Home

What New Fall TV Shows Are You Planning To Watch?

This is a discussion on What New Fall TV Shows Are You Planning To Watch? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #33
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: What New Fall TV Shows Are You Planning To Watch?

Usually I wait for OS to give a a review before I start watching a show. Too many on my plate right now keeping up with Boardwalk Empire, SOA, Alphas and all the sitcoms and talent shows that I watch.
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 09-27-2012, 10:59 PM   #34
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
I saw that "premiere" of Animal Practice last night, wonder if they'll ever show the pilot again.

The only other new shows I've see so far are Go On (liked the first two episodes I've seen) and Revolution. I like the premise of Revolution, but the acting leaves something to be desired. I recorded Ben and Kate but I don't even know if I'll watch it, it doesn't seem like a show I would like.
Oh, I also watched Ben and Kate.

I actually liked it more than Guys with Kids and Animal Practice.

Kinda reminds me of old 80s show concepts where they find a way to pit people together through some odd circumstances.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 09-28-2012, 01:38 AM   #35
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I watched Elementary tonight and it was...........meh

I'm glad that Hollywood has grabbed hold of the original conception of Holmes being a bit of a drug addict but the way it's done just doesn't speak to me. My vision of Holmes is of a guy who is a bit more calm and doesn't act like a guy who's on speed and is a combination of Columbo and Vincent DiNofrio's character from Law & Order: Criminal Intent. It's a bit offputting and Holmes comes across as a real a-hole.

Still it was solid enough and I will watch the next episode to see if it gets better/they tone down the more abrasive elements to the Holmes portrayal. I thought Lucy Liu was credible in her role as Watson.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 08:43 AM   #36
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

Checked out the premiere of 666 Park Avenue last night. Thought it was pretty good, kept our attention throughout. Had a creepy feeling about it.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #37
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
Checked out the premiere of 666 Park Avenue last night. Thought it was pretty good, kept our attention throughout. Had a creepy feeling about it.
Agreed. Kept me entertained.

I tuned in thinking it would be noise while I did other things. Instead it caught my full attention.

Sent from my mobile device.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 10-02-2012, 12:55 AM   #38
Pro

khaled's Arena

OVR: 10

So bottom line: Which ones should I watch?

Old 10-02-2012, 01:25 AM   #39
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I watched Elementary tonight and it was...........meh

I'm glad that Hollywood has grabbed hold of the original conception of Holmes being a bit of a drug addict but the way it's done just doesn't speak to me. My vision of Holmes is of a guy who is a bit more calm and doesn't act like a guy who's on speed and is a combination of Columbo and Vincent DiNofrio's character from Law & Order: Criminal Intent. It's a bit offputting and Holmes comes across as a real a-hole.

Still it was solid enough and I will watch the next episode to see if it gets better/they tone down the more abrasive elements to the Holmes portrayal. I thought Lucy Liu was credible in her role as Watson.
Have you checked out the BBC version of Sherlock Holmes? Still not your vision of Homles because he seem to have ADD but I thought the series is very entertaining.
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 10-02-2012, 03:52 AM   #40
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinDaMike
Have you checked out the BBC version of Sherlock Holmes? Still not your vision of Homles because he seem to have ADD but I thought the series is very entertaining.
Is it also a modern take on the character? I think i've seen clips of it but never watched an episode. I'll check it out if that's what you're talking about.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »