Home

Solutions for AI glitches

This is a discussion on Solutions for AI glitches within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2006, 11:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Solutions for AI glitches

Hello~.... guess what?? Finally, I found out how to FIX glitches in this game..... Include myself, I know most of you spent lots lots of times find right sliders for better(realistic) gameplay but personally, no slider satisfied me because of DB and QB glitches....
ok, Here is my story, I recently downloaded final official rosters from VC and put all players(even QB) AGGRESSIVENESS rating at 0 using Finn's editor and guess what~ I was really really surprised by AI's performance on ALL-PRO level....

- biggest improvement was AI QB... I never saw AI QB stand in the pocket that much long and throw to opening receiver... I even saw they walk around the pocket before throwing...^^
-AI RB runs better route and lots break tackles...
-DB no more circles ^^
-you can also fix INT issues by lowering LB, DB's catching rating to below 5..

one more thing COVERAGE slider seems like reversed...... AI passing is better when human coverage sliders at 40.... (mayb not).. need more tests on this...

hopefully this is good news for everyone who still playing this game....

Last edited by MOoNk; 03-01-2006 at 12:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2006, 05:31 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Solutions for AI glitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOoNk
Hello~.... guess what?? Finally, I found out how to FIX glitches in this game..... Include myself, I know most of you spent lots lots of times find right sliders for better(realistic) gameplay but personally, no slider satisfied me because of DB and QB glitches....
ok, Here is my story, I recently downloaded final official rosters from VC and put all players(even QB) AGGRESSIVENESS rating at 0 using Finn's editor and guess what~ I was really really surprised by AI's performance on ALL-PRO level....

- biggest improvement was AI QB... I never saw AI QB stand in the pocket that much long and throw to opening receiver... I even saw they walk around the pocket before throwing...^^
-AI RB runs better route and lots break tackles...
-DB no more circles ^^
-you can also fix INT issues by lowering LB, DB's catching rating to below 5..

one more thing COVERAGE slider seems like reversed...... AI passing is better when human coverage sliders at 40.... (mayb not).. need more tests on this...

hopefully this is good news for everyone who still playing this game....

Can you please post here an AR file with the roster you used that includes all the editings you have done?
Thanks a lot!
What about sliders?Can you tell us which set of sliders you use?
Old 03-01-2006, 09:35 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
...I recently downloaded final official rosters from VC and put all players(even QB) AGGRESSIVENESS rating at 0 using Finn's editor and guess what~ I was really really surprised by AI's performance on ALL-PRO level....
The problem with this is that it renders play action plays useless since no one bites on the play action, and to a lesser extent, draw plays.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:27 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmo23
The problem with this is that it renders play action plays useless since no one bites on the play action, and to a lesser extent, draw plays.
did you even tried??? my AI RB killed me on draw plays.... PA plays also worked on both sides....

Bascape666/ I can't tell you what sliders is best because I am still working on it.... try all-pro first and see what happens...... I tried "Zero" sliders and it also worked pretty well.... ******** type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2221238", true);
Old 03-01-2006, 04:57 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
did you even tried??? my AI RB killed me on draw plays.... PA plays also worked on both sides....

Bascape666/ I can't tell you what sliders is best because I am still working on it.... try all-pro first and see what happens...... I tried "Zero" sliders and it also worked pretty well.... ******** type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2221238", true);
Not sure what sliders you are playing with, but on Legenary or harder sliders it is near impossible to get a draw play or a PA to work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2006, 08:45 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmo23
Not sure what sliders you are playing with, but on Legenary or harder sliders it is near impossible to get a draw play or a PA to work.
currently, I am using all-pro sliders with human coverage at 40, cpu coverage at 0........ also increased cpu's fatigue sliders for better performance..... u also need to raise wr catch rating up a little... because I noticed too many drop passes by WR cause lower pass comp %.....
Old 03-01-2006, 09:01 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

I will have to try out ur suggestions Mok.

Gamertag XRob da Realist
Old 03-01-2006, 10:27 PM   #8
Rookie

I just played 2k4 to see what makes gameplay so good....and I felt OL plays much much better in 2k4.... OL pass/run blocking was sooo good that gives extra times to qb making good decision... I am gonna to raise overall AI pass/run blocking rating and see what happens....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »