Home

What's to stop sega from...

This is a discussion on What's to stop sega from... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2004, 02:25 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
What's to stop sega from...

...Cranking out "ESPN Professional Football 2k6" with all fake teams, etc.. and including kickass editors for players, player pictures, stadiums, uniforms, names, etc.. on top of that, with technology like action replay, couldn't some anonymous person or group of people go out there, put everything together that needs to be together, and have people be able to download it? AR it to the XBOX, and voila, back to real teams, players, etc, and Sega never had to violate the agreement..? Anything to avoid buying an EA product for me I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2004, 02:29 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: What's to stop sega from...

I guess in theory it could work, as long as within the default game files there are no player names, stadium names, team logos, or other NFL properties. Whether Sega would create a game with such customization and support the online communities (a niche audience, relatively speaking) to such an extent would be my only question against this idea.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:35 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

Maybe Sega could team up with Action Replay or whatever and create a package of Seag Football + Action Replay hardware. Or include a coupon for a discount on Action Replay hardware.

Then the 2 companies could set up an online server set up for public swapping of replay files (at no charge of course). I think this is very possible!!
Old 12-20-2004, 02:49 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think they should at least TRY the route of "mimic" for 2006....IE- same towns, similar names, players with same initials and stats...
here's an example
AFC EAST
New England minutemen or colonials
New York sonics or ??
Buffalo Bison
Miami bluefins or Marlins

NFC south
Carolina black cats
New Orleans friars
Atlanta talons
Tampa Bay swashbucklers

All with players the same in look, stats, etc.
Old 12-20-2004, 03:10 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

Or they could have the real NFL nicknames in the database from Dan & Peter's dialogue, then give us THE NEW feature where we can go in and dictate what they can say. Since Dan & Peter are always joking around anyhow, some dialogue for example, "Wow Dan he fired that off like a PATRIOT missle!" or "These guys are on a conquest... reminds me of the middle ages...like VIKINGS!" lol So on and so forth... then, since all the real nicknames have been cleverly placed within the voice database, all one has to do is associate them with their team. Tricks like that.

As for logos, include a simple art program to allow us to put together shapes and colors to make the real logos. If people aren't up to that, they can log onto the server I mentioned on my other post and download ones made by other users.

When you think about it, this whole thing can be worked around actually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2004, 12:40 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper
Or they could have the real NFL nicknames in the database from Dan & Peter's dialogue, then give us THE NEW feature where we can go in and dictate what they can say. Since Dan & Peter are always joking around anyhow, some dialogue for example, "Wow Dan he fired that off like a PATRIOT missle!" or "These guys are on a conquest... reminds me of the middle ages...like VIKINGS!" lol So on and so forth... then, since all the real nicknames have been cleverly placed within the voice database, all one has to do is associate them with their team. Tricks like that.

As for logos, include a simple art program to allow us to put together shapes and colors to make the real logos. If people aren't up to that, they can log onto the server I mentioned on my other post and download ones made by other users.

i like that idea
Old 12-21-2004, 01:06 AM   #7
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasin2K3
...Cranking out "ESPN Professional Football 2k6" with all fake teams, etc.. and including kickass editors for players, player pictures, stadiums, uniforms, names, etc.. on top of that, with technology like action replay, couldn't some anonymous person or group of people go out there, put everything together that needs to be together, and have people be able to download it? AR it to the XBOX, and voila, back to real teams, players, etc, and Sega never had to violate the agreement..? Anything to avoid buying an EA product for me I guess.
Because it's a big waste of money and it won't sell at all.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 12-21-2004, 01:07 AM   #8
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper

Not everyone owns an action replay and the lack sells won't be helped if people have to buy one just to get real looking teams.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »