Home

FlyingFinn's NFL2K5 Gamesave Editor 2.0

This is a discussion on FlyingFinn's NFL2K5 Gamesave Editor 2.0 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2005, 09:09 PM   #57
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: FlyingFinn's NFL2K5 Gamesave Editor 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Same problem, It seems to happen when I loaded the file on the xbox.
I'm glad I haven't edited anyone in the editor yet? Only thing that I have done is mess around with attributes which doesn't affect the game when the roster file is used.

Everyone that has run into this problem. Have you been keeping count of how many players have gone through edits?
Old 09-18-2005, 10:03 PM   #58
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56
I'm glad I haven't edited anyone in the editor yet? Only thing that I have done is mess around with attributes which doesn't affect the game when the roster file is used.

Everyone that has run into this problem. Have you been keeping count of how many players have gone through edits?
No, but I have kept a clean file just in case something like this happened. Boy I'll tell you if its not one thing its another. But cant complain too much, Finn has given us hope
Old 09-18-2005, 10:18 PM   #59
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
No, but I have kept a clean file just in case something like this happened. Boy I'll tell you if its not one thing its another. But cant complain too much, Finn has given us hope
I'll drink to that.

We may not have NFL2K6 this year, but there is some hope to try and get this game fixed with new rosters and playbooks.

This is what I have done. I have created a seperate file for each thing that I add to the roster. I have saved 3 versions so far. I have tested the files and so has RDMercer and so far no problems. I have been building upon each roster save with updates.

When I reach the final version, that is when I will do the editing to add new players (but a few at a time w/ testing). This way if the editing freezes the game, I will have a previous roster file that I could fall back to.

Last edited by CaptainZombie; 09-18-2005 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:07 PM   #60
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56
I'll drink to that.

We may not have NFL2K6 this year, but there is some hope to try and get this game fixed with new rosters and playbooks.

This is what I have done. I have created a seperate file for each thing that I add to the roster. I have saved 3 versions so far. I have tested the files and so has RDMercer and so far no problems. I have been building upon each roster save with updates.

When I reach the final version, that is when I will do the editing to add new players (but a few at a time w/ testing). This way if the editing freezes the game, I will have a previous roster file that I could fall back to.
I do the same thing I've finally downloaded the editor I like it a lot I'll post my results later. I hear of the mis-spellings that's why Finn wanted to test but some guys are impatient.

Gamertag XRob da Realist
Old 09-18-2005, 11:17 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I would need the before (the file before you edited in the new version) and after version of the files. Also, info like how many players were overwritten already in the before file? Was the in-game rename limit already reached? How many players did you rename in the editor? Did you pick names as advised or did you type a new name an overwrite? etc...
Yes, on the before file the max in-game rename limit was reached.

And I typed the names in the editor, it'd ask if I wanted to change to it, and I'd select yes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2005, 12:15 AM   #62
MVP

I think we will have to edit all the names in the editor before maxing out the renaming limit in the game. Or it may be a problem or bug on Finns side but I'm not the one to point fingers.

Gamertag XRob da Realist
Old 09-19-2005, 12:24 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

I try something different, I use the last VC roster, and just edit about 7 existing players. When I load it back into the Xbox all the names of players was missing in same teams. And some teams all the names was still there, and other teams maybe 6 to 9 names was still there. Whats up with that.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:36 AM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetime90
I try something different, I use the last VC roster, and just edit about 7 existing players. When I load it back into the Xbox all the names of players was missing in same teams. And some teams all the names was still there, and other teams maybe 6 to 9 names was still there. Whats up with
that.
What happens in franchises any mess ups. I'm going to load my file into the game now and see what happens.

Gamertag XRob da Realist

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »