Home

Official Android Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Official Android Discussion Thread within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2009, 08:02 AM   #49
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Official DROID Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaaaazuuuuup
wow this thread hasn't moved in days. guest no one is really into this phone. a guy i work with pick one up. i got to try it for a ces and i really didn't do anything for me...
I'm loving the phone.

The GPS app worked flawlessly from Little Rock, AR to Baton Rouge, LA and back. Running the GPS app, facebook app, browser, IM client (Meebo) at the same time with no hit in performance. The call quality is amazing. Web browsing while in 3G is very fast.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #50
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
wow this thread hasn't moved in days. guest no one is really into this phone. a guy i work with pick one up. i got to try it for a ces and i really didn't do anything for me...
yep, a lull in conversation on a sports gaming website during thanksgiving weekend definitely signifies impending doom for this phone.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:38 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgejudy
yep, a lull in conversation on a sports gaming website during thanksgiving weekend definitely signifies impending doom for this phone.
from his post.. sounds like an iPhone user.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2009, 03:17 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by shugknight
from his post.. sounds like an iPhone user.
lmao you got me on that one. considering i came from the touch pro and the Droid is a prototype of the touch pro and thats why i jumped to the iPhone(great phone btw) so i've got mixed feeling. you see i went throught 4 touch pros (factory defects). but i'm fair, i'll give the phone another try...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Old 11-30-2009, 06:40 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
lmao you got me on that one. considering i came from the touch pro and the Droid is a prototype of the touch pro and thats why i jumped to the iPhone(great phone btw) so i've got mixed feeling. you see i went throught 4 touch pros (factory defects). but i'm fair, i'll give the phone another try...
Didn't mean any offense to it. Just from the sound of your post, it didn't really sound like you gave the phone a good try. Which is fine. I think both phones are good. Never had the iphone, but it is the reason why I wanted to get the Droid. To each it's own though.

I do hope that with both competing, that the true winner will be the consumer... Lower prices, better plans.. what ocul dbe better.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:25 PM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfan
I'm loving the phone.

The GPS app worked flawlessly from Little Rock, AR to Baton Rouge, LA and back. Running the GPS app, facebook app, browser, IM client (Meebo) at the same time with no hit in performance. The call quality is amazing. Web browsing while in 3G is very fast.
Yeah, I just used the Google Maps with TBT navi on the way to Chapel Hill/Raleigh this past weekend and it worked flawlessly. It actually saved out butts a couple times from going waaaay off our path.

I just picked up some blue tooth stereo headphones, nice little accessory for the phone.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 12-01-2009, 05:48 PM   #55
MVP

SpacemanSpiff's Arena

OVR: 17

Got it the other day. Love it, absolutely love it. I've had a iPod touch and had an iphone for a month too and I can honestly say the Droid is as good. There are definitely some weaknesses (Apps aren't on par with apple) but also some strengths (beautiful screen, qwerty pad) that make it hold up. The more you get into the Android phone OS, the more you appreciate how intuitive it is in its own way. Great purchase. Just kinda wish I had Google Voice to try that out but so far I'm very pleased.
NCAA: UNC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 06:09 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff
Got it the other day. Love it, absolutely love it. I've had a iPod touch and had an iphone for a month too and I can honestly say the Droid is as good. There are definitely some weaknesses (Apps aren't on par with apple) but also some strengths (beautiful screen, qwerty pad) that make it hold up. The more you get into the Android phone OS, the more you appreciate how intuitive it is in its own way. Great purchase. Just kinda wish I had Google Voice to try that out but so far I'm very pleased.
Glad you're loving it as much as I do Spiff!

As for the Google Voice, pm me your email. I have 1 invite left. I'll be glad to send it out to you.

Also I may have some Google Wave invites, as I was just invited to join. Not sure if they give you an allowance of how many people to invite like they did with Voice.

Anyways, for those wanting the comparison between the iPhone and Droid Touchscreen, well my family has said that they're both fairly similar. Droid does lag every now and then, but it depends on if you have any apps running in the background. They loved the screen and the actual quality of the phone. Some hated how heavy it felt, but for the most part they all liked the design. Basically they said it was a toss up. But they loved how I could get reception in their basement, when neither of their iPhones could. :P

Also for guys looking for Roms for their NESoid or SNESoid.. go to theoldcomputer.com

When I tried to go there last night, it was giving me Access Denied, so I think they were working on the site. Since I'm at work, I can't try it.

Oh wait.. yes I can.. on my droid!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »