Home

LCD or OLED? - The TV Thread

This is a discussion on LCD or OLED? - The TV Thread within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2022, 12:57 PM   #8305
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: LCD or OLED? - The TV Thread

I’m still debating replacing my 49” Sony X900F with an OLED, I have a 55” CX in my living room but it’s mounted over fireplace and not ideal for gaming. The space I’m in I think 55” would be too much (roughly 4-5’ seating distance straight on).

Here’s what I’m debating - Vizio 55” when on sale for $850 for a brief period this week it likely will again, CX 48” is $849 on Amazon or a C1 for $1k, or just keeping my X900F until the OLED’s with more brightness become more standard. X900F Dolby Vision is unplayable because of input lag, also missing out on all other hdmi 2.1 functionality

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2022, 04:04 PM   #8306
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

If anyone has access to the Samsung discount/employee site the 65" qn90a is $1,189 right now. 85" just under $2k
Old 06-14-2022, 03:07 AM   #8307
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

You can look up Darko on youtube calibration settings. He does all kinds of TV models and the only guy i trust entering settings from.

He has movie and gaming settings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadams33
just bought the 77'' C1 OLED any recommendations as far as the settings
Sent from my SM-A215U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-14-2022, 06:16 AM   #8308
Pro

OVR: 4

Grabbed the 48" C1 - Open Box Excellent with 1 hour of use for $729 right before it dropped to $899, probably stick with it as I think that price was representative of the drop (since it was the day before). Love it so far, nice upgrade over the X900F.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:34 AM   #8309
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

This might be a dumb question to most but I'm in no way shape or form a very techie person.

Are all newer TV's these days Smart TV's?

Here's the reason I'm asking. I have an old samsung I've had for about 12 years. I stream Netflix, DAZN Sports, Prime Video, Disney Plus through my Playstation 4.

I watch the English Premier League and DAZN Sports have just lost the rights to fuboTV. I have just subscribed to fuboTV but is not compatible with Playstation. I am currently watching it now through my PC. Can you access anything through a Smart Tv should I switch out my TV?

Any insight would be most welcome! Thanks!
Old 06-27-2022, 01:13 PM   #8310
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
This might be a dumb question to most but I'm in no way shape or form a very techie person.

Are all newer TV's these days Smart TV's?

Here's the reason I'm asking. I have an old samsung I've had for about 12 years. I stream Netflix, DAZN Sports, Prime Video, Disney Plus through my Playstation 4.

I watch the English Premier League and DAZN Sports have just lost the rights to fuboTV. I have just subscribed to fuboTV but is not compatible with Playstation. I am currently watching it now through my PC. Can you access anything through a Smart Tv should I switch out my TV?

Any insight would be most welcome! Thanks!
You don't need an entirely new TV. You can get streaming stick that has FuboTV

Here is a list - https://www.fubo.tv/welcome/apps

Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku
Old 06-27-2022, 01:16 PM   #8311
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

I have a 2011 Panasomic Plasma TV that is still awesome and I have a firestick I bought thru Amazon for $30 that I can watch any app I want (Netflix, Peacock, ESPN, HBOMax, Twitch, etc.).

That should fit what you're looking for, Liverpool...just google whether the app you want is covered and then after purchasing it, sign-in to each app and you're set.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2022, 01:41 AM   #8312
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
I have a 2011 Panasomic Plasma TV that is still awesome and I have a firestick I bought thru Amazon for $30 that I can watch any app I want (Netflix, Peacock, ESPN, HBOMax, Twitch, etc.).

That should fit what you're looking for, Liverpool...just google whether the app you want is covered and then after purchasing it, sign-in to each app and you're set.
You are better off just getting a streaming device as tv os isn't always updated and apps get left behind or never get created. Plus older tvs may not work with the new apps. It's a big mess unless your tv has android or. Firestick or whatever is a much better experience.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »