Home

What's good to watch on Netflix And Other Streaming Platforms

This is a discussion on What's good to watch on Netflix And Other Streaming Platforms within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2015, 07:26 PM   #401
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: What's good to watch on Netflix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Especially considering his underwhelming replacement, the very unfunny Deputy Warren Ferguson. He was mercifully let go after one season. Andy Griffith later commented on this move not working for the show.

My surprise was Elinor Donahue getting out of her three year contract early after the first season. She seemed to be a star in the making after her stint on Father Knows Best, but she felt that her performance was subpar, which obviously wasn't the case. She did a great job in a role that required her to be Andy's "almost girlfriend", a tough task indeed.
The guy who played Ferguson was actually part of a very good sketch comedy duo, Burns and Schreiber. But there's is no filling Don Knotts shoes. Donahue's exit from the show was very sudden and unfortunate. Now that you're mentioning Burns as the fill-in, the very last b&w show featured Jerry Van D yke (yes, Dick's brother) as the banjo playing deputy. Makes me wonder if they weren't trying him out for the role starting for season 6 vs. Burns. He would have been a welcomed addition.

(really? we can type "Dick" but not "D yke"??)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2015, 07:46 PM   #402
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Now that you're mentioning Burns as the fill-in, the very last b&w show featured Jerry Van D yke (yes, Dick's brother) as the banjo playing deputy. Makes me wonder if they weren't trying him out for the role starting for season 6 vs. Burns. He would have been a welcomed addition.

(really? we can type "Dick" but not "D yke"??)
I honestly don't know if Jerry Van "D yke" (LOL) would have been a good fit as a regular on that particular show. I do know that I did not like that last b&w episode, and amazingly it didn't feature Barney.
Old 12-20-2015, 06:31 PM   #403
MVP

OVR: 4

Black Mirror

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2015, 07:40 PM   #404
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

The new original docuseries Making a Murder.

Omfg, was about to fall asleep and 10 last night, threw this on, was still awake at 7am watching it. My lord I've never felt ill from watching something in my life. I feel like this documentary is going to change something, like it's going to get huge, and we are going to see something come of it. We have to see something come of it, this is America.
Old 12-20-2015, 09:23 PM   #405
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster

Omfg, was about to fall asleep and 10 last night, threw this on, was still awake at 7am watching it. My lord I've never felt ill from watching something in my life. I feel like this documentary is going to change something, like it's going to get huge, and we are going to see something come of it. We have to see something come of it, this is America.
It was really good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2015, 03:58 PM   #406
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
If you're into like true crime and documentary stuff check out Making a Murderer. Went up today. It's about a murder case that happened like 45 minutes from my home and it's pretty weird and comprehensive.
I've never facepalmed watching something more in my life. They should keep all video cameras away from the region we grew up in. If people thought Fargo's accents were exaggerated, just show them this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster

Incorrect. As he said, "Poor people lose all the time"
Old 12-23-2015, 04:01 AM   #407
Little Big Puig

elTodd's Arena

OVR: 24

The two investigators that got the confession out of Brendan are truly vile human beings. I've never been so sick watching something in my life.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2015, 09:40 AM   #408
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by elTodd
The two investigators that got the confession out of Brendan are truly vile human beings. I've never been so sick watching something in my life.
I didn't like them either, and I know he had a 70 IQ, but he did say a lot. Similar things went down in the HBO Paradise Lost trilogy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »