Home

The Audiophile Thread

This is a discussion on The Audiophile Thread within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2015, 10:28 AM   #321
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: The Audiophile Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy29
I'd say no more than $500 or so
Are you wanting another sound bar system?

I'd just start by browsing around at Best Buy - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpa...ing%20Eligible
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2015, 11:00 AM   #322
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlNachos
Sorry to make you type all that I was being a smart *** about it. The :P didn't turn into a visible smiley
I will be making almost the exact same flip once I do upgrade. Where did you sell the pl-200?
I sold it on Craigslist. Got a helpful partner in paying well for it since mine has been virtually unused over these years (I mean look, it's been used, but I've never driven it even to reference levels in that bedroom of mine). Still clean as a whistle, "like new" condition. I was being a little generous toward myself saying I got exactly what I paid for it though, I sold it for $230. Just saying I feel like there was no loss.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-11-2015, 01:43 AM   #323
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'm making some HT upgrades now that we're moving (and I'll be moving all my bedroom equipment to the new living room), but I have a dilemma.

Dilemma first... my new center channel won't fit in the middle shelf on the cabinet. It can only fit on the bottom (not enough to angle it as well). The TV is on the top. I can't mount the TV for two reasons: 1) mom against it), 2) floorstanding front speakers would cut off side angle for love seat on other wall if brought farther back. The only true thing I can do is mount the center channel above the TV, but even I agree that is an eyesore.

Anyway, here's what I'm going from:

Center: Polk TSi CS10
Fronts: Klipsch KF-28 Icon
Subwoofer: BIC Acoustech PL-200

Here's what I'm going to:

Center: Klipsch RC-62 II Reference
Fronts: Klipsch RF-82 II Reference
Subwoofer: SVS PC13-Ultra

Although my bedroom was adequate for them, I have to think about whether or not I can get surrounds in my space. I've already made this project enough of a hassle for my mom haha.
Blzer did you already make this upgrade? How are you liking the Klipsch speakers? I'm actually thinking of getting that exact set plus the surrounds. Curious to hear your thoughts.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:20 AM   #324
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaima1shu
Blzer did you already make this upgrade? How are you liking the Klipsch speakers? I'm actually thinking of getting that exact set plus the surrounds. Curious to hear your thoughts.
Hey man, I've upgraded the subwoofer but this Craigslist guy and I have very, very conflicting schedules and it's tough to meet up. I'm shooting for this weekend. Still personally concerned about my center channel essentially being on the ground and not being able to angle upward toward our ears, though.

I love the sub however!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-11-2015, 09:27 AM   #325
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

Quote:
Hey man, I've upgraded the subwoofer but this Craigslist guy and I have very, very conflicting schedules and it's tough to meet up. I'm shooting for this weekend. Still personally concerned about my center channel essentially being on the ground and not being able to angle upward toward our ears, though.

I love the sub however!
Ah ok cool. Well let me know if you do end up getting them!

Glad you like the sub. I probably don't have the budget to go that high but I was thinking of the PB-2000. My Elemental Designs sub was getting pretty wacky last time I had it setup.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2015, 11:12 PM   #326
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Hey man, so I got my new pieces in.

All I can say is once I turned on my TV and there was just some random show on, I literally said "wow." I don't even know if it was upgrading the center channel so to speak, but to have my center match my fronts just gave me something that I've been lacking all this time.

That said, this center is still a vast improvement, as are the fronts. I played music through the fronts only, and the vocals in songs were much crisper and clearer. That alone was worthy of an upgrade from there.

Now, the differences are night and day, but these differences are more like, "This is what I should have been having all along." So I'm not going to sit here and demo all of my material just yet, but I think before when I watched stuff I would think in my head, "It shouldn't sound like this." Now I just think that I expect to know what it will sound like.

The only two concerns I have are: 1) fronts are too close together; 2) center channel is too low. No matter, these are spacial matters and I can't do anything about them. The greedy part of me just wants to shell out another $1000 for matching surrounds and mount them to the corners of this living room, though haha!

I'll get a picture someday when I can find my stupid camera.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:52 PM   #327
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Hey man, so I got my new pieces in.

All I can say is once I turned on my TV and there was just some random show on, I literally said "wow." I don't even know if it was upgrading the center channel so to speak, but to have my center match my fronts just gave me something that I've been lacking all this time.

That said, this center is still a vast improvement, as are the fronts. I played music through the fronts only, and the vocals in songs were much crisper and clearer. That alone was worthy of an upgrade from there.

Now, the differences are night and day, but these differences are more like, "This is what I should have been having all along." So I'm not going to sit here and demo all of my material just yet, but I think before when I watched stuff I would think in my head, "It shouldn't sound like this." Now I just think that I expect to know what it will sound like.

The only two concerns I have are: 1) fronts are too close together; 2) center channel is too low. No matter, these are spacial matters and I can't do anything about them. The greedy part of me just wants to shell out another $1000 for matching surrounds and mount them to the corners of this living room, though haha!

I'll get a picture someday when I can find my stupid camera.
I believe you said you have the Klipsch towers and a Polk center. A big difference in Klipsch and other brands is their horn tweeter, it does change the sound effect, some people love it, some don't. I personally think it sounds great when powered correctly and paired with other horn speakers. I prefer ribbon based tweeters but horn tweeters are a close runner up.

Just thinking about it, if you still have your 28's, just use them as your surrounds if you have the space. We did a set up like this once and it sounded awesome.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:09 AM   #328
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

That's awesome to hear blzer. I had a similar wow factor when I heard my friend's RF-82s for the first time. Just need to find a good deal on the whole setup!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »