Home

PES 2022 Beta - New Football Game Initial Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2022 Beta - New Football Game Initial Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2021, 12:29 PM   #17
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PES 2022 Beta - New Football Game Initial Impressions

Why are we calling this a beta? This 100% a stress test using an old PES build or potentially mobile port since the mobile version has been on Unreal Engine for a few years. This test is not meant for anything gameplay, graphics, etc. related. The test is stressing the network infrastructure and nothing more.
Old 07-02-2021, 02:11 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
Why are we calling this a beta? This 100% a stress test using an old PES build or potentially mobile port since the mobile version has been on Unreal Engine for a few years. This test is not meant for anything gameplay, graphics, etc. related. The test is stressing the network infrastructure and nothing more.
This way it gives the malcontents a chance to overreact about the graphics, gameplay, ectetera!
Old 07-02-2021, 02:28 PM   #19
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod

I agree with you COD but tbh I don’t think most people (unless they work in IT - software developers/ app creators/ etc…) know what a stress test is. I went with “beta” because that’s what they called the 2018 one

Old habits die hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2021, 03:23 PM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
You're 100% right, but to be honest they should have specified exactly what this is, because the game really is terrible. Instead, they made it sound like this was a taste of things to come. I believe the message you get when loading the game specifically mentions, "...we hope this whets your appetite." Or, something along those lines, giving people a false impression. Maybe there's a disconnect between the devs and marketing/pr.
Old 07-02-2021, 03:58 PM   #21
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I agree with you COD but tbh I don’t think most people (unless they work in IT - software developers/ app creators/ etc…) know what a stress test is. I went with “beta” because that’s what they called the 2018 one

Old habits die hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm a software engineer by day, so maybe that's why I'm annoyed by it lol .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2021, 07:21 PM   #22
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

It's clear people think beta = demo. They probably could have called it an alpha but that would probably would have gotten the same people complaining and even more confused.

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 07-02-2021 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-03-2021, 11:16 PM   #23
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

Where did Konami actually call this a beta, demo, etc.? All of their official press releases call it a test, which is what it is. See https://www.konami.com/wepes/obt/en/ps5/ for more information. See the purpose section in particular:
  • To check the quality of online matchmaking and connection, in order to make improvements before official launch.
  • To survey participants of the test, which will provide us invaluable information to further improve the game experience.
The word "test" appears here and many other places. It does mention "beta test", which is still correct and not a "beta release". Words mean things and people don't get that.
Old 07-04-2021, 04:10 PM   #24
Pro

Yes words mean things and you left out an important bit:

"That being said, we hope this small preview whets your appetite for the official release!"

Emphasis on "preview" and "whets your appetite", what does that mean... Clearly there's a secondary purpose outside of testing, or at minimum an expectation for us to be fueled by what we experienced.

They should have left that part out, unless this truly is a preview of what's to come.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »