Home

Solutions for AI glitches

This is a discussion on Solutions for AI glitches within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2006, 01:03 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Solutions for AI glitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I would also suggest that catch at 5 for LB's and DB's is still too high. It's amazing how many INT's occur even at those values.

Question for you.....with aggression so low do you have DB's reacting significantly too late (unrealistic) to the runner breaking past the LB's?? I like your theory, I just wonder how it's looking.
Catching at 5 for LB's and DB's is still too high????? Are you kidding me??? On legend, my LB's and DB's are horrible when it comes to getting INT's. The best game I had INT wise was yesterday. I was playing as the Eagles and Lewis had 4 INT's and Wynn had 1 INT TD. I was playing the Jaguars in Philly in heavy snow. Of course, that was a "quick game". Quick game is much easier on legend then franchise is. In franchise, the CPU is smarter then in meaningless games.

I have all LB's at 20 for catching and 10 for secure ball. I hate it when a pass is thrown right to the LB and he drops it. That's bullcrap. In reality, when the QB throws a pass right into the chest of a LB, its intercepted 9 times out of 10.

As for CB, SS and FS, I have them set at 40 for catching and secure ball. I'm sorry but this isnt high at all because on legend, all the sliders are severly against you to begin with. I hate it when the QB lobs a pass and my safety jumps up and tries to INT the ball by catching it into his stomach/chest area and then drops the ball. That drives me nuts. An easy lob should be intercepted especially if the DB is wide open and just standing there waiting for the ball.

On offense, if you're throwing a lot of INT's, then well -

1) You stink and need to practice bud
2) You need to pick better passing plays and not have all the receivers going to the same area. That's like doomsday.
3) You need to stop forcing the pass which will result in an INT 90% of the time. Of course, when you're forcing the pass (especially if you're off balance), you should be throwing an INT.

My main problem has always been that my DB's dont get INT's when they easily should. The CPU isnt as unlucky.

The funny thing is that in 2k3, this problem doesnt exist because all the sliders are even for both the player and CPU.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:08 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Question for you.....with aggression so low do you have DB's reacting significantly too late (unrealistic) to the runner breaking past the LB's?
hello~.. thanks for advise.... ok.. IMO, loweing DB's aggression has nothing to do with db's reactions.... I picked ravens teams for testing and still DB's covers running pretty well, that's why I decided to put down DB's "run coverage" below 50....... i think it's been better this way...

my goal is to provide realictic game towards ALL-PRO slider... here is reason why, IMO all-pro provide most balance play calling by CPU... if you tweak too much cpu slider then they will pass way way more than running.... In my edit, A.I offense and human defense skill is about right there... but problem is human running game is still dominating over cpu D....... so... I plan to lower my running back, such as break tackle rating, speed........I need to work on these for tough gameplay in all-pro slider....

oh, here's other suggestion.....
all WR catching rating min 80..... starters min 90....
RB, TE catching rating min 75......
for less dropping........

and of course I am using finn's editor to fix these rating.... there is no way I can go player by player fixing rating...haha. takes too much times..^^ I really thank to Finn to provide most awesome editor....

one more thing, who do you guys recommend for latest rosters???? I am about to start making in few days......

Last edited by MOoNk; 03-02-2006 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:43 PM   #19
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Well, maybe guys have the wrong impression about how often interceptions happen, but throw out the high and low of the NFL starters and we're talking about 1 INT/game/QB.....that's it.

As far as what SHOULD happen in a game and how the game emulates the real NFL are two different things. If you want to try to capture what really happens statistics wise in game, then something has to give. Since the QB AI isn't the brightest in the world and may throw a ball to the chest of your LB defender more than he normally would in real life......and your "9 out of 10" statistic is actually true.... then he would probably be benched for doing that more than 2x in a game..... or wouldn't be starting at all.

As far as a roster base to start from, Rickster's is pretty accurate. I don't know about his latest version, but past versions had some guys sitting in FA when they shouldn't have been and he also associates pictures for guys who don't have one, which is not desirable to me. I'd rather have no pic. PBP has been changed around for some guys too whose names are actually there....so I don't understand why he did.

Last edited by daflyboys; 03-02-2006 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:58 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Well, maybe guys have the wrong impression about how often interceptions happen, but throw out the high and low of the NFL starters and we're talking about 1 INT/game/QB.....that's it.
I got what you are saying.... I probably lower more catching rating as you suggested... and don;t put int slider at 0... put it at 20.... less INT at 20...
Old 03-02-2006, 03:25 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
1 INT per game per QB isnt accurate because some teams run more then pass so obviously the INT ratio will be low. Also, some starting QB's get injured and you cant go by those QB's. Besides, when playing franchise, im lucky if I average an INT a game and finish team wise with at least 16 INT's in a season on legend. All you guys who adjust and edit the gameplay sliders will just mess up the AI because the game has to adjust to the changes you are making. In franchise, if you change the gameplay sliders every few games, the AI will always be flawed when you're playing because the CPU doesnt know how to adjust with all the changes. Also, I play 5 minute quarters on legend as is. If you guys are playing 10-15 minute quarters, then of course you need to lower all those attributes because look how much time you're playing in a game. Its like all those morons who say "I rushed for 500, 800 or 1000 yards a game or I passed for like 12 TD's or 1500 yards in a game". Of course, you're going to get those stats because of the quarter length. I think my stats are pretty realistic with 5 minute quarters on legend. I usually get around 3500 yards passing and around 1000-1200 yards rushing which is pretty good. Sometimes, stats may be more or less depending on injuries or who your starting QB/RB are. The most INT's I ever had as a team in a season on legend was 18 which I think is pretty realistic especially if im playing with a good defensive team like the Eagles. Also, while I may have a game here and there throughout my season with 2 and 3 or more INT's a game, I will also go several games without an INT as well so in end, it all evens out.

Quote:
As far as what SHOULD happen in a game and how the game emulates the real NFL are two different things. If you want to try to capture what really happens statistics wise in game, then something has to give. Since the QB AI isn't the brightest in the world and may throw a ball to the chest of your LB defender more than he normally would in real life......and your "9 out of 10" statistic is actually true.... then he would probably be benched for doing that more than 2x in a game..... or wouldn't be starting at all.
Why people try to get a video game to play realistic is beyond me. No football video game will ever play realistic. Period. QB AI isnt bad but it also depends on sliders, quarter length and atributes. Once you start messing around with all that stuff, the game is going to be screwed up. The QB maybe throws a pass to a LB's chest maybe once a game but the longer the quarter length, the higher the percentage goes up.

Quote:
As far as a roster base to start from, Rickster's is pretty accurate. I don't know about his latest version, but past versions had some guys sitting in FA when they shouldn't have been and he also associates pictures for guys who don't have one, which is not desirable to me. I'd rather have no pic. PBP has been changed around for some guys too whose names are actually there....so I don't understand why he did.
At least we agree on one thing. I hate those fake photos on players. Why anyone would want to see Alex Smith with Tim Couch's photo is beyond me.

Last edited by dan77733; 03-02-2006 at 03:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2006, 03:43 PM   #22
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
1 INT per game per QB isnt accurate because some teams run more then pass so obviously the INT ratio will be low. Also, some starting QB's get injured and you cant go by those QB's.
I went with the minimum of 8/9 games which is legitimate. So they get hurt? Very few QB's, let alone any players, play all 16 games through the season. I looked at the numbers...I'm telling you it's around 1 per game (take away Brett Favre this past year and also throw out the low end, which statistically is the sound thing to do.

Quote:
Why people try to get a video game to play realistic is beyond me. No football video game will ever play realistic. Period. QB AI isnt bad but it also depends on sliders, quarter length and atributes. Once you start messing around with all that stuff, the game is going to be screwed up. The QB maybe throws a pass to a LB's chest maybe once a game but the longer the quarter length, the higher the percentage goes up.
Why not? If the game acts and reacts like real life counterparts, then why not try to have it play to as close as real life as possible. I know the reason I try to do it is so I can further my enjoyment of the real game throughout the year as much as I possibly can. If not, then just erase all the names and make everyone the same size, skill level and appearance.

Quote:
At least we agree on one thing. I hate those fake photos on players.
Marry me.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:27 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
I went with the minimum of 8/9 games which is legitimate. So they get hurt? Very few QB's, let alone any players, play all 16 games through the season. I looked at the numbers...I'm telling you it's around 1 per game (take away Brett Favre this past year and also throw out the low end, which statistically is the sound thing to do.
I dont bother researching stats. I just wait until the summer and buy a football book that has all the information I need. Looking through all the stats is a pain in the *** and takes to long. Easier to look in a book.

Anyway, like I said, the most INT's I ever had was 18 in a season which I think is good. Of course, if I was playing with a crappy defense, my INT's would be lower. If you're playing more then 5 minutes a quarter, then of course, you need to adjust everything because there's more time in each game to increase stats.

Quote:
Why not? If the game acts and reacts like real life counterparts, then why not try to have it play to as close as real life as possible. I know the reason I try to do it is so I can further my enjoyment of the real game throughout the year as much as I possibly can. If not, then just erase all the names and make everyone the same size, skill level and appearance.
I think you misunderstood my point. When you're playing, dont you have like two or three times a game where something happens and you say "thats not realistic"? I do. Not a lot but here and there. For example, I was playing with the Eagles against the Texans in Houston in quick game. I threw a pass to Pinkston, he caught the ball, was hit, fumbled and lost the ball. I challenged it because he never had possession of the ball. The call was upheld which was bullcrap especially since I would have gotten an extra challenge if it was reversed. I won a challenge the play before for "catch in/out of bounds" on the sideline. Next thing I know, im having a 28-28 game and was able to win with a game ending FG after Carr threw an INT with :28 left. I replayed that play several times and it was in no way, shape or form, a completion and a fumble. This brings me to my point - no matter how hard the developers or the players try, the game will never ever be 100% realistic. Its just simply not going to happen.

Quote:
Marry me.
Uhhh, thanks for the offer but unless you're Stacy Keibler, no thanks.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:52 PM   #24
Rookie

^^
I believe this game is very close to realistic without glitches... This game is out for over 2 years but i am still impressed on animations.....and fact is this game is best football game upto this date...... that's why we are trying to keep playing.... hopefully 2k bring back football game somehow soon...

Last edited by MOoNk; 03-02-2006 at 05:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »