Home

Anyone have ATT Uverse TV?

This is a discussion on Anyone have ATT Uverse TV? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #113
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Anyone have ATT Uverse TV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
How did you find out this info?

Since I'm a "Free Agent"(My 2 year commitment with Dish ended a few months ago), I'm searching if there is a better deal elsewhere.

And if I can find out if I have one of these things nearby then I can seriously consider Uverse.
A buddy of mine found a list online of where all the VRAD's are located for my town. I drove past the VRAD the other day.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #114
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Get Dish. I pay 80 bucks a month. (Top 250,HD, 4 receivers) with them. You can probably get decent DSL for about 30-35 bucks. If you need home phone service, I'm sure you can bundle the DSL and phone for a decent price.
I'm only looking for Cable and Internet.. I'd like to get Dish, but I hate the interference when the weather hits..

Are you from the CHI? Why are you trying to switch up from Dish to Uverse?
Old 04-29-2012, 11:03 PM   #115
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by shugknight
I'm only looking for Cable and Internet.. I'd like to get Dish, but I hate the interference when the weather hits..

Are you from the CHI? Why are you trying to switch up from Dish to Uverse?
Signal Outages with the weather isnt that bad. The longest it's been out is like 20 minutes, and they dont happen that often.

South Suburbs. Not really trying to switch to Uverse, but eventually I'm going to try a power move on Dish to get a better rate or another receiver, and just need to make sure uverse is a good option should things go sour.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2012, 12:06 AM   #116
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Signal Outages with the weather isnt that bad. The longest it's been out is like 20 minutes, and they dont happen that often.

South Suburbs. Not really trying to switch to Uverse, but eventually I'm going to try a power move on Dish to get a better rate or another receiver, and just need to make sure uverse is a good option should things go sour.
Mo, you live in Joliet? I'm out in Oak Forest. LOL!
Old 04-30-2012, 03:44 PM   #117
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

AT&T have some idiots working for them. The technician never showed up this morning between 9-11 a.m. I call up and they tell me that my order is stuck in the system and a tech can't pick it up to come and install the service. I just cancelled and called Comcast working out a decent deal, but not as good as what they were giving me with Uverse. Oh well, their CS has been one huge headache since last week.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #118
Greatness Has Arrived

Burns11's Arena

OVR: 16

Wow, ridiculous.

Only problem I had was AT&T wasn't going to give me the $300 rewards card they sold me with the service. They also flat out lied to me when I called.
I was told I would get $300 rewards card. I waited for a month and never heard anything about it, I goon the website and it says they can't find my account to call the rewards center. I call the rewards center and they say they can't find anything on my account about a rewards card and they can't add it to my account, customer service would have to do it. I get transferred and customer service tells me there's nothing on my account and it's the rewards center that would have to add the rewards card to my account (so one of the two is lying). I say the rewards center just told me customer service would have to add it I get put on hold. They come back and say that the rewards center told me that I wasn't eligible (not only a lie, but also calling me a liar in the process). After going back and forth saying the person I talked to when I ordered told me I was eligible, the website listed the exact same deal then and pretty much the same deal now (the reward amount was now $250), all she would respond is that I'm not eligible. I ask to speak to a manager and get put on hold. Manager picks up and we go back and forth. He keeps saying there's nothing on my account about any rewards and I'm not eligible so I start asking the question "So basically, what you are telling me, is that because someone put something into the computer wrong or told me the wrong thing, I am the one getting screwed? If the deal wasn't the same I would have hung up and just ordered online, but instead I'm just screwed out of my $300?" He brushed off that question multiple times and I just kept getting heated, so I ask to speak to his manager. He says OK, hold, then comes back and says the manager is busy and he could take my name and the manager would call withing 48 hours. 3 days later and no call, making me even angrier. I was ready to just say screw AT&T at this point and go with dish/directv and cable internet, but it would have cost me quite a bit more per month for the same service. I submit a complaint with the BBB and 3 days later I have my $300 as a credit on my account and I will keep Uverse as long as it stays cheaper.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #119
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns11
Wow, ridiculous.

Only problem I had was AT&T wasn't going to give me the $300 rewards card they sold me with the service. They also flat out lied to me when I called.
I was told I would get $300 rewards card. I waited for a month and never heard anything about it, I goon the website and it says they can't find my account to call the rewards center. I call the rewards center and they say they can't find anything on my account about a rewards card and they can't add it to my account, customer service would have to do it. I get transferred and customer service tells me there's nothing on my account and it's the rewards center that would have to add the rewards card to my account (so one of the two is lying). I say the rewards center just told me customer service would have to add it I get put on hold. They come back and say that the rewards center told me that I wasn't eligible (not only a lie, but also calling me a liar in the process). After going back and forth saying the person I talked to when I ordered told me I was eligible, the website listed the exact same deal then and pretty much the same deal now (the reward amount was now $250), all she would respond is that I'm not eligible. I ask to speak to a manager and get put on hold. Manager picks up and we go back and forth. He keeps saying there's nothing on my account about any rewards and I'm not eligible so I start asking the question "So basically, what you are telling me, is that because someone put something into the computer wrong or told me the wrong thing, I am the one getting screwed? If the deal wasn't the same I would have hung up and just ordered online, but instead I'm just screwed out of my $300?" He brushed off that question multiple times and I just kept getting heated, so I ask to speak to his manager. He says OK, hold, then comes back and says the manager is busy and he could take my name and the manager would call withing 48 hours. 3 days later and no call, making me even angrier. I was ready to just say screw AT&T at this point and go with dish/directv and cable internet, but it would have cost me quite a bit more per month for the same service. I submit a complaint with the BBB and 3 days later I have my $300 as a credit on my account and I will keep Uverse as long as it stays cheaper.
Damn Burns, that sounds ridiculous. Have to give you credit for sticking it out after all that. I was a bit disappointed since I used a day off from work and the price was too good to pass up......but not worth the headache in the end. Their customer service stinks imo.

Last edited by CaptainZombie; 05-01-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #120
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie
Mo, you live in Joliet? I'm out in Oak Forest. LOL!
lol, yes indeed

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »