Home

Comic Book Fans....

This is a discussion on Comic Book Fans.... within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2009, 09:00 AM   #433
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Comic Book Fans....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Any recommendations on Joker related books?
Joker graphic novels are great. Here are 2 I would highly recommend:

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Killing...=operasport-20

http://www.amazon.com/Joker-Brian-Az...=operasport-20
Old 07-26-2009, 01:10 PM   #434
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Both of those graphic novels are amazing.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:21 PM   #435
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Can't wait for 600. Only two more to go and those two should be great anyway since we're at the closure of the American Son which I can't wait to see the conclusion to.

Since One More Day the series has been the best it has been in a while. Even though at first I hated the decision, I've really enjoyed the route they have taken. I thought it was a good sacrifice since it cleared the whole mask fiasco.

As far as MJ, you're right, something is coming as we've been teased a couple times now.
OMD has had some good stories come out of it (though i still hate HOW its come around). 600 was as awesome as i thought it would be, especially with the interactions between Spidey and the (Real) Avengers and Wolverine. (Pop a Claw. In your ***) and i was right about MJ, and i hope to god it doesn't end up something stupid that Quesada has in his head (though next year's(!) storyline "TheGauntlet" is gonna be badass.)

One last thing though, i don't know where i stand in regards to Doc Ock's new look...one one hand it makes sense, but on the other its ugly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 02:46 PM   #436
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Has anyone read the new Batman graphic novel out? At least I think it's new...I saw it in Barnes and Nobles the other day.

Don't remember the title or anything, but it was the one where Batman dies and all of the villains are paying their "respects" to him by telling stories?
Old 07-26-2009, 02:51 PM   #437
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn
Has anyone read the new Batman graphic novel out? At least I think it's new...I saw it in Barnes and Nobles the other day.

Don't remember the title or anything, but it was the one where Batman dies and all of the villains are paying their "respects" to him by telling stories?
"Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader" It was a 2 part story in Batman and Detective Comics between Final Crisis and Battle for the Cowl that Neil Gaiman wrote. Good story, but odd. Typical Gaiman basically.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:42 AM   #438
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
OMD has had some good stories come out of it (though i still hate HOW its come around). 600 was as awesome as i thought it would be, especially with the interactions between Spidey and the (Real) Avengers and Wolverine. (Pop a Claw. In your ***) and i was right about MJ, and i hope to god it doesn't end up something stupid that Quesada has in his head (though next year's(!) storyline "TheGauntlet" is gonna be badass.)

One last thing though, i don't know where i stand in regards to Doc Ock's new look...one one hand it makes sense, but on the other its ugly.
I just got to 600 as my issue didn't arrive till today. Late... but it was worth the wait because as you mentioned, EPIC stuff all around.

I figured MJ would be back but I didn't think it would be at the end of 600. Can't wait till 601.

As far as Doc Ock's new look, I'm on the same boat as it is interesting but as you mentioned, looks kind of ugly. Really interested to see where they go with Doc from here on out.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:09 PM   #439
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

I haven't read the Planet Hulk Series but I heard it's bad-***. Coming Feb 2010 to DVD & BR

Old 07-30-2009, 09:29 PM   #440
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Thanks, man. Sometimes it just hits me, quite honestly. My editor called me and said, "Marc wants to look at your sketches, can you send me some files?" I was like

It's kinda wild. The crazy thing is going to conventions. I meet these guys that I really admire, and they look back at me like I'm one of them, but deep down inside I still feel like a fanboy in some ways, lol.

Thanks, yama! I gotta check and see if it's out. I loooooove my colorist.
You're incredibly talented. I've been dabbling with character artwork since I was little, but I'm so envious of you.

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »