Home

What movies have you seen recently?

This is a discussion on What movies have you seen recently? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2014, 01:07 AM   #9145
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: What movies have you seen recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfRED33
Wife and I just re-watched The Dark Knight... such a bad *** film. Heath Ledger stole the show, no doubt about it!
My favorite movie of all time.

So I watched The Matrix under my friend's recommendation. I personally didn't really like it and thought it was pretty cheesy, but the fight scenes were cool. I'm not going to rate it, but I'll just say I wasn't a fan of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 06:35 AM   #9146
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Posted in that specific thread, but Guardians of The Galaxy was awesome. The perfect mix of action and comedy for me. It's the best Marvel movie I've watched and definitely my favorite movie I've seen in theaters this year, followed closely by The Amazing Spiderman 2.

I just accidentally purchased Captain America: The Winter Soldier on my Amazon Prime app on the PS4. Looks like I'll finally be watching that.

It's in the rotation on the ship, but I haven't watched all of it yet. I enjoyed the first so I'm sure it's good.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:04 AM   #9147
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase
I just accidentally purchased Captain America: The Winter Soldier on my Amazon Prime app on the PS4. Looks like I'll finally be watching that.

It's in the rotation on the ship, but I haven't watched all of it yet. I enjoyed the first so I'm sure it's good.
I hated the first (not with a passion, but I just thought it was an extremely ho-hum title). Modernizing the Cap since Avengers has been fantastic. The sequel is great, and I can't wait to get it next Tuesday. You'll love it! The action choreography is top-notch IMO.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 09-02-2014, 08:44 AM   #9148
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Watched Chef and XMen Days of Future Past yesterday.

Both were awesome. Chef was just an all around good movie (basic plot, yes, but good performances and solidly food-centered) and XMen was cool to see all of the different mutants and their powers included.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:45 PM   #9149
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

The Amazing Spider-Man 2. It was decent, seemed to drag out a bit (2.5 hours or so run time). I wasn't prepared to see so many different villains. I'm used to the main villain and it being built up to their final battle. But they're obviously setting up sequels. And I'm sure there's many bad guys to get through in the Spider-man universe.

The actor that plays Spider-man annoys me, though. Always has. Ended up working well for the trash talk mid-fight, but when he's not making fun of baddies I wasn't feeling him. That's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 09-04-2014, 02:30 AM   #9150
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I hated the first (not with a passion, but I just thought it was an extremely ho-hum title). Modernizing the Cap since Avengers has been fantastic. The sequel is great, and I can't wait to get it next Tuesday. You'll love it! The action choreography is top-notch IMO.

Speaking of Capt. 2 ....

Best Buy will have the 3D+2D combo steelbook for $25 ($15 if you also buy a tv show that $14.99 or more)

Target will have a 3D+2D combo with bonus disc for $20

Decisions, Decisions....
Old 09-06-2014, 08:51 AM   #9151
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Devil.. it was entertaining.

Zoolander with my roommate because someone else had never seen it.. movie is still hilarious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 11:01 AM   #9152
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase
Zoolander with my roommate because someone else had never seen it.. movie is still hilarious.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »