Home

Keep 2K football hope alive

This is a discussion on Keep 2K football hope alive within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2006, 11:47 AM   #41
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Keep 2K football hope alive

Sorry if this is old, but I have to post it just in case it's not. Ignore me if it is old:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6152178.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2006, 12:32 PM   #42
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
Sorry if this is old, but I have to post it just in case it's not. Ignore me if it is old:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6152178.html
I want to punch him.

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt
Old 07-10-2006, 12:34 PM   #43
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
2k sports is a company just like EA or any other company. They are in the business to make money FIRST, please us second. PERIOD.
I think there are people on these boards who work for VC that would take offense to that statement.

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt
Old 07-13-2006, 04:11 AM   #44
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Intro movie...

[fade in] We see a mother, father, and two small children sitting around the breakfast table. Usual family stuff going on. Father grabs newspaper...dated March 23, 2074 Camera rush-zooms to shocking headline..."2K Football Sacked for A Loss"....

Zoom in on Father's shocked face.

Before he can speak, the phone rings. Mother answers. "It's for you baby, it's your brother" she say sweetly. Hands father the phone.

"Did you see the paper?" he exclaims.

[voice on phone] "Yeah, can you believe this?...it's all over the News, turn it on..."

Father clicks remote.

Our top story...

"After months of speculation the upcoming International Football League season has been cancelled.

Under heavy pressure from federal authorities and several human rights organizations, professional football has been temporarily suspended after a record 27 game-related deaths were recorded. These shocking numbers represent a 26% increase over the prior season, and debilitating injuries and game-related deaths have increased substantially over the past decade.

Many analysts have speculated on the effects that the significant evolutionary leap in average human size recorded in the years 2049-2053 widely attributed to the long-term affects of chemicals utilized in ozone-replacement technology (commonly referred to as "The Spurt") would have in professional sports. Experts have determined that the human body can no longer safely absorb the impact that regularly takes place in Americas favorite sport. Several safety features and rule changes have been developed to combat the rising fatalities to no avail.

Millions are saddened by the news and league commisioner Thomas Bensick vows that new technologies will be developed to ensure the safety of it's players and it is rumored that the league has appealed, citing the immense financial effects this temporary suspension will cause. It is unknown when the league will be allowed to continue it's operations.

We have the reigning MVP D'Quell Simpson in studio to discuss these develpments, but first we have a late-breaking report from the international arms standoff that has been escalating for the last 3 days. North Korean forces have refused surrender, and rumors of Chinese involvement continue to swirl. President Lattimore has called for congress to declare"....
click....

Father turns off TV angrily.

"Man, I can't believe this. I can't live without football! He yells. This is some Bull"... "JASON! mother scolds, nodding towards the children. Cute little girl giggles..."Daddy got potty mouth...

[phone voice] "Guess we'll have to watch the Eastern Atlantic league this year"

I HATE the EAFL!!! father exclaims...That's junior league. They don't even have announcers...I hate listening to the doggone radio while the game is on... This is some Bull..."Jason!"

"OK!" father snaps angrily "No potty-mouth"

"Not that...look. Whats that?"

Both stumble dumfoundedly to the window. Camera pans to what looks like some type of low-flying airplane on the horizon. The windows begin to shake as a high-pitched whine steadily decreases in pitch. They can hear the distant wail of klaxons.

They look at each other in fear, the paper falls from fathers hand.

Camera follows papers lazy descent as the high-pitched squeal continues to descend. The sound of death falling from the sky.

[White out]

[fade in] 100 years later...[fade out]

Man on podium...

"Today is a great day for our nation, as we continue to re-establish our way of life in the shadows of the wars of our fathers. One hundred years ago today, professional football as we know it was suspended due to the danger to it's players.

And now...it's back."

Huge uproar of cheering...intro music starts...gameplay footage begins. More commentary about high-tech body armor, cybernetics, ETC as GOW-level video footage shows.

Take two interactive and 2K games present....

2K74

That's my dream. Maybe corny, but I think it would work. If you made it this far through my madness...I thank you, just a little bit more to go!

They need to use some of that Oblivion money, and crank out a futuristic football game with humans, robots, and cyborgs, and give it real depth. They could create a post-apocolyptic world where professional football has evolved with the use of Hi-tech, in-helmet HUD's, and other gadgets.

Mutant League football was a popular IP back in the day, simply because it played like Madden. Speedball on the Amiga was sci-fi, but because you could buy better players and manage recources and league play, it still felt very realistic and immersive. Why can't anyone make a game like that again? Sort of like Prey...take the established conventions of the genre and throw in a few futurisic twists. (anti grav spots or teleportation devices). Picture the RB heading for a portal, so you have to switch to a DB to meet his *** on the other side...all with GOW-level graphics.

I think that would sell.

Besides killer next-gen grafx, (IE..hard hits cause robots to lose pieces that deform the model in real-time), give it good franchise features, imaginative stadiums and environments, and deep customization options (think Chromehounds... Build your players from the ground up for online leagues)

Because it's futuristic, you could license a few real legends names for without bending any infingement rules...a stud QB named Montana. Great, great, great grandson of the former QB. The new comish is a descendent of Ditka...Havn't they already inked a few names? Give the game a feel of authenticity.

Give it a seedy off the field component ala NBA:The Life. Buy and furnish homes (Cribs) with earnings. Imagine pimping out a crib and having the CPU AI trade you midseason and you lose some of your stuff....

Bottom line. I agree with some of the points discussed. The masses prolly won't embrace a generic football game. So how do you capture the interest and imagination of the sportsgame playing fanbase? Just like there are futuristic shooters, futuristic racers, futuristic RGP's....why can't a deep, deep, deep, deep, deep futuristic football game work if treated with respect? "From the makers of NFL2K5" would give it some weight, and if marketed correctly, it's no worse a game concept than any of the other cookie-cutter game designs we now see. At the end of the day, it all boils down to quality. make it good, and they will come. There are over 2 million 2K'ers out there...I think they would support this, just like we support any good game. The framework is there...Drop it for X-Mas 07...man that would be great.

I wish.

Last edited by HMcCoy; 07-13-2006 at 04:40 AM.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:51 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 14

lol this sounds like a dream I had last night. I was playing a game just like NFL 2K5, I was a LB, their RB came up through the middle, had a wide open hole. I remember juicing up my power and as the RB came at me I shoulder checked him into the ground a la Madden's hit stick. The guy hit the ground flat and then blood starting running off his face a la NHL 93 when you knocked a guy down in a fight. I remember vividly a text at the top of the screen after that. It said something like "You have killed such and such running back". I remember the word killed was definitely in there. I remember just sitting back thinking "cool". That was the dream I had last night, just thought I would share that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2006, 10:56 AM   #46
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18

2k needs to look at what Konami has done with Winning Eleven without a license, it's the number 1 sports game in the world and they just started getting a few licensed teams and players. They have been successful because it's easy to edit the players and teams to mock the real players and teams. 2k needs to come out with a generic game because it would sell and it would be perfect for the hardcore 2k fans who still play 2k5 in online leagues. NFL 2k5 is still the best football game out there to be honest.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:14 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3
Thumbs up Re: Keep 2K football hope alive

Yay baby yay, must bump back to the top of the forum. 2K Football rises from the grave with a vengance. You want a revolution, well now you'll have one. Are you ready. I know I am!
Old 07-23-2006, 01:08 AM   #48
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11

I have to tell you that this "waiting to see if NFL 2K5 will play online for the 360 or PS3" is just killing me! I run a league on the PS2, and I want to know where I can take it during the coming years. 360 doesn't look so good, as I doubt it will ever be BC on there.

PS3 will have it BC, probably, but will it play it online?

And how long with PS2 and XBOX online play last? Will they both cease at the same time, or will one current-gen console keep it online longer?

If any one has any recent info, it would be appreciated. I'm sick of searching all over for it. I'd like to know where our league is headed this fall, and beyond!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »