Home

2K5 Gamer Vs. Madden 06 Gamer...

This is a discussion on 2K5 Gamer Vs. Madden 06 Gamer... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 04:24 PM   #1
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19
2K5 Gamer Vs. Madden 06 Gamer...

Went out of town to the visit my cousin, & there's this guy whose a Madden guru,who's his roomie, & I always relish the opportunity to smash those Madden people at their game, I hadn't played it in ages. . . . so I did 1 warmup game (against the CPU) where I beat the Pats 36-6. So then I played him & he had The Chargers, I had the Colts. I got the ball first, quick 3 & out, I **** up the punt. He gives the ball to Spioles on the 1st play, 37 yard run for a TD! I'm down 7-0. I get the ball back & get like 3 1st downs in a row. . . .I go for it on 4th & short, didn't happen. Next possession he goes for it on 4th & 27 & converts, completes to McCardell who was Quadtruple covered (thanks to the cyclops beam ). Anyway, for some reason he doesn't use LT, he uses Spioles, but as the game went on this reason clearly became evident. This guy is uncatchable in the open field, & regularly pulled off big plays. By the 3rd quarter I just saw how everything is based on speed. I was wondering why my guys were so slow, after the game he told me I should've been holding the x button instead of tapping....what a loser!!! If I'd had known I would've won but I lost that game 28-22. I didn't feel bad at all knowing I was superior to him, & that my game (2K5) was as well. . . . So we play again the next day. I still had the Colts, & he got Seattle. Same thing at the beginning, I ****ed up that crazy illogical punt system, to give him field position for the easy early score. He ran the ball, 85% of the time & got off to a 21-0 lead in the 1st quarter. But I, knowing how flukey the game is & how you can easily exploit speed, knew I could come back. . . . He then went up 28-0. Then I went on an 88 yard drive for the TD which took up the majority of the 2nd Quarter. I of coruse ****ed up the kick again & the score at halftime was 28-6. I scored immediately in the 3rd on 3 plays to make it 28-14. The rest of the 3rd I slowed down his running game & shut him down in the redzone, got the ball on down & scored 3 unanswered TDs!!!! I converted two onside kicks in a row at the end of the game, in the last minute. The first a 60 yard TD to Wayne....the Other 33 yard completetion to Wayne to set up the winning FG with :14 left & him leading 35-34, but the clock ran out as I had no more timeouts, the square button didn't spike the ball like it would on a real football game, & I had to manually call the play which is dumber than keeping an unloaded gun from under your pillow to combat burglers!!!
I didn't feel bad because I knew I was superior to him.... that's a shame!!!
I had 524 total yards, he had 319. Alexander had 197yds (152yds in the first half). This guy begged me later to play me in 2K5, I would give you the details, but I don't think it's nesessary.... He had 1 completion in the first half (& by the way he was calling hot houtes & audibles, I can tell he's played it before) 98 total yards for the game!!! (5 min quarters gentlemen ) He received a merciless 26-0 beating from yours truly!!! Now who owns who?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2006, 04:42 PM   #2
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: 2K5 Gamer Vs. Madden 06 Gamer...

The biggest diffrence in H2H play in both titles is like you said, Madden relies heavily on the big play while 2K relies on the player skill. I do the same thing sometimes. I play a game of Madden or NCAA with my buddies and I end up winning or hanging in there the entire time despite not playing the game in ages.

I've said it before, the diffrence in the two is simple. One game rewards the user for its playcalling skills and the other rewards the user for its joystick jockeying skills. Madden can be played both ways but whats the use of having smart playcalling when you know there are many things that can be exploited built into the gameplay.

I cant even count the number of times I've had friends give up on 2K for one reason or the other. While enjoying a game that has 10x less content and stratergy involved. Top on the lack of a decent presentation and uninspiring graphics. Its simple though, most gamers now grew up in the arcade era, where simplicity is more fun than actually knowing the sport you're playing. Madden is in so little words:simple. No thought required. Its the very reason why a 13 year old can spank you in that game. It aint happening in 2K. If you dont know the sport, you will get your *** handed. Its been proven time and time again.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:48 PM   #3
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21

That's like saying the Royals are superior to the Yankees, dude. Or the Spurs are superior to the Mavs.

You went 0-2. He won. Stats don't really matter...the score does.

Go Badgers!
Old 06-14-2006, 04:51 PM   #4
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entiel
.....that crazy illogical punt system
Could you explain this more??
Old 06-14-2006, 04:55 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

madden is not "simple."

i believe both games are good, but neither is "simple."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2006, 05:13 PM   #6
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddeninyoeye
madden is not "simple."

i agree with u 100%, madden is extremely simple
Old 06-14-2006, 05:26 PM   #7
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddeninyoeye
madden is not "simple."

I dont know about that one man. Maybe against the cpu, Madden turns into a thinking mans game but in H2H situations, all that thinking and stratergy goes out the window. When I play most ppl in Madden, the dont even put thought into the yardage situations they're in. The pick a play and go, pick a play and go, pick a play and go. And most usually have their bread n butter plays that they use throughout the course of the game. Even when I pick up on it, I cant stop it. Why? Because the game is easily exploitable. Like the originator said, speed means everything in Madden and that is'nt the first time that has been mentioned.

My most hated play in Madden is the 3rd and 1, 4th and 1 conversion. I dont have a percentage but I would go out on a limb and say that the majority of those plays are converted due to the limited running game design. Its the reason why everybody I play has this bad habit of going for 4th and 1 all the time. Even if they're backed down on their own 2 yard line. Its sickening.

Besides that, you will always see multiple big plays despite how good you were playing on defense. Its just the way the game is designed. No lead is safe due to the catch-up logic but thats a whole nother discussion. As for the reason why H2H is'nt much of a chess match compared to 2K, its because of the pure lack of defense. You can pick smart defensive plays but the offense always has the upper hand. Watch wide recievers pull down passes with entire teams covering. Watch running backs Truck Stick top rated LBs. Watch Micheal Vick gain yards like Barry Sanders. There is no rhyme to reason while picking plays in Madden.

As for 2K, play a guy who knows his stuff and watch as you're unable to get a first down. I do it all the time. People get confused, POed cause this is sopposed to be a video game and quit because they cant score. Quit because my CBs are swatting balls away like flys. Quit because they cant get over 3 yrds per rush. Quit because they cant convert 4th and inches. Quit because they are to lazy to find the right type of play on defense. So instead they pick some garbage and get burned.

I've tried to convert many friends. Only 1 has seen the light. Has realized that 2K is the way football is meant to be played. Dont get me wrong, yes, it has its porblems but when you get to knowlegable players together on some 2K, you just might have the best sports gaming experience you ever had. Get 2 knowlegable guys on Madden and watch as the score dips into the 40s. Maybe its just me but having spent time with both games thoroughly, the diffrences in gamers for 2K and Madden seems like night and day to me.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:33 PM   #8
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pf03ho
i agree with u 100%, madden is extremely simple
Except the stuff that should be like audibles, kicking, & spiking the ball, etc.
Football is a slow methodical game, except before the snap. . . . you just be able to adjust in fractions of a sec like on 2K5....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entiel
.....that crazy illogical punt system

Sometimes the accuracy is low & it goes where it's supposed to anyway, sometimes it doesn't the wind doesn't seem to matter also, but I could be wrong about that.

By the way I played this other guy, next door in Madden, & won 50-42 he lead 36-12 at the half & I never lead until :51 left in the game, he kept trying to PA w/ Bettis 7 throw to Hines Ward....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
INT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by The Lob Mob; 06-14-2006 at 10:35 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »