Home

PES 2017 impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2017 impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-19-2016, 10:44 AM   #321
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: PES 2017 impressions

I've pretty much settled on my settings. The game can only be properly fixed with a modification to the A/D levels, and there is no evidence of anyone knowing what triggers these values - at least from a tangible team/player value.

My approach is "ignorance is bliss" because PES 17 is blissful on the ball, and I'll just get going on my ML/BAL from here. With FIFA coming up, I'm confident my time will be spent on researching it more in depth, so I'll leave PES to be my just play game. Note: if there is a editor that supports global editing for the PC, I'll go in and explore that area as well of course.

I will sink in the hours to implement the following to every team. Using Erfos' OF with Cristiano's Bundesliga.

1. 5 Second Change (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNVNMdiUDOM)

2. Support Settings
All settings "On" except for Offside Trap
3. Preset Tactics
√Attacking Instructions
▐ Positioning: Flexible
√Defensive Instructions
▐ Defensive Styles: Frontline Pressure
▐ Defensive Line: Max (full bar)
▐ Containment: Wide (lowest bar)
I've also done the following for personal preference in the Match Screen settings:

1. Turned off Radar
2. Turned off Power Gauge
3. Turned off Name Plate
4. Enabled COM Player Names
5. Enabled P1 Player Names

Difficulty: Top Player
Length: 25 Minute halfs
Passing: Type1
Teammates: Assisted
Slide Tackling: Assisted
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 12:57 PM   #322
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I've pretty much settled on my settings. The game can only be properly fixed with a modification to the A/D levels, and there is no evidence of anyone knowing what triggers these values - at least from a tangible team/player value.

My approach is "ignorance is bliss" because PES 17 is blissful on the ball, and I'll just get going on my ML/BAL from here. With FIFA coming up, I'm confident my time will be spent on researching it more in depth, so I'll leave PES to be my just play game. Note: if there is a editor that supports global editing for the PC, I'll go in and explore that area as well of course.

I will sink in the hours to implement the following to every team. Using Erfos' OF with Cristiano's Bundesliga.

1. 5 Second Change (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNVNMdiUDOM)

2. Support Settings
All settings "On" except for Offside Trap
3. Preset Tactics
√Attacking Instructions
▐ Positioning: Flexible
√Defensive Instructions
▐ Defensive Styles: Frontline Pressure
▐ Defensive Line: Max (full bar)
▐ Containment: Wide (lowest bar)
I've also done the following for personal preference in the Match Screen settings:

1. Turned off Radar
2. Turned off Power Gauge
3. Turned off Name Plate
4. Enabled COM Player Names
5. Enabled P1 Player Names

Difficulty: Top Player
Length: 25 Minute halfs
Passing: Type1
Teammates: Assisted
Slide Tackling: Assisted
You still need to put FW's at MF when out of possession. I don't know how you can play a game when your team or the opposing team has 3 guys standing at half while the other team is on attack. haha.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:07 PM   #323
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmendenhall_9
You still need to put FW's at MF when out of possession. I don't know how you can play a game when your team or the opposing team has 3 guys standing at half while the other team is on attack. haha.
Oh, right. Thanks for the reminder, Dmend! Great find btw!
Old 09-19-2016, 02:25 PM   #324
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

I've started playing on Pro instead of Superstar. I'm finding it a little more enjoyable. Seeing a little more back passing and lateral passing. A little more error in ways of fouls. Not a ton, but some. And I'm personally still finding it a challenge. Still losing and drawing games.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:33 PM   #325
Pro

mockme's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
I've started playing on Pro instead of Superstar. I'm finding it a little more enjoyable. Seeing a little more back passing and lateral passing. A little more error in ways of fouls. Not a ton, but some. And I'm personally still finding it a challenge. Still losing and drawing games.
I play on Professional as well. Never even tried higher than that since I recall that during the PS2 days someone said that the higher difficulties tend to make the AI too direct, too fast etc. Not sure if it applies these days but I'm really comfortable playing on Professional. Just had a game with Lyon against Caen where they just defended inside their own box, not allowing me to get any decent scoring chances aside from long range shots and a few headers. They ended up winning 1-0. Scored from a scramble for the ball inside my box after their set piece.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 04:44 PM   #326
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Can anyone confirm the graphical issues from the XB1 demo version are fixed in retail? Thanks.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:12 PM   #327
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockme
I play on Professional as well. Never even tried higher than that since I recall that during the PS2 days someone said that the higher difficulties tend to make the AI too direct, too fast etc. Not sure if it applies these days but I'm really comfortable playing on Professional. Just had a game with Lyon against Caen where they just defended inside their own box, not allowing me to get any decent scoring chances aside from long range shots and a few headers. They ended up winning 1-0. Scored from a scramble for the ball inside my box after their set piece.
Funny enough I never use to play on the higher difficulties back in the PS2 days as well. Superstar level only existed in JP version back then and there were only 5* and Top Player use to be the highest difficulty. You just made me want to go back to that difficulty been playing on Top Player mostly which feels fine, Superstar just feels unnatural to me.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:15 PM   #328
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

I've been playing Become a Legend on Pro difficulty and I'm so addicted it's ridiculous.

I haven't played a sports game for four straight hours in many years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »