Home

Advice Needed: Learning Curve

This is a discussion on Advice Needed: Learning Curve within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2016, 11:00 AM   #17
Rookie

jmel07's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Advice Needed: Learning Curve

Quote:
Originally Posted by papinho81
Was it a game against a rival team (check rivalries in the team editor)? Rival games can be particularly brutal at time.
It was against a rival, and I can notice the difference. One thing I started discussing with half-fast was that my team seems unable to win challenges in the midfield with the headers. Which could be due to the player height of my midfielders (going to check tonight), so perhaps I just need to adapt a little more.

Also, because it was a rivalry game and I saw how aggressive they were, I decided to switch to a counter-attack tactic, which worked well for hitting back at them. I carried this over into the next match as well and generated a lot of opportunities that way.

half-fast watched my broadcast there and he saw me almost come back down 3-0 to lose 4-3.

We were also able to pinpoint that I waste a lot of opportunities with recovering possession only to boot the ball straight sideways or backwards because I have an action queued up. I had heard talk about "Super Cancel" but didn't really understand what it was all about . . . well it's about that, and I need to look up that button(s) and get that into my bag of tricks.

It also helped that I added a striker (Vincent Janssen) from Tottenham which has given me more of a threat infront of the goal.

Lastly, my team spirit has climbed from the low 50s at the start of my ML to 71, which I think is helping as well.

Now if I could find a RB that didn't get burned all day on the wing, we'd be really moving forward.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:44 AM   #18
Rookie

jmel07's Arena

OVR: 0

Because I love to leave updates on threads I begin . . .

As I assumed, there is indeed a learning curve. I'm now perhaps 15 games into my ML and the games are much more competitive.

After gaining only 1pt in my first 9 games, I was able to bring in 10 points in my last 5, which is exciting.

I have noticed that two things have helped. The first is Super Cancel. Yeah, you really can't play without it. The second has been allowing the team to gel and team spirit to increase. Those two things seem to have greatly helped my ability to be more competitive.

So if there is anyone else that's early in their PES career, I can echo things I've read which are play with the same team for a while so you can get a feel for your players. I've now got my 11 settled and the two players I most frequently will sub for or use as subs, plus a couple younger players I like to throw in for development time.

Thanks again for the input I've received. I'm looking forward to adding a few more thoughts to both the Impressions thread and the Things to Improve thread as I get deeper into my ML.
Old 11-24-2016, 01:37 AM   #19
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmel07
Because I love to leave updates on threads I begin . . .

As I assumed, there is indeed a learning curve. I'm now perhaps 15 games into my ML and the games are much more competitive.

After gaining only 1pt in my first 9 games, I was able to bring in 10 points in my last 5, which is exciting.

I have noticed that two things have helped. The first is Super Cancel. Yeah, you really can't play without it. The second has been allowing the team to gel and team spirit to increase. Those two things seem to have greatly helped my ability to be more competitive.

So if there is anyone else that's early in their PES career, I can echo things I've read which are play with the same team for a while so you can get a feel for your players. I've now got my 11 settled and the two players I most frequently will sub for or use as subs, plus a couple younger players I like to throw in for development time.

Thanks again for the input I've received. I'm looking forward to adding a few more thoughts to both the Impressions thread and the Things to Improve thread as I get deeper into my ML.
Glad to hear it's going well, and there have been some very entertaining games on your stream.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »