Home

Testers Needed for new version.

This is a discussion on Testers Needed for new version. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2005, 05:44 PM   #17
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Testers Needed for new version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boricua1111
I stupidly uninstalled the program and never backed up the file. Does this new version let me edit the players ratings so i can apply the global edits, then save the roster? I know I can't use them in a franchise, but what I was going to do was combine all the great players for each team and make one dynasty team (Combine all the Steelers greats and put them on one Steeler Team). Can you do that from in-game or with the editor? I am not familiar with the name limit.
The last installer I put up has auto-backup broken so you need to download version 2.0.1.109 to fix it again. But once you have that installed, if you have auto-backup checked, even if you uninstall, the backed up game saves will not be deleted.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:07 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

I didn't have any luck on the overwriting names

It still would erase and mix & match portions of names after I transffered the file to Xbox. It didn't show in the editor until I closed and re-opened the saved file.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:16 PM   #19
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickChew
I didn't have any luck on the overwriting names

It still would erase and mix & match portions of names after I transffered the file to Xbox. It didn't show in the editor until I closed and re-opened the saved file.
Can you send me your before and after file along with what you did? Also, what is the version number of the editor?

Thanks,
Finn
Old 09-22-2005, 09:53 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hey Finn,

1 - Can I edit historical player attribues, leaving the team and player names
alone?

2 - Can someone explain to me the name limit issue? I am not aware what it is
Old 09-22-2005, 10:04 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Finn...I think the problem with the renaming function is that it does not seem to do the same thing as when you rewrite players in the game. When i load my roster into your editor I see that I can select now the names that I created (in game onlY) as well as the old names of the players I overwrote.

From what you said in an earlier post (if I understood correctly), rewriting players with names not in the default list should replace the name in the list. Meaning if I rewrote T.J. Holowell with Lousaka Polite using your editor I could use 'Lousaka' and 'Polite' to create new names but would lose the ability to create names using 'T.J.' or 'Holowell'

This is not the case when I simply rewrite these names in the game. Both sets of names are still in the list.

I hope this helps
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2005, 11:03 PM   #22
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallydog
Finn...I think the problem with the renaming function is that it does not seem to do the same thing as when you rewrite players in the game. When i load my roster into your editor I see that I can select now the names that I created (in game onlY) as well as the old names of the players I overwrote.

From what you said in an earlier post (if I understood correctly), rewriting players with names not in the default list should replace the name in the list. Meaning if I rewrote T.J. Holowell with Lousaka Polite using your editor I could use 'Lousaka' and 'Polite' to create new names but would lose the ability to create names using 'T.J.' or 'Holowell'

This is not the case when I simply rewrite these names in the game. Both sets of names are still in the list.

I hope this helps
I know that is the way it works in the game... That is why you run out of room and can't rename any more players in game. I actually overwrite the name so you don't run out of room.

I just need some people to try it with the latest version because I don't see any problems when I do it here. If someone gets the problem, I need the before and after files along with what they did so I can reproduce here and debug. Since I can't reproduce the problem, it is impossible to fix.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:53 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Alright, I used a version of my save without the rename help, then I messed around renaming people (random like "sdghshg"), and it affected the teams (player names blank)

Here's a before and after

BEFORE:

http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/pryms...sterBEFORE.zip

AFTER EDIT

http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/pryms...osterAFTER.zip
Old 09-23-2005, 05:50 PM   #24
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Claypool
Alright, I used a version of my save without the rename help, then I messed around renaming people (random like "sdghshg"), and it affected the teams (player names blank)

Here's a before and after

BEFORE:

http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/pryms...sterBEFORE.zip

AFTER EDIT

http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/pryms...osterAFTER.zip
Here is every player with a default player name overwritten to Les ClayPool. If you have a chance, let me know if it works as I don't have Xbox access at this time. NOTE: make sure you don't overwrite your good save since I had to "operate" on your "before" file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_2005RosterBEFORE.zip (248.2 KB, 4 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »