Home

Halloween 2018

This is a discussion on Halloween 2018 within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2017, 07:25 AM   #17
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Halloween 2018 (Working Title)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I totally agree with killing off Loomis. It makes sense.

But I can't say I agree with trashing the bloodline story. You say get back to basics, but the bloodline story is the basics. It's what created so much tension in the first two. Michael exists to kill Laurie Strode. I think you could do some kind of ending where he finally kills Laurie and end on a cliffhanger as to whether he is done killing or not to leave the door open for sequels.

I just think if you are bringing back the series and continuing from the first two you have to have that arc with he and Laurie.

And not that your idea couldn't work, I just would like to see the bloodline story continue for at least this movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I admit, I have a bias to getting away from the bloodline story. It was never Carpenter's intent to have any bloodline between Myers and Laurie.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:27 PM   #18
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Halloween 2018 (Working Title)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
I admit, I have a bias to getting away from the bloodline story. It was never Carpenter's intent to have any bloodline between Myers and Laurie.

After I saw the original on a rainy 1981 Halloween night on Network TV (I was 11) for the very first time. I had thought he pursued Laurie because she was the first girl he saw (along with Tommy Doyle) when she dropped the keys off at the old Myers house. He then stalked Tommy at school as well.

What a creepy freaking movie to watch alone, on Halloween night back in 1981.

By far my all time favorite horror movie.

Of course I begged my mom to take me to the sequel the very next week.

Awesome sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 02-22-2017, 06:20 PM   #19
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

I wish I could've seen the original in theaters. The only one I have been able to see that wasn't RZ's in a theater was H2O when I was 12. My mother took me and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:06 AM   #20
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I get that it's not established that she is his sister till part II. (That is correct, right?)

But the way he stalks her and has an affinity for her kinda foreshadows more to the the story than just killing to kill. Since Carpenter established it part II when Sheriff Brackett told Loomis, (Again, I think that's right. It's been a long time since I've intently watched the movies in order.) one would think this could have been his intent for the series.

I don't know, maybe I'm off or trying too hard to establish this. lol
Old 02-23-2017, 02:38 AM   #21
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I get that it's not established that she is his sister till part II. (That is correct, right?)
Correct.

Quote:
But the way he stalks her and has an affinity for her kinda foreshadows more to the the story than just killing to kill. Since Carpenter established it part II when Sheriff Brackett told Loomis,
It was the nurse that tells Loomis.

Quote:
(Again, I think that's right. It's been a long time since I've intently watched the movies in order.) one would think this could have been his intent for the series.

I don't know, maybe I'm off or trying too hard to establish this. lol
Nah, it's cool. I understand where you are coming from. I just think if you go the bloodline route it diminishes The Shape. The Shape is about evil in its purest form. A supernatural force. To me establishing a motive for his killing gives him a more human feel and takes away from what he originally was supposed to be. I hope that makes sense.

But, like I said, I am a huge Halloween and Myers mark. I hold The Shape above any other slasher killers in the movies. He is the Michael Jordan of mass murderers to me.

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 02-23-2017 at 02:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2017, 11:24 AM   #22
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
Correct.

It was the nurse that tells Loomis.

Nah, it's cool. I understand where you are coming from. I just think if you go the bloodline route it diminishes The Shape. The Shape is about evil in its purest form. A supernatural force. To me establishing a motive for his killing gives him a more human feel and takes away from what he originally was supposed to be. I hope that makes sense.

But, like I said, I am a huge Halloween and Myers mark. I hold The Shape above any other slasher killers in the movies. He is the Michael Jordan of mass murderers to me.

I feel the same way. It was really the only movies that truly terrified me as a kid. There is just something super creepy about Halloween 1-2. 4-5 were OK, I was older when i saw them for the first time, so it did have that cant go to sleep because im scared after watching thing going on, but they were good.

First disappointment was H6. Actually the whole Jamie becoming psychic after the way 4 ended, they sort of blew it there. Then 6 I just didnt like at all, some cult was keeping Michael Myers in hiding, all that was nonsense.

H2O was ok, it hit the nostalgia nerve, but all in all I dont think it was a good Halloween movie, watched it not that long ago, they barely even play the Halloween song in it, it seemed less Halloween, more trying to be a blockbuster horror flick of the time, like a scream, or something else.

Lets not talk about resurrection.

Zombies first one was OK until the last quarter of the first flick. His part 2 was a mess.

Looking forward to what the new one with Carpenter is about, but we are looking at 20-30 years since a real Halloween came out if you really think of it, Mostly trash since the mid to late 80's
Old 02-27-2017, 08:21 AM   #23
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
I feel the same way. It was really the only movies that truly terrified me as a kid. There is just something super creepy about Halloween 1-2. 4-5 were OK, I was older when i saw them for the first time, so it did have that cant go to sleep because im scared after watching thing going on, but they were good.

First disappointment was H6. Actually the whole Jamie becoming psychic after the way 4 ended, they sort of blew it there. Then 6 I just didnt like at all, some cult was keeping Michael Myers in hiding, all that was nonsense.

H2O was ok, it hit the nostalgia nerve, but all in all I dont think it was a good Halloween movie, watched it not that long ago, they barely even play the Halloween song in it, it seemed less Halloween, more trying to be a blockbuster horror flick of the time, like a scream, or something else.

Lets not talk about resurrection.

Zombies first one was OK until the last quarter of the first flick. His part 2 was a mess.

Looking forward to what the new one with Carpenter is about, but we are looking at 20-30 years since a real Halloween came out if you really think of it, Mostly trash since the mid to late 80's

Yeah pretty much on the same page. 4 was the last truly really good Halloween movie. I was 18 when that one came out and it had the 1978 vibe all over it.

5 was disjointed. One of the corniest lines in that movie and I love reciting it and my son and wife crack up every time (we are a Halloween junkie household just so you know for 12 straight years I have been dressing up as Michael Myers every halloween and we have a huge scene in front of my home which is on a corner in our neighborhood. We have the Halloween 1 and 2 soundtrack on a loop and we are well known as the Myers house. Kids scream and run as well as cry, also taking pictures with me it’s a hoot. My son who is almost 12 years old also dresses up as Myers as well and we both have a blast with it every Halloween).

So back to the line. When Jamie was having her seizure and the Doctor is about to cut a hole in her throat to open her airway Loomis goes:

Leave her!!! She will stabilize!!! You have something to tell us don’t you Jamie?

I swear that kills me every time I see Halloween V. It was over the top Loomis and Donald Pleasance was in rare form.

I have a great feeling now that Carpenter is involved in this latest project we will get a true return to form. It is sorely needed.

I am a Zombie supporter though. His remake to me was crazy. And the first act with Michael’s origin was horrifying. His first kill of the kid who picked on him.....pure terror. Just wow. It gives me chills every time. And Malcolm McDowell was a fantastic cast choice to play Dr. Loomis. He was outstanding.

Unfortunately the sequel was a mess. I can still watch it and appreciate some of the elements of it. Laurie is just so broken at that point. But you really have to like Zombie’s style to appreciate both of his visions. He is well known for being pure white trash and I always have to take a shower after seeing House of 1000 Corpse’s and The Devils Rejects.

Anyway. It is great we are finally getting a new Halloween film and hopefully the script is awesome and we can have another time line to talk about and enjoy.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 02-27-2017 at 08:27 AM.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:32 AM   #24
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Yeah pretty much on the same page. 4 was the last truly really good Halloween movie. I was 18 when that one came out and it had the 1978 vibe all over it.

5 was disjointed. One of the corniest lines in that movie and I love reciting it and my son and wife crack up every time (we are a Halloween junkie household just so you know for 12 straight years I have been dressing up as Michael Myers every halloween and we have a huge scene in front of my home which is on a corner in our neighborhood. We have the Halloween 1 and 2 soundtrack on a loop and we are well known as the Myers house. Kids scream and run as well as cry, also taking pictures with me it’s a hoot. My son who is almost 12 years old also dresses up as Myers as well and we both have a blast with it every Halloween).

So back to the line. When Jamie was having her seizure and the Doctor is about to cut a hole in her throat to open her airway Loomis goes:

Leave her!!! She will stabilize!!! You have something to tell us don’t you Jamie?

I swear that kills me every time I see Halloween V. It was over the top Loomis and Donald Pleasance was in rare form.

I have a great feeling now that Carpenter is involved in this latest project we will get a true return to form. It is sorely needed.

I am a Zombie supporter though. His remake to me was crazy. And the first act with Michael’s origin was horrifying. His first kill of the kid who picked on him.....pure terror. Just wow. It gives me chills every time. And Malcolm McDowell was a fantastic cast choice to play Dr. Loomis. He was outstanding.

Unfortunately the sequel was a mess. I can still watch it and appreciate some of the elements of it. Laurie is just so broken at that point. But you really have to like Zombie’s style to appreciate both of his visions. He is well known for being pure white trash and I always have to take a shower after seeing House of 1000 Corpse’s and The Devils Rejects.

Anyway. It is great we are finally getting a new Halloween film and hopefully the script is awesome and we can have another time line to talk about and enjoy.
Lol worst scene ever

"This girl is dead"

"No you have something to tell us don't you Jamie "

They could have just gone on and made a good movie but they went the other way.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »