Home

Cut Back Runs and Counter Plays

This is a discussion on Cut Back Runs and Counter Plays within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2004, 01:18 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Cut Back Runs and Counter Plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Vader
Like the original poster asserted, cutbacks and counters are not effective in this game.
Its funny how you say that when 3 or 4 people have posted in this thread saying that they are having plenty of success running cutbacks and counters.

Just because a play is not effective when you run it does not mean it's not effective in this game.

I find counters to be the biggest gaining running play I have.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:21 PM   #18
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
I'm happy for you. You also are in the minority. Like the original poster asserted, cutbacks and counters are not effective in this game.
They are for me. So your statement while being true for you, is not true as a blanket statement.

They are effective for me, and they've been plenry effective against me online so I know they work for other people, so the minority part is not necessarily true either.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:25 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
They are for me. So your statement while being true for you, is not true as a blanket statement.

They are effective for me, and they've been plenry effective against me online so I know they work for other people, so the minority part is not necessarily true either.
Fair enough. You must have an incredible O-Line to get them to hold their blocks long enough for you to escape the change of direction animation so you can start running upfield. You also must be playing against some really, really bad defenses.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:14 PM   #20
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

For the guys that do have success, do you let the CPU control your RB for the first couple steps before you take control, or do you control the RB from the snap?
Old 12-04-2004, 03:28 PM   #21
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Fair enough. You must have an incredible O-Line to get them to hold their blocks long enough for you to escape the change of direction animation so you can start running upfield. You also must be playing against some really, really bad defenses.
Nope play with all different teams against all different teams. Even with the Chargers Oline I have effective runs on the cutback and counters. Maybe you are doing something wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2004, 03:29 PM   #22
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
For the guys that do have success, do you let the CPU control your RB for the first couple steps before you take control, or do you control the RB from the snap?
I control the RB as soon as the QB hands him the ball.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:34 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I control the RB as soon as the QB hands him the ball.
I assume you run the pattern exactly as it appears? Also, do you start out with a slow run and then hit the hole fast? Do you start out at a fast sprint? What is the series of special moves you do from the moment the QB hands you the ball to the moment you score or are tackled? Take us through the progression.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:54 PM   #24
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
I assume you run the pattern exactly as it appears? Also, do you start out with a slow run and then hit the hole fast? Do you start out at a fast sprint? What is the series of special moves you do from the moment the QB hands you the ball to the moment you score or are tackled? Take us through the progression.
I wonder if there is a difference between the PS2 and the XBox here because the counters were very well done last year on the PS2 but this year the blockers are just too slow to get out in front. I try to lay off the stick but they refuse to get out in front of me. I generally avoid them this year for that reason alone. I can still get yards sometimes but its not satisfying if I have to run ahead of my blockers to get it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »