Home

ESPN2K5 on PS2

This is a discussion on ESPN2K5 on PS2 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2006, 11:32 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
ESPN2K5 on PS2

For the gentlemen who has played this game and continues to update and play this game on the PS2, I was wondering how does it play? I ask because I'm getting a PS3 and I would like to purchase this game simply because of

1. PS3 has a HD(custom music)
2. Sharing files on the PS3, is just like the PSP so rosters are easily updated
3. Up scaling games on PS3

These are just a few reasons other than if Madden doesn't pan out, I will still have a great football game upscaled to the highest resolution.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2006, 06:03 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: ESPN2K5 on PS2

I still play 2K5 on the Xbox and have been looking forward to playing it on the 360 on day when it's compatible. I never thought about the PS2 version till now. PS3 is going to be compatible will PS2 games so 2K5 should be playable day one. I have been dead set on getting a 360 but you've given me food for thought.
I've played it on both Xbox and PS2. Both versions are really good. Xbox getting the step up though, but an enhanced PS2 version on the PS3 would be sweet. Just remember that 2K5 is not Madden. The gameplay is great IMO and alot of other people's mind.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:27 PM   #3
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Food for thought:

Updating the PS2 version of the game presents alot more challenges then updating the xbox version... Also, the PS2 version will not support custom stadium music on the PS3 even if the PS3 supports custom soundtracks... Therefore, you can have music playing while you play the game but it won't be as though the music is playing in the stadium at the correct times (i.e. after TD, sack etc..) like the xbox version.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:44 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Food for thought:

Updating the PS2 version of the game presents alot more challenges then updating the xbox version... Also, the PS2 version will not support custom stadium music on the PS3 even if the PS3 supports custom soundtracks... Therefore, you can have music playing while you play the game but it won't be as though the music is playing in the stadium at the correct times (i.e. after TD, sack etc..) like the xbox version.
Thats cool I can live with that, as long as we can share files like the PSP.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:06 PM   #5
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Food for thought:

You are a master of understatement. Updating rosters without the benefit of your Xbox version editing software is imo virtually impossible. For anyone interested in continuing to play this game, the Xbox is by far the better choice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2006, 10:07 PM   #6
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
You are a master of understatement. Updating rosters without the benefit of your Xbox version editing software is imo virtually impossible. For anyone interested in continuing to play this game, the Xbox is by far the better choice.

Not if the only next-gen console that let's you play it online is the PS3.

For me, whichever next-gen console allows me to continue to play NFL 2K5 online is the one that I am going to purchase. If neither does, then I will stick with current gen until 2K finally turns the servers off.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:40 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Food for thought:

Finn, I just finished reading over at IGN, that the PS3 will use the GS+EE chip for Hardware BC instead of Emul BC, does this make a difference in your argument about custom music?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/711/711242p1.html

Last edited by backbreaker; 06-05-2006 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:22 PM   #8
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
Finn, I just finished reading over at IGN, that the PS3 will use the GS+EE chip for Hardware BC instead of Emul BC, does this make a difference in your argument about custom music?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/711/711242p1.html
Nope, I don't think the PS2 game implements custom stadium music even with the hard drive...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »