off compared to the demo. Of course I was m9stly playing as Atleti or Barca.

How are we feeling about game speed and difficulty? On 10 minute halves every game is a war of attrition. I think Ive only broken the double digits in shot attempts once in my practice ML with Villarreal. Its tough!

Krebs, PES universe guys are working on a tactics OF, perhapd we should try to put one together here?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »