Home

Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin In Hot Water

This is a discussion on Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin In Hot Water within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2019, 11:07 PM   #33

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin In Hot Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
I would call taking pictures on rowing equipment posing and taking an active role in the deception.. If your high school transcript has A's in classes you haven't taken you know something fishy is going on. Or your SAT score goes up 300-400 points from your last attempt and you did nothing extra to prepare. If someone is giving you the answers on the SAT/ACT you know. Some honestly didn't know.

Sounds like Singer had a legit business, found out there was way more money to be made and went to the dark side. The fact that some of the cheaters wrote it off on their taxes is insulting.
Well, like I said before, from the stories I read, there was no "posing" for pictures.

This company had stock photos they used and photshopped faces to them.

I very well could be wrong, but that's the way I understand it as of now.
Old 03-17-2019, 03:11 PM   #34
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
The hilarious thing is people thinking that college means a ****ing thing.

The entire thing itself is a scam.

If someone offered me hundreds of thousands of dollars to admit their worthless kid into my worthless school, I'd tell them "hey, go buy a house instead."
College might be a scam but it isn't worthless.

Maybe for rich kids but how do you expect people with less means to find jobs in companies that use college grades and a degree to even start the application process?

And you'll probably say, "I know someone that didn't go to college and makes six figures now." Good for them. Now how does their success compare to the hundreds of thousands that aren't so fortunate?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 03-17-2019, 05:42 PM   #35
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH

Maybe for rich kids but how do you expect people with less means to find jobs in companies that use college grades and a degree to even start the application process?

And you'll probably say, "I know someone that didn't go to college and makes six figures now." Good for them. Now how does their success compare to the hundreds of thousands that aren't so fortunate?

You know who else didn't go to college?

LeBron James. Tracy McGrady. Kobe Bryant.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2019, 05:53 PM   #36
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I'm sensing ridiculously extreme sarcasm here, but in case you're not presenting it as such... let's not make the exception, the rule.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-17-2019, 06:14 PM   #37
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH

There's been a growing attempt in some circles to vilify education in general, often led by people who both have money and attended notable schools. But that's not something to get into here so I'm just going to leave it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'm sensing ridiculously extreme sarcasm here, but in case you're not presenting it as such... let's not make the exception, the rule.
It's a quote from The Office.
Old 03-17-2019, 06:50 PM   #38
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

And the plot thickens. Apparently, Singer had admitted to helping over 800 families over a span of 25 years.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:29 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 0

The income equality in this country is getting dangerously out of hand. If you have money you can pretty much coast through life, buying anything you want, not just material things but as this case proves, prestige, degrees and other influence . If you are a criminal and have more money you get off with a lesser sentence a lot more often. There is no justice for the poor. If you are rich you can buy your kids into college with no work. I'm not saying there aren't those who have worked their butt off for what they have, but there are just as many who are rich who did nothing, like people who lucked into it or inherited it.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:18 PM   #40
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
The income equality in this country is getting dangerously out of hand. If you have money you can pretty much coast through life, buying anything you want, not just material things but as this case proves, prestige, degrees and other influence . If you are a criminal and have more money you get off with a lesser sentence a lot more often. There is no justice for the poor. If you are rich you can buy your kids into college with no work. I'm not saying there aren't those who have worked their butt off for what they have, but there are just as many who are rich who did nothing, like people who lucked into it or inherited it.
This is the same thing with the Jenner kids.

I see the argument that the younger girls built their own design, clothing, perfume (whatever they have) empires and worked hard to get it so blah blah blah.

I mean, give me millions of dollars and the last name Jenner and I'm pretty sure I too can start a business that's successful. That's what people don't understand. They are already in. They don't have to do the hardest part which is have connections and a brand.

"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »