Home

Top 5 Podcasts That You Listen To.

This is a discussion on Top 5 Podcasts That You Listen To. within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2021, 03:09 PM   #25
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Top 5 Podcasts That You Listen To.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase
Lately I've been listening to:

The Office Deep Dive with Brian Baumgartner.

I highly recommend this one for fans of the US version of The Office.
How does it compare to Office Ladies? I wanted to like that one (and sometimes do), but I found that for every interesting anecdote there was about 10 minutes of conversation I just didn't care about.

Same with "Zack to the Future" podcast with Mark-Paul Gosselaar and the guy who did "Zack Morris is Trash". So much time spent discussing Zack Morris' haircut, hair color, wardrobe.

I just want to hear interesting show stories, haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2021, 03:16 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
How does it compare to Office Ladies? I wanted to like that one (and sometimes do), but I found that for every interesting anecdote there was about 10 minutes of conversation I just didn't care about.

Same with "Zack to the Future" podcast with Mark-Paul Gosselaar and the guy who did "Zack Morris is Trash". So much time spent discussing Zack Morris' haircut, hair color, wardrobe.

It's miles and miles better IMO. Brian started with An Oral History of The Office which was really good and included parts of interviews but due to popular demand he's been releasing this one that includes full conversations with all of the cast, writers, directors, etc.

Some of my favorites so far are Greg Daniels, Creed Bratton, Steve Carell, and the one he did with Allison Jones (casting director) but they are all good.

I'm in the same boat with The Office Ladies. I want to like it but to me there's so much time where I'm just wishing they would get to the point or they would try to pick one tone of voice and stick with it. One minute I'm turning the volume down and the next turning it up. They seem like nice people but Brian Baumgartner's show is definitely more of my style.
Old 08-06-2021, 05:27 PM   #27
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
It's miles and miles better IMO. Brian started with An Oral History of The Office which was really good and included parts of interviews but due to popular demand he's been releasing this one that includes full conversations with all of the cast, writers, directors, etc.

Some of my favorites so far are Greg Daniels, Creed Bratton, Steve Carell, and the one he did with Allison Jones (casting director) but they are all good.

I'm in the same boat with The Office Ladies. I want to like it but to me there's so much time where I'm just wishing they would get to the point or they would try to pick one tone of voice and stick with it. One minute I'm turning the volume down and the next turning it up. They seem like nice people but Brian Baumgartner's show is definitely more of my style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan

I had to stop listening to that ****. Jenna Fischer made me hate Pam.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-08-2021, 02:10 AM   #28
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

OVR: 0
Top 5 Podcasts That You Listen To.

True Crime All The Time
True Crime Garage

I’m mostly into crime podcasts. Oh and I used to love AM radio like coast to coast am with Art Bell. R.I.P. to him, his voice was legendary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2021, 08:54 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

There's a really good podcast out there called "S Town."

Here's the preview of it.

I think people should give it a listen. It's been out for several years now but it's a really compelling and amazing story about someone named John B Mclemore and him claiming to have witnessed a murder. It's about a town not too far from Tuscaloosa called Woodstock in Alabama. John B is so compelling to learn and listen about.. really good stuff.

I also thought the Serial podcasts were good.

I used to not listen to a lot of them but I turned to some audiobooks and podcasts to help with the drive to and from work. I also like things that aren't too hard to listen to and work at the same time.

Last edited by AUChase; 08-08-2021 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-09-2021, 08:37 AM   #30
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Yea I've got 2 types of podcast one that I listen to at work or playing a game where its more casual and I can miss some stuff. Then I have the ones I want to pay close attention to which I turn on when I'm driving.

Quote:

I used to not listen to a lot of them but I turned to some audiobooks and podcasts to help with the drive to and from work. I also like things that aren't too hard to listen to and work at the same time.
Old 08-09-2021, 10:38 AM   #31
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

With the anniversary of the NWO not long ago I've been listening to 83 Weeks. Also going back and watching all the old Nitros on Peacock.

Other regulars I listen are "The Office Ladies" and "Talkin Baseball"

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2021, 12:28 PM   #32

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledeuceR6
With the anniversary of the NWO not long ago I've been listening to 83 Weeks. Also going back and watching all the old Nitros on Peacock.

Other regulars I listen are "The Office Ladies" and "Talkin Baseball"

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
On the WWE side, JRs podcast is good to listen to when he and Conrad review PPVs from that era.

Since JR was head of talent relations then, he knew everything going on behind the scenes back then, so his insights on everything around that time is interesting to hear.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »