Home

Anyone have ATT Uverse TV?

This is a discussion on Anyone have ATT Uverse TV? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-08-2010, 02:46 PM   #81
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Anyone have ATT Uverse TV?

I'm seriously considering switching over to Uverse from Cox Cable, now that it's available in my neighborhood. It looks like I'd be paying a few bucks less, yet I'd be getting more channels in return(especially when it comes to HD). The main selling point is actually the sports package. For an extra 10 bucks a month it looks like I can basically get access to most of the MLB games I currently pay Cox an extra 160 bucks a year for in Extra Innings. Especially bravo games through FSN South and Sports South. Now I just have to convince my girlfriend that it's a good idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #82
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by getinthevan87
I'm seriously considering switching over to Uverse from Cox Cable, now that it's available in my neighborhood. It looks like I'd be paying a few bucks less, yet I'd be getting more channels in return(especially when it comes to HD). The main selling point is actually the sports package. For an extra 10 bucks a month it looks like I can basically get access to most of the MLB games I currently pay Cox an extra 160 bucks a year for in Extra Innings. Especially bravo games through FSN South and Sports South. Now I just have to convince my girlfriend that it's a good idea.
nope, unless you are in the market for those teams/channels, the games are blacked out
Old 01-08-2010, 04:00 PM   #83
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Aww...
Old 03-15-2010, 05:37 AM   #84
Banned

OVR: 55

I love the service as a whole, but the fact that we still don't have NBA TV, MLB Network or an option to purchase the Extra Innings package completely sucks on so many levels.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:18 PM   #85
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Have had nothing but problems with it, particularly the signal to the "satellite DVRs". Early on technicians came to "fix" the problems SIX times. Then there was a 2 week period of virtually no glitches or freezes, and then suddenly the entire service is out for 8 days (was refunded $40). Once the service was restored the "satellite DVR" problems surface again.

Near the end of my patience rope.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2011, 05:49 AM   #86
Banned

OVR: 55

I had all of that same crap happen to me in the beginning too. Was told to disregard the first bill and they had credited my account for the entire first month. I didn't pay, as they instructed me to, and about two weeks later they turned off my service. I went to the AT&T store and paid cash to have it immediately have my service turned back on only to be charged an extra $90 reactivation fee. Seriously? $90 for some to literally press a button is absolutely absurd.

After the first month the service has been great though, although their billing department is always trying to sneak in hidden fees. After getting these several times I called them and threatened to cancel my account to sign up with DirecTV and they credited my account $300 and never charged me any hidden fees again.

Suffice it to say, the service has been awesome for the past year or so, but the first few months were hell.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #87
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

I'm resurrecting this old thread, but how is Uverse these days?

I had a salesman come to my house this evening and offered a sweet deal which would save me about $65 a month over Comcast. I'm having them install on Monday and the first 30 days is free of charge.

With the deal, I got 1 DVR and 2 receivers, the U200 HD package, 18mb internet, and unlimited phone for $137 total a month.

Does Uverse have any caps on downloads?
Old 04-24-2012, 11:31 PM   #88
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I've had U-Verse for the last year and love it after six years with Comcast. Guide is more aesthetically pleasing in is information-packed. The picture quality is great, no lag changing channels or issues with stations freezing, being pixelated, etc.

Good luck with them as an ISP though, I wouldn't go near DSL this day and age. I have no idea if they deliver with their bandwidth promises.

DirecTV is still the best but it's so expensive.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »