Home

The AGRESSION rating.....the most important rating in the game??

This is a discussion on The AGRESSION rating.....the most important rating in the game?? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2005, 01:04 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: The AGRESSION rating.....the most important rating in the game??

I just edited every last defensive lineman for the ravens. I thought you said the defensive line was already up in the 90's for aggression. It turns out that this is NOT the case at least for the Ravens. Nobody was over 30. Let me see how this aggression rating affects the defensive line play.

Hmmm just what I thought. Jevon Kearse is an animal in this game because on the default roster his Aggression is a 99. Most teams have their Dlinemen in the 20's for aggression. Eagles have Kearse at 99 and the rest of the ends in the 80's except for Burgess. Their DT's are different. Simon is 79 then it drops to Grasmanis at 68 and the rest are below 50.

Last edited by LBzrule; 04-14-2005 at 01:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2005, 06:05 PM   #26
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I just edited every last defensive lineman for the ravens. I thought you said the defensive line was already up in the 90's for aggression. It turns out that this is NOT the case at least for the Ravens. Nobody was over 30. Let me see how this aggression rating affects the defensive line play.

Hmmm just what I thought. Jevon Kearse is an animal in this game because on the default roster his Aggression is a 99. Most teams have their Dlinemen in the 20's for aggression. Eagles have Kearse at 99 and the rest of the ends in the 80's except for Burgess. Their DT's are different. Simon is 79 then it drops to Grasmanis at 68 and the rest are below 50.
Damn, my bad. I just skimmed over some DL aggression ratings and saw some over 80 so I just assumed that it wasn't a problem.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:28 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Damn, my bad. I just skimmed over some DL aggression ratings and saw some over 80 so I just assumed that it wasn't a problem.
I checked every team, most guys are like 24 for some reason. There are a few that are over and a few really high, but most are low. I'm still trying to gauge how it affects the Dline vs Oline. Right now just looking at run defense.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:09 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I checked every team, most guys are like 24 for some reason. There are a few that are over and a few really high, but most are low. I'm still trying to gauge how it affects the Dline vs Oline. Right now just looking at run defense.
Guys, test away. It’s completely stupid that VC programmed the game this way: 25 Aggression and 10 Consistency… nonsense like that. I said it back in August / September: the only way to start getting the game to play the way actual NFL players play – the way these testosterone-steroid behemoths and athletes actually attack, chase and tackle – is to bump up those two ratings for EVERYBODY to at least 75.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »