Home

Its official!!!!!!!! No NFL 2k6

This is a discussion on Its official!!!!!!!! No NFL 2k6 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2005, 12:57 PM   #9
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Its official!!!!!!!! No NFL 2k6

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
EA also owns FIFA and WE11 took a big chunk out of their market. Its funny that VC didnt come out with a statement yet.
How is it funny? TT is trying to create a positive buzz with the titles they're showing at E3. If they were to run up a white flag at this juncture, it would be counterproductive.

I'm betting there won't be any announcement concerning 2k6, ever. We may not here anything on a football game from them until next year.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:59 PM   #10
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

seriously for the hundreds of people that keep trying to compare, there is no way you can compare soccer to the NFL in the united states for any reason. it's become laughable that DC United is trying to complain about the field conditions at RFK after Nationals games. americans don't really care about soccer like they do the MLB, NFL, NBA so it's much easier to succeed with a no name soccer game. comparing the two is like comparing apples and nuts.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:12 PM   #11
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
seriously for the hundreds of people that keep trying to compare, there is no way you can compare soccer to the NFL in the united states for any reason. it's become laughable that DC United is trying to complain about the field conditions at RFK after Nationals games. americans don't really care about soccer like they do the MLB, NFL, NBA so it's much easier to succeed with a no name soccer game. comparing the two is like comparing apples and nuts.
The key aspect is, there are soooo many football compettions that FIFA / EA holding some rights doesn't stop another game...

Ie, EA have the FIFA license...but Winning Eleven still has all the actual players + stadiums + leagues from spain, germany etc. Even the english league is there, you just need to rename it.

In other words, the size of the sport and the multitude of leagues + countries involved means that EA getting "exclusive" use of the FIFA brand means very little.

Unlike the NFL...where there's one single body and owning the rights is critical.

And the biggest difference of all is that Winning Eleven sells millions of copies worldwide.

Something no NFL game will ever do.

Thus the market for football (soccer) is much, much, much larger. Let's not kid anyone here, football (soccer) is about a million times bigger as a sport (world wide) than NFL.

There's just no comparison at all between Winning Eleven and a non licensed NFL game. None.

There won't be any NFL 2K6 from VC folks...sad as it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2005, 07:36 PM   #12
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Damn.

I still think that with hardwork, a 2K6 football game would have been sucessful. If looks that good and plays that good(which 2K5 was very close too), I think people will buy. Maybe I'm too optimistic but that's what I truly believe.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:04 PM   #13
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Damn.

I still think that with hardwork, a 2K6 football game would have been sucessful. If looks that good and plays that good(which 2K5 was very close too), I think people will buy. Maybe I'm too optimistic but that's what I truly believe.
In theory I agree with that...

In practical terms...VC / Take 2 would have to decide:

cost of the game production + potential legal challenges from EA / NFL + promoting the game with no NFL players + no online rights endorsed by NFL

against

a hard core base who just want a good football game.

Sadly, in practical terms...that just does not add up. Thus = no game.

The bottom line though is the f-ing NFL should never have sold the rights as an exclusive. In this era of next gen consoles...no competition in NFL gaming just isn't right
Old 05-16-2005, 08:52 PM   #14
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Its a shame but I'm already over it. IMO, it was nearly impossible to top the sucess of 2K5 in gameplay terms. I still find 2k5 to be enjoyable and it may even be my football game of choice next season.
It definitely will be mine thanks to Finn, xrob, Nick, noplace, etc.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:14 PM   #15
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm glad because hopefully they can put more focus into College Hoops 2k6
What I'm Currently Listening To
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2005, 10:22 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3
Thumbs down Re: Its official!!!!!!!! No NFL 2k6

I can't believe people won't let ESPN 2K5 rest in peace. Once the XBOX 360 hits the market...who will really care, especially if it is not backwards compatible. No one will be playing ESPN football anyway. It will be like the guys who tried to keep NFL Fever alive. Poor saps....just can't move on. I was a ESPN fan but ESPN Football 2K series is past tense. Madden 360 is the future. People need to move on. I come to these boards for information and all people do is whine about 2K . Take Two doesn't care about you! They don't even have the balls to make an announcement to their fans stating there will be no NFL2K6. What a company

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »