Home

Where Did They Go...

This is a discussion on Where Did They Go... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2005, 11:30 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Where Did They Go...

Where did all the good video game football sites go? I remember when there used to be a ton of them and now we would start getting some info about next year's version. Now, I can't find anything. Can anyone tell me where the sites are?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2005, 07:50 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Where Did They Go...

Maddenmania and OS are the two best. You're right there used to be others but just like in the business world they seemed to have just gotten beat plain and pure by the big guys. I'm not complaining, with MM and OS I don't really see a need for more as they provide great coverage IMO.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:50 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Maddenmania and OS are the two best. You're right there used to be others but just like in the business world they seemed to have just gotten beat plain and pure by the big guys. I'm not complaining, with MM and OS I don't really see a need for more as they provide great coverage IMO.
Indeed, MM and OS are at the top. I just wish we could get more tidbits about next year's game already. I remember last year around January we started to hear about next year's games.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:14 PM   #4
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

i'd be very surprised if you actually found any info on the upcoming football games in january. the first look at anything was from madden during the draft last year. news may have come slightly before (doubtful) or slightly after but never in january. in fact i'm pretty sure there were other posts like this around this time last year.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:55 PM   #5
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Here are two good sites:

NFL2KX.com(ESPN2KX.com)
Consolefootball.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2005, 06:22 PM   #6
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

I've tried other sites and am a member of some but none really get to the pure heart of video game sports like OS..."Da Spot" and Maddenmania IMO, the others just don't not like they're bad or anything "I" just don't feel the character of the site itself like OS has with its members and discussions that go on here,so I guess for me OS feels like home because this site has "Personality among its members and it shows by the way things and projects get done and handled around here which shows a graet effort and commitment to keeping and maintaining it as the "Best" sports site for video/Interactive games and disscussions within a reasonable realm of things as not to be offensive or biased towards anyone member or not.

I know that might sound like a bunch of hog wash to some but the long term members and others who've found this place comfortable would tend to agree a lot has happen and been discussed here along with some brillant work by guys who just have a passion for video sport/Interactive gaming some of them could teach these multi billion dollar companys a thing or two about how these games should work but we get the job done and then share some of that with whomever wants to seek that kind of knowledge.

Of course thats just my point of view as to why this site keeps the light burning and why maybe the others just don't attract and have the kind of member personality it takes to keep a site of this notariety "Hot" and repitable as an internet leader in the sports gaming community but again thats just my personal take on "Where Did They Go..."

Holla Back ya'll
Old 02-12-2005, 04:11 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 14

Quote:
So they reinstated you at MM after you were banned from there ?
Old 02-13-2005, 11:02 PM   #8
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
Here are two good sites:

NFL2KX.com(ESPN2KX.com)
Consolefootball.com
heres another: SimJox.com

We're fairly new on the scene (almost a year old) but we're growing. Stop by and check us out when you get a chance, ZoneBlitz.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »