Home

Avengers: End Game

This is a discussion on Avengers: End Game within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2019, 11:48 AM   #417
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Avengers: End Game

And the criticism for Looper was "how could he have narrated it"? But I enjoyed it.... great unique story and cast.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:16 PM   #418
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
This is where any time travel stories get weird imo.... so not always a fan. I think Hulkabanner was explaining that going back and killing the evil baby wouldn't change anything because going back to the past is still part of your future, etc. etc. then it doesn't affect your timeline. This is where it's all funky and ultimately why I think time travel is just scifi crap.
I think the point of that is that in the quantum realm, when you time travel any changes that you make means you will form a new timeline strand, so killing Baby Thanos won't affect your present because your past has already happened, but you will be changing some alternate you's future of course.

The time stone doesn't work this way, though. You go back in your own timeline and remain on that timeline. This was true in DS and IW, as I said earlier. So the time stone's time travel works differently (more in line with other films) than the quantum realm (their own version of it).

Anyway, yeah I liked Looper, but I can't remember much about its time travel logic. I've heard 12 Monkeys has relatively sound time travel logic, but I haven't seen that movie.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-20-2019, 12:55 PM   #419
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

The running joke was A: EG was trying to debunk Back To The Future time travel principles. Can't stand the alternate universe stuff even when I was a collector. I thought Star Trek recently did it pretty well with Spock, however.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:46 PM   #420
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
It’s impossible to do a good “serious” time travel movie. Just way to many loopholes, and in this age of social media it’s even worse.

Loopers probably is the best I have seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I don’t even remember the plot all that much, but I remember being blown away by Joseph Gordon-Levitt in that movie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 05-21-2019, 02:21 PM   #421
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I don’t even remember the plot all that much, but I remember being blown away by Joseph Gordon-Levitt in that movie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was essentially a twist on the "Hitler baby" theory.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2019, 10:51 PM   #422
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

There's not really a "Marvel Updates" thread, so I'll just keep posting stuff here.

Marvel Studios is exploring different avenues to introduce Deadpool (still being played by Ryan Reynolds). 3 of the options are a third solo film under the Marvel Studios banner, a Disney+ limited series, or appearing in the 3rd Spider-Man movie.

If it's the third option, I hope they never say anything. Don't show him in any trailers, don't have Ryan Reynolds do any press beforehand, just have Deadpool randomly show up in the movie.

Last edited by TripleCrown9; 05-25-2019 at 10:56 PM.
Old 05-25-2019, 11:30 PM   #423
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
There's not really a "Marvel Updates" thread, so I'll just keep posting stuff here.

Marvel Studios is exploring different avenues to introduce Deadpool (still being played by Ryan Reynolds). 3 of the options are a third solo film under the Marvel Studios banner, a Disney+ limited series, or appearing in the 3rd Spider-Man movie.

If it's the third option, I hope they never say anything. Don't show him in any trailers, don't have Ryan Reynolds do any press beforehand, just have Deadpool randomly show up in the movie.
I hope if they do the Spiderman movie and cant make it R rated (Not going too happen because Spiderman) then they let Deadpool act the same but bleep out cussing and blur other stuff. And make it so Deadpool is self aware of it. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 05-26-2019, 12:35 AM   #424
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Was able to catch the final hour of Endgame in theaters again after Aladdin (literally the moment after Prof. Hulk snaps his fingers), and although it was glorious, it feels better earned after watching the first two hours before it (plus Infinity War all before that, if you're able). The fight felt significantly shorter when all joined up. I didn't time it, but it seemed like 10-12 minutes (it was probably like 20-25 though, knowing me heh).

The theater was still rather full, but they weren't quite as responsive to moments. Maybe they've all seen it before, I don't know. But with Tony's death, the room definitely started to get dusty. There was somebody in the back corner who literally sounded like she just lost her uncle. Speaking of which, I paid more attention to Happy right after Tony's daughter said she wanted a cheeseburger, and Jon Favreau said so much with his facial expression by saying absolutely nothing at all. He was just in shambles. What a great moment.

Still love those end credits, too.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »