Home

EA Sports did it again. Like URsher, Jon and Luda

This is a discussion on EA Sports did it again. Like URsher, Jon and Luda within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2005, 01:56 PM   #9
Banned

Herd90XB's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: EA Sports did it again. Like URsher, Jon and Luda

I think it's humerous. Who wants an arena football game anyway? EA is running around buying exclusive licenses because they know they can't beat the competition with their product, so they attempt to beat them by locking them out.

Maybe they'll buy every license out there and one day we'll only be able to buy lame-a$$ EA games. Woo woo. Way to go EA.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:01 PM   #10
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

and i do stand corrected, it does say exclusive in there, lol. that's unnecessary. i wouldn't blame ea for trying to get into some type of partnership to bring in nonvideogame money if the opportunity was there but no need to drop more money than necessary for exclusive arena rights... vc must of scared the hell out of em.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:05 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 4

Or as the artcle says they have become a partner with the AFL To help devlop the league and get more teams into the league. Which could help them get more merchandise possibly through reebok into stores. To hopefully stop people from thinking the AFL is the NFLs unwanted step brother. AFL is on the rise to becoming popular, they could use some help. If you want to think of EA has a 500lb gorilla fine with me. Or maybe it is just that their board of directors is smarter then Segas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2005, 03:01 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

LBZ is right I just posted this at the Espn message board prior to coming here and seeing this post ,no one seems to understand whats really happining here.

"Its not the point that it will be a bad game or not. You guys have to understand that EA is cornering the sports market completly and some others in the process.In 5 or so yrs there will be no other small to midsize developers and you will be forced to play EA produced games.

This is bad real bad for the entire industry, look at the splinter cell guys (ubisoft)they are in a hostile takeover by EA and they are a family run ma and pop developer due you think EA will ever produce a game as good as splinter cell once they take it over completly of course not.Ive been saying this all along that Microsoft/Sega/Take Two better wake up and do it soon these takovers by EA will also effect the next Gen consoles.

Remember EA is in bed with sony/playstation and Xbox lovers will be getting ports only (designed for playstation 1st then xbox second) its already fact so crappy games are just the tip of the iceberg!"

Last edited by dguru; 01-10-2005 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:19 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Almost let LBz get away with doing a play on lyrics in an Usher song. You should be ashamed of yourself!!! LOL
LOL that song was on as I was checking the news this morning and I just put it with this LOL.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:35 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

What's next? The XFL??
Old 01-10-2005, 06:24 PM   #15
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

OVR: 9

wow, some of u just dont kno when to stop. im not a ea fanboy infact i owned madden for about month and returned it and only play espn now, but for one the AFL is a up and coming league and this will help big time, and it is another football game, it changes things up a bit instead of having 3 nfl games, im sure it will be a very exciting game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2005, 06:29 PM   #16
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
What's next? The XFL??
HEHATEME!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »