Home

Anybody here actually looking forward to a Sega made football game without licensing?

This is a discussion on Anybody here actually looking forward to a Sega made football game without licensing? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2004, 02:35 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Anybody here actually looking forward to a Sega made football game without licensing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
You people can write and say how much it won't bother you, sorry I just don't believe that. The NFL license will mean more now then ever.
I agree that it will bother us. This is why Sega needs to make the game FULLY customizable so we can re-name the teams, re-design the uniforms, and create our own NFL logos to go on the helmets, the field, the fans, their signs and even the presentation overlays. If we are able to add all of these things ourself, then the game won't grow nearly as tiresome as you assert.
Old 12-22-2004, 03:59 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Anybody here actually looking forward to a Sega made football game without licensing?

...This is the perfect opportunity to PERFECT a college football game...
NCAA FB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
NCAA BB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
Old 12-22-2004, 09:38 PM   #19
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

I am really looking forward to Sega Football 2k6. I only play online now, and ESPN is so much better than Madden online, in my opinion.

If ESPN can add everything from franchises to drafts online, they can start to put a dent into EA's profits. It won't be easy, but I hope they try it.

Make ESPN the ULTIMATE online football experience.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:11 PM   #20
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
As much as I Love Sega/VC, I wouldn't do it, It wouldn't be the same and it would get dull/stale real fast. The more you kept playing it the more you will hear coming out of you mouth "damn I wish this had the NFL license" trust me you will be saying that more then you know. You people can write and say how much it won't bother you, sorry I just don't believe that. The NFL license will mean more now then ever. I just can't imagine playing with the New York starfighters instead of the New york Giants, sorry it will not fun or the same, well for me it won't. I just feel I won't get enjoy it at all. Thats just my opinion
What if Midway won the bid to gain the NFL License exclusively? Would EA's and VC's lack of a license be too much of a deterent to picking them up? It's more than just the license imo, it's also about that license being used on a good to great game. The game has to be good 1st before the license can really pay dividends.

Madden will most likely be good to great this year along with having the NFL's endorsement. I also believe 2k6 will be the same if it comes out but will be lacking NFL properties. For this reason I can see you making that choice. I also believe that the game can still be a good simulation minus real players/teams as it's about the gameplay in the end. VC will suffer in regards to sales to the casual fan, but the game could still be good/profitable without one.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 12-22-2004 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:20 PM   #21
MVP

FloridaGators's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Anybody here actually looking forward to a Sega made football game without licens

If I hadn't played Madden 2005 I wouldn't be excited to play Madden 2006. I wasn't going to play Madden 2005, since I was so disappointed with Madden 2004.

I really have to have a NFL license, and I guess Madden is good enough for me, though I'm really hurt not to see the ESPN series, possibly ever again for the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2004, 03:08 AM   #22
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Anybody here actually looking forward to a Sega made football game without licens

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
What if Midway won the bid to gain the NFL License exclusively? Would EA's and VC's lack of a license be too much of a deterent to picking them up? It's more than just the license imo, it's also about that license being used on a good to great game. The game has to be good 1st before the license can really pay dividends.

Madden will most likely be good to great this year along with having the NFL's endorsement. I also believe 2k6 will be the same if it comes out but will be lacking NFL properties. For this reason I can see you making that choice. I also believe that the game can still be a good simulation minus real players/teams as it's about the gameplay in the end. VC will suffer in regards to sales to the casual fan, but the game could still be good/profitable without one.
Yeah, I dont see what makes the license so important above gameplay. We played Madden back in the 90's when it was lacking a license, no reason we can't play ESPN/Sega Football, whatever they call it, without a license. The only thing we'll really miss out on with no license is all the throwback uniforms that ESPN had that weren't in Madden.. but they could probably still make the game customizable enough to at least let us come up with our own alternates & stuff anyway. I think it's more fun to play YOUR team with uniforms you designed than it is to play a standard NFL team anyway.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:59 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I think there a greater chance that EA will take a loss or a reduction of profits relative to their Madden series. 300 million over 5 years is a major investment. It may turn out that ESPN may be more profitable than Madden. Its not how much you sell but what is the cost of making the product. The added 60 mil is a great cost for this product.
EA plans to release at least 3 products/games with the NFL License:
a) Madden
b) Street
c) NFL Management Game

So the costs are spread over 3 games not only Madden.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:18 AM   #24
Rookie

MrTennessee's Arena

OVR: 3

when you get knocked down, you always get back up and fight harder and stronger, thus is what you will see Sega do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »