Home

Official Android Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Official Android Discussion Thread within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2009, 12:20 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.
Re: Official DROID Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgejudy
My contract with T-Mo ends this month, I'm tempted to switch over to the Droid, especially since I think we get a discount with Verizon where I work, I just hate the idea of being stuck in a contract again.
Sucks, but any phone company will have a contract, unless you go for a Go phone. If I were you, I'd check to see if your company offers any discount for any carriers. I know my company does. I get 8% off my bill every month. Not too bad. I also get it on accessories or anything else I buy off Verizon. As for your temptation, well I've been with every phone carrier (except for US Cellular) and I think that Verizon and T-Mobile are 2 of the best carriers. Although I'd give it to Verizon overall, since customer service screwed me over with T-Mobile.

As for the people looking for ROMS for the Droid......

http://www.theoldcomputer.com/

It's finally back!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2009, 10:13 AM   #66
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shugknight
Sucks, but any phone company will have a contract, unless you go for a Go phone. If I were you, I'd check to see if your company offers any discount for any carriers. I know my company does. I get 8% off my bill every month. Not too bad. I also get it on accessories or anything else I buy off Verizon. As for your temptation, well I've been with every phone carrier (except for US Cellular) and I think that Verizon and T-Mobile are 2 of the best carriers. Although I'd give it to Verizon overall, since customer service screwed me over with T-Mobile.

As for the people looking for ROMS for the Droid......

http://www.theoldcomputer.com/

It's finally back!!!
well you don't have to go with a contract, but if you don't you have to pay MSRP for the phone, which is a pretty hefty amount for something that's going to be old and outdated within a year. I do however get 15% off rate plans and 25% off accessories through my work so it's something I'll definitely be checking into
Old 12-16-2009, 12:03 AM   #67
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgejudy
well you don't have to go with a contract, but if you don't you have to pay MSRP for the phone, which is a pretty hefty amount for something that's going to be old and outdated within a year. I do however get 15% off rate plans and 25% off accessories through my work so it's something I'll definitely be checking into
Yeah, I guess you're right. You can always go the Ebay way as well. Pretty sure some will pop up on there that will be somewhat cheap.

How does everyone feel about their Droid? I love mine! Didn't know what I did before I had this. Seems like every hour I have some use for one of my apps.

Also, just wanted to give you guys heads up on a good case (or so I've read) called the Seidio Innocase umm case. I just ordered one yesterday, and got the shipping confirmation today. I hope to get it soon and will post the review.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:50 AM   #68
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

My current phone's turning off on its own at times, pretty annoying. Tempted to tell Verizon it's lost and get a discount on the Droid, plus signing up for the data plan I know it'd save me a bit (I think they give you a discount if you sign up for the plan). Still won't be cheap, but my current phone's annoying me and sadly that phone was what I used my new phone credit on...Is the Droid worth it?

I was pondering getting a GPS for 130ish anyways, so this would kinda help offset the price and helps me talk myself into it lol
Old 12-16-2009, 02:45 PM   #69
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Ended up getting one at the 1 year price. Verizon has a one time lost phone policy where you can get a new one at the 1 year contract price, so a lot cheaper than the phone normally. Nice to have a phone that doesn't turn off randomly, and the Google Maps feature is awesome. Solid phone!
Old 12-18-2009, 03:10 PM   #70
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

So I am thinking about getting a Droid sometime in January. I would have bought it today but I decided to get my mom a new washing machine instead, since she is my mom after all LOL.

But anyway which carrier and or phone is the best ? Verizon or Sprint ?? I cant stand t-mobile. And really leaning towards Verizon.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:13 PM   #71
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

I like Verizon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2009, 05:52 PM   #72
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

Depends on your area, but from what I've seen Verizons service is excellent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »