Home

ESPN2K5 on PS2

This is a discussion on ESPN2K5 on PS2 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2006, 06:47 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: ESPN2K5 on PS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Nope, I don't think the PS2 game implements custom stadium music even with the hard drive...
I bough the PS2 version today and its features list is the same as the xbox if you have an HDD
Old 06-06-2006, 06:04 PM   #10
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
I bough the PS2 version today and its features list is the same as the xbox if you have an HDD
Really, when you fired up the game did you find a way to customize stadium music?
Old 06-06-2006, 08:10 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Really, when you fired up the game did you find a way to customize stadium music?
The set up is there just like the Xbox, but I don't have a HDD for the PS2, to save music ect...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2006, 11:33 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

the set-up is there u can customize music from the tracks that are in the game...but no saved real world music (like t.i..lil wayne,usher,lilijohn) and stuff like that..just the in game music (aceleyone,people under the stairs,j-boog,pa select hits)...!!! come on space COWBODY!!! lol,lol
Old 06-07-2006, 11:51 AM   #13
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

I still have my XBox copy, but no XBox. My brother still has the PS2 copy and since he is a Madden-head I am sure that he will give me his copy.

That being said, before I go and trade in my PS2 to repurchase the XBox (thanks alot for not putting this on the BC list MS!), is the gameplay the same on both systems? I am sure the graphics and xtras are better on the XBox version, but I am only conserned about the gameplay.

Does anyone else feel totally ripped off like I do? I go out and buy a next-gen system for $400 and I wind up using my PS2 for 2 out of 3 of my sports gaming (MLB2006 and now possibly NFL2K5.). And since I only play sports games, I really feel like a moron. At least I get to enjoy NBA2K6 on next-gen so I shouldn't complain right?
Old 06-07-2006, 12:08 PM   #14
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

I have only limited experience w/the Xbox version of 2k5, but to me it seemed that the gameplay was identical. One thing - I don't know if this was just a PS2 thing, but the are some fairly serious slowdown issues that only occur when playing games at certain stadiums (Pitts. and New England leap to mind).

The real drawback to the PS2 version is that since you won't be able to use FF's editor for this version, updating the rosters is extremely difficult.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:36 PM   #15
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

OVR: 5

I do update PS2 and it is nice for people to realize the challenge it presents. It is not impossible. Last year it was a labor of love, this year I have it down to an art form. It still takes a while, but I started earlier and did a lot of planning to prevent having to undo lots of stuff. It will still take 200 hours or so. I've already put in 110.

It plays great. I bought Madden 2006 at Christmas and was bored out of my skull after about 4 days. It plays a Hell of a lot better than that. Trust me, it's sweet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2006, 12:52 PM   #16
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

200 HOURS?!!

You are seriously committed....

Last edited by coogrfan; 06-07-2006 at 01:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »