Home

Can this game get any more fun!?!

This is a discussion on Can this game get any more fun!?! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2005, 06:04 PM   #17
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Can this game get any more fun!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberstabone
Is there a way you can cycle thru your receivers in FPF?
- Start an FPF game
- Pause the game and go to "Options"
- Go to "Game Options"
- Turn "FPF Receiver Progression" ON

Also for a lil bit more realism and added challenge...

- Switch "Play Calling" style to 'Let Coach Pick'
- Switch Gamespeed to "Fast"

To remain as the QB after you've thrown the ball...

- Turn "FPF Auto swap to Receiver" OFF

Enjoy!
Old 08-12-2005, 09:02 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9

You can also use the right stick to juke when you are running. I can't believe so many people drool over this feature in NCAA 06 when it was in 2k5 last year.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:35 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Nice post and totally agree!
Old 08-12-2005, 09:52 PM   #20
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
You can also use the right stick to juke when you are running. I can't believe so many people drool over this feature in NCAA 06 when it was in 2k5 last year.
I would have to agree with this statement. What many "HARDCORE" Madden, Gameday, and Fever fans forget is that the NFL2K series has always been an innovator and ahead of their time.

Madden has been around since 1989, NFL Gameday was since 1996, and NFL Fever was since 2001. All 3 games did do little things that was amazing, but none of these franchises ever provided the full tv style presentation of the NFL2K series that made this game feel like you were really watching an actual football game.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:19 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 13

After a complete boycott of Madden shortly after the 05 version was released. I went back to the 2K series. Even the 03 version has graphics and presentation that you could easily see in the new next gen systems(IMO) My favorite though is 2K4. The passing game is more to my liking than 05 and the running game is a little better than 03. But-would I ditch any of these games? not on your life! they are all keepers and I will continue my franchise until the disc dies. Heck, I might even snag up backup copies and stash them off so if one of my discs goes south on me:I'm good to go. It is football season. When I'm at work all day,I stay hyped knowing there is some good ole' football waiting for me to get into. Thank you-I'm enjoying the ESPN posts and glad it's still alive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2005, 10:39 PM   #22
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
This is true but I find it great to use in NCAA while I never used it in 2K5. I think part of the problem for me was I didn't like to take my finger of the x button because I was charging. Its a shame too because of all the moves you could make with the R stick but for me, it was easier to juke with the shoulder buttons because I was always charging. I'm not a great stick jockey.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:22 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Same with the Truck button, all my friends keep raving about the new truck button this year in madden, and im like sh*T i have been trucking people over in the 2k series using the Triangle button on the Ps2 for the past 3 yrs
Old 08-13-2005, 11:42 PM   #24
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Now this is what I've been talkin' about all along,everything said by you guys tells me we've got some really deticated and serious fans of the 2K series and believe it or not for me the 2K series will go on for a long time until 2K6 and if it doesn't happen soon enough theres plenty to do as you've guys stated with the series and games opening up features we're just beginning to get into great thread Graphik I like were your heads at.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
2K Forever and ever and ever...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »