Home

What movies have you seen recently?

This is a discussion on What movies have you seen recently? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #4561
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: What movies have you seen recently?

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (American Version)- 9.0

I went to the local movie theater in the town over which is connected to the mall because it's in the same area as Ihop which i was planning on going to after the movie. The movie was at 7:20, me and buddies got there ten minutes after only to find out the movie was sold out half an ago. So we went to the theater two towns over and even that one was full. So it's good to see it getting word of mouth even three weeks after it's initial release.

For starters the movie was long, but I enjoyed every minute of it. The end sort of felt a bit useless after the big reveal and climax of the story, but i hear it's a set up for the sequel which is fine then. Definitely a very graphic movie. I want to say about 15 mins into the movie, two older ladies got up and left after the first scene of "getting one's money."

Word on the street was that there was a pretty graphic rape scene in the movie, and it was definitely uncomfortable to watch. The entire theater sort of just grasped and you can sort of see everyone slide into their seats and turn their heads away. Definitely graphic. The second big scene even though MORE graphic wasn't as bad as the first scene. For anyone who watches it, you'll understand what i mean.

Overall the movie was awesome. A good amount of action, and an amazingly convincing story. One of the better movies I've watched this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2012, 01:49 AM   #4562
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Sigh, where to begin?

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
Tangled
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
The Help
Warrior

I enjoyed all of these movies, but probably Warrior the most.

As far as the HP films, I rank them in this order:

8, 5, 2, 7, 3, 1, 6, 4
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 01-09-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:30 AM   #4563
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

Saw Immortals at the theater a few weeks ago...freaking awesome movie. Definitely gives 300 a run for its money.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #4564
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

I watched Taken last night. I must admit that I have seen this before but damn, this movie should just be called 'Liam Neeson Gettin' His'.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #4565

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Limitless.

Gave it 3/5.

It kept me interested in knowing what would happen next, but there was no real threat in the film.

Kind of felt like the guy was just living a high from beginning to end with just a few little hang ups here and there.

Would have been more interesting if
Spoiler
It was a bad movie for me. My wife and I started it and I fell asleep. Two nights later we finished it and the same happened. It just didn't pull me in at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2012, 11:46 PM   #4566
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

Seen Warrior, The Help and Moneyball in the last week. All very good films and recommend to watch.

I really liked Moneyball especially. We never really seen the business side through a gm's eyes and thought that was really interesting. We've seen it with college movies and recruiting but not so much with the pros. Would love to see a football or basketball done through a similar fashion.
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 01-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #4567
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

How To Train Your Dragon - I think I liked this more the second time than the first, which considering how much I liked it to begin with is saying something. I really, really love the Toothless flying scenes. They are magical and visually stunning. The background locations are photorealistic and really like the style and personality they give to the dragons. I also really enjoy the ending. It's not your typical kids' movie ending, but I think its message is stronger for it.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #4568
CC
MVP

CC's Arena

OVR: 23

Moneyball- Simply put, it was excellent. The best movie I have seen from 2011. Pitt was great, as was (somewhat surprisingly) Jonah Hill in his role. Great story, and it was adapted well. Bonus that it was a sports-movie. Highly recommended. The only 5/5 I have given this (last) year.

The Debt- About Rachel Singer. It has the guy from Avatar (can't think of his name) and Helen Mirren in it. It was pretty good and about what I expected. Nothing fantastic, but worth a watch. 3.5/5

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »