Home

LCD or OLED? - The TV Thread

This is a discussion on LCD or OLED? - The TV Thread within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2016, 03:56 PM   #4001
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Plasma or LCD? - The TV Thread

Yeah, it was different in store Frank. My BB wasn't supposed to have the 55". I was looking at the 50, and the guy told me they had a 55 shipped by mistake in the back. I impulse bought it. If this TV holds up, it's an absolute gem.

I won't buy a Vizio when this is cheaper and better picture and sound. Just watched Marcos with HDR. Looks great. I'm getting ready to bring my X1s in here to try out some games. Maybe Forza.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2016, 03:58 PM   #4002
VFL

kwebbvols4423's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
The 50" was 429 at the local BB. The 55" was $549. The picture and sound is absolutely incredible. Im watching ignorant 4k documentaries on Netflix right now because the picture and sound is that good. It's actually a better picture than my Vizio M70-C3, and I don't even think its really close
I honestly might pick this one up now.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:58 PM   #4003
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
I have to measure, but i thought our living room tv was a 47" or something, but I think it's just 42"...that would make a 55" 4k tv a pretty nice upgrade. Those are way better price wise (looking at a Vizio most likely) vs. thinking I needed 60" or higher!
I actually thought our bedroom tv was 49" but it was 42, just like you said. The 55" is a huge improvement.

I'd actually highly recommend this set. I'm extremely impressed. Blacks look excellent, as do whites. This is straight out of the box.
Old 11-03-2016, 04:38 PM   #4004
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Yeah, it was different in store Frank. My BB wasn't supposed to have the 55". I was looking at the 50, and the guy told me they had a 55 shipped by mistake in the back. I impulse bought it. If this TV holds up, it's an absolute gem.

I won't buy a Vizio when this is cheaper and better picture and sound. Just watched Marcos with HDR. Looks great. I'm getting ready to bring my X1s in here to try out some games. Maybe Forza.
Thanks Will, let me know how the One looks on it, like I said I have heard nothing but great things about this set. Also when you hook up the one if your HDR doesn't show, hit me up and I can point you to how to get it on. I know so much about this TV and I don't even own it, LOL, WELL YET.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 11-03-2016, 05:06 PM   #4005
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwebbvols4423
I honestly might pick this one up now.
It's only day 1 for me right now, but if initial impressions are correct, this won't be the last hisense I'll buy. I'm truly blown away by this set right now. Apps are speedy, remote is good, connectivity is great.

I can't say enough about the sound. It's really a great sounding set. The picture is phenomenal. I wish there were a 2016 65" set. They have a curved, but I'm not going curved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
Thanks Will, let me know how the One looks on it, like I said I have heard nothing but great things about this set. Also when you hook up the one if your HDR doesn't show, hit me up and I can point you to how to get it on. I know so much about this TV and I don't even own it, LOL, WELL YET.
Will do man. I Appreciate it. I found the settings for the hdr when I was researching too. I can easily say that this is my best value purchase ever, haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2016, 05:49 PM   #4006
Pro

OVR: 7

Welp, time to look into selling my old tv, because this set (ks8500) is absolutely amazing! Really happy with the purchase. Can't wait to try the ps4 pro on this bad boy next week!
Old 11-03-2016, 05:52 PM   #4007
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Is the KS8000 the same set as the ks8500, other than the curve? I may go for it over the similar LG suhd.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:05 PM   #4008
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Is the KS8000 the same set as the ks8500, other than the curve? I may go for it over the similar LG suhd.
Basically. Since they are now the same price I figured I would try out the curve. I definitely wouldn't want to pay extra just for the curve haha. Glare from my windows was an issue for me with my old set and I was hoping the curve may help with that. Luckily it actually does! They are all JUST angled out from all my main viewing spots. Happy coincidence I guess...

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »