Home

Will default uniforms be important in a non-licensed football game

This is a discussion on Will default uniforms be important in a non-licensed football game within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2005, 11:00 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Will default uniforms be important in a non-licensed football game

Hey wwharton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
For the record, I certainly don't want VC to go away on the football front
Neither do I including a lot of NFL2kers around here.

Quote:
…but I also don't want to see the threads about how VC was stupid not to make this great generic customizable game come time to release the new madden.
I must admit that I was one of those critics, complaining that there will not be a generic title released this year. But then I had a conversation with my contact at ( ). She/He opened my eyes to the labor-intensive task ahead of them to make a generic football game thoroughly customizable. This sort of task cannot be done in less than 6 months. That said, the extra year of development time will have to be conceded.

Quote:
That usually starts with one person's idea ballooning into a bunch of different thoughts that may or may not be possible but then criticism coming when it doesn't happen.
Well, it is even more annoying when you have a lot of NFL2kers complaining about a certain aspect of that current year's NFL2k, and it STILL does not get addressed for the following year's. I do know what you are saying though.

Quote:
In short, I just won't be surprised if a lot of this stuff doesn't happen either b/c it's illegal, not beneficial financially or just not possible.
Doesn't happen? No that won't surprise me either. Illegal? This is an impossibility. Take Two, I am certain, has a legal department that makes sure they are out of litigation hell when they make this new generic pro football title. Financially beneficial? If it wasn't, the game would not get produced. Not possible? If the basis for this new type of gaming is solid, allowing us to customize to the limit of our own imagination, then I don't think there is a lot that isn't possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2005, 01:52 PM   #42
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

are you even reading the post or just trying to respond to sentences? I'll try to rephrase and you can see if your response is any different.

This and many other threads are full of all of these ideas of what the average joe thinks VC/TT should do with football. That's great but the tone is now of what is expected or even is going to happen when there are no VC/TT reps confirming or denying anything. So if any of these things mentioned by people that no nothing are illegal (putting out updates for 2k5 for the next 3 years, using logos and names close to the real thing, etc.) then the legal team of the company won't allow it and many will be mad b/c it wasn't in there since it's spoken as a done deal here. If any of these things aren't beneficial financially (market research will surely show the downfall in profit from going from an NFL licensed game to a generic one right on the tail of a time when desperate measures were taken to get close in the race) then it won't happen and people will complain. If any of these things are not possible (you yourself just posted about the ability to create a fully customizable game in the timeframe so how could you then, in the same post say there isn't a lot that's not possible?) then they won't happen and people will complain.

Expectations around here aren't realistic and it starts with reading things and distorting them and then posting on distorted views more things that are further distorted, etc, etc. When the smoke clears the rules of reality still have to be followed and I see many losing sight of reality.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:17 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 9

You are getting too wordy wwharton. Post your question/assertion in one sentence so I can respond to that.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:32 PM   #44
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Wordy? You completely chopped up what I said the first time and then broke it up so the responses don't make sense in regards to what I was saying. You want me to write it so you can do that again? If you can't understand what I'm saying in that point then I question your capability to respond. I know you can. All I did was give examples of the points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »