Home

2K Football Next Gen Ideas......

This is a discussion on 2K Football Next Gen Ideas...... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2005, 12:17 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: 2K Football Next Gen Ideas......

Wouldnt mind seeing them do a customize game and have it like FOF. You start from scratch with a new league and have records, hof etc...fake players etc. Like a brand new league but from scratch. Not sure how well that would sale though. Put something like NFL Legends where you can play eith them as well and it might move some more units. I think a fully customized game is what we all want from them
Old 10-09-2005, 01:07 AM   #18
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I think a fully customized game is what we all want from them
here's the thing though....

ya everyone here would love to have a custom game...

but how many people outside of these forums would want it?

probably not many...

bottom line, im not sure it would be profitable for them to make a non-nfl football game.

they need to take all that extra manpower from the football team, and put towards NBA, NHL, and their hockey game
Old 10-09-2005, 12:53 PM   #19
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

quanity doesn't equal quality. I've got NBA2k6 and I'm VERY happy with what that team did and from what I hear the team they had working on the hockey game did a damn good job too. Don't confuse "not make a profit" with "not compete with Madden" b/c I think a lot of people speak as if they are the same thing. The profit only means they make more money than it cost them to make the game.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:11 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 13

The best thing that Take 2 could do to make the game fully customizable would be to create the generic game that everyone has requested with improvements to the great gameplay of the series already.

Here's the kicker: Sign FlyingFinn to a contract and give him exclusive rights to create the program that will add team names, cities, logos, colors and correct rosters and schedules to play this game with the 'NFL' flavor that EA has denied us. FlyingFinn would charge about $20 for the editor (some of that would go back to Take 2 as part of the exclusive arrangement).

Take 2 would also need to amend their server code to allow gamers to play this game with all of the customizations ONLINE!

The only drawback to this plan is this: If Take 2 gave us all of these options, what incentive is there for us to buy the game the following year?

Also, I could see EA trying to sign FlyingFinn to a contract just to keep him from making such an editor and block Take 2 from this plan.

Finn has done such an incredible job with his editor. It is through his efforts that we are still playing this game today with current rosters.

BigBlue
Old 10-11-2005, 02:31 PM   #21
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

I think crowds should play a huge factor in the game. The crowd should be dynamic with what's going on with the field. See: NCAA 2003-2006. The crowd should be pumped in a tough, exciting game or against a rival and dull in a blowout.

Also, I'm really liking the name editor idea. To be honest, it could be so easy just to name all the starters and people you know off your head, I would think alot of people wouldn't really bother naming every single player. Just make naming the top players quick and easy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2005, 08:14 PM   #22
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Guys,
You have alot of great ideas that would consume tons of fans!@!! That would be deep and addicting.. Also I think it would be bad a@@ to hire Flyin Finn to create rosters and updates. Would be a kick but game.... 2ksports take these Idea and run with them. I agree a 2k legends would be pretty cool but year after year would it get annoying>>> I think so. In the nfl There are different names every year. Tons of them. but how many nfl players retire every year.???
Old 10-16-2005, 05:13 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am happy just playing nfl fever 2003, nfl2k2( dc ) , 2k3( xbox ), espn2k4 ( xbox ) and nfl2k5 ( xbox ), nfl blitz 2001 ( dc ) , but i think it would be cool if someone would just make a next generation football game, just for kicks. Meaning, seeing one football game on the market is a little bit stupid.

blitz the league is on my buy list too, but i wouldnt mind if 2k came out with a fake football game, with next generation graphics and gameplay.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:49 PM   #24
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

There are some good ideas in this thread. I hope vc will have something for us soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »